Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lzmunky wrote: »
    While I agree to an extent, the barracuda stall in Hendrix is pretty good, 7 quid and it's a great feed.

Yeah the pork + potatoes are fantastic from there

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Got two eco camping tickets booked.
    Well two of us did haha, very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Lzmunky wrote: »
    While I agree to an extent, the barracuda stall in Hendrix is pretty good, 7 quid and it's a great feed.

Its the best festival food by a mile !

Our whole group got into the eco camping wooo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Hopefully they have the film tent back in Eco from last year too, excellent way to wind down after a night of craziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

That sounds awesome !

• Advertisement

How far away is the eco camp from stages and stuff actually? I think I'll take better facilities in eco over a mild inconvenience if any. How was it in the last few years if anyone was there prior? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's just outside the Oscar Wilde campsite, on the far side of the trees. less than a 3min walk to Salty Dog arena entrance.

adam240610 wrote: »
    How far away is the eco camp from stages and stuff actually? I think I'll take better facilities in eco over a mild inconvenience if any. How was it in the last few years if anyone was there prior? Cheers

image.JPG

Yep, just outside Oscar Wilde the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Real shame about phantogram. Think I called them last December for ep, so pretty disappointed.

Had not heard of them and only started listening, shame that.
    Oh yeah... Your lists are missing Ziploc bags.

not any more... not any more....

image.JPG

Yep, just outside Oscar Wilde the last couple of years.

That's class, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Well at least Metropolis festival have saved those of us with a Leftfield problem !!:D

Your had your chance EP, and you BLEW it .......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Well at least Metropolis festival have saved those of us with a Leftfield problem !!:D

Your had your chance EP, and you BLEW it .......:P

fück, now i have to go to metropolis too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yes! Eco-camping registration done. Pretty quick and straightforward.

Is this an option for a family? The registration link doesn't say, it just says you can only register one person at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

nc6000 wrote: »
    Is this an option for a family? The registration link doesn't say, it just says you can only register one person at a time.

I'd be surprised if there was any space left now. It's a lot quieter than the main campsites apparently. But I don't know the ins and outs of it apart from you keep your area tidy and dispose of your cans etc. in the appropriate bins

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bears Den have themselves down for the Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

For anyone that's interested, Kiasmos have themselves listed for Sunday and have another gig down for the Friday in (I think) Portugal.

Most of the tour has a day or two between gigs so it would make sense.

For anyone not interested, get interested - one of the best things I saw at Primavera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

nc6000 wrote: »
    i don't see why not, fairly sure there were a few families in there last year.
    don't know what facilities the family camping has but I doubt the Eco campsite has them though, it's basically just a clean, relatively quiet fenced off area with security.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Bears Den have themselves down for the Sunday

Had never heard of them before and am absolutely loving them. Same vibe as one of my favourite discoveries of last years picnic, Avett Bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Just seen prophets of rage at rock werchter , unbelievable . EP needs to get the finger outta their hole n put on a good rocking act . Get them , and do a side deal for public enemy n cypress hill to play solo sets . Rage too if they can dip into their tight wallets .

Prophets played at 4.30 today n pulled a whopper crowd , the mosh pit was some craic . As someone said earlier , a headline act should have everyone rocking leaving the venue , not this boring drimy draumy **** .
    Lovely tribute to Chris Cornell too .

Side note - love the unwritten rules of a mosh pit , lads getting absolutely creamed onto the floor but picked up before all continued , no malice . Havnt moshed proper in years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

i don't see why not, fairly sure there were a few families in there last year.
    don't know what facilities the family camping has but I doubt the Eco campsite has them though, it's basically just a clean, relatively quiet fenced off area with security.

Very much looking forward to progressing my descent into middle age by getting out of Hendrix and into here. After this, it'll be glamping all the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

if you're not in teens or early 20s its madness not going to pink moon imho, such a great set up.

showpony1 wrote: »
    if you're not in teens or early 20s its madness not going to pink moon imho, such a great set up.

Happy enough in Eco tbh, it's secure, comfortable & chilled and they don't charge you €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Just seen prophets of rage at rock werchter , unbelievable . EP needs to get the finger outta their hole n put on a good rocking act . Get them , and do a side deal for public enemy n cypress hill to play solo sets . Rage too if they can dip into their tight wallets .

Prophets played at 4.30 today n pulled a whopper crowd , the mosh pit was some craic . As someone said earlier , a headline act should have everyone rocking leaving the venue , not this boring drimy draumy **** .

Side note - love the unwritten rules of a mosh pit , lads getting absolutely creamed onto the floor but picked up before all continued , no malice . Havnt moshed proper in years

Unfortunately, EP has consistently shown that it's not that type of festival. This year more than ever. Fingers crossed for something in the last announcement or in Body and Soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Unfortunately, EP has consistently shown that it's not that type of festival. This year more than ever. Fingers crossed for something in the last announcement or in Body and Soul.

Ho99or played last year in B&S I think so not necessarily something that they're completely averse to.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Ho99or played last year in B&S I think so not necessarily something that they're completely averse to.
    Two years ago.

Yeah, they some times dip their toe but it's always way down the list and has been decreasing in recent years.

Not a sniff this year yet but you'd never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Why unfortunately?

It can't be all things to all men, it's always leaned towards dance and indie acts. It's not a mosh-pit type of festival.

Why unfortunately?

It can't be all things to all men, it's always leaned towards dance and indie acts. It's not a mosh-pit type of festival.
    Because I, and the person I was replying to, would like it to be. It can be what it wants to be.

And it doesn't need to go so far as to have a mosh pit in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Just seen prophets of rage at rock werchter , unbelievable  . EP needs to get the finger outta their hole n put on a good rocking act . Get them , and do a side deal for public enemy n cypress hill to play solo sets . Rage too if they can dip into their tight wallets .

I saw footage on FB of it - lads in wheelchairs crowd surfing - looked great craic but that is not what EP want unfortunately even if personally I'd love it.. Enjoy the rest of Rock Werchter - quite jealous right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I'd love if someone curated a punk tent for a few hours,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The Salty Dog stage is about as rocky as EP will ever get, and I think that's fine, it was never in EPs wheelhouse to be a rock festival.

Advertisement