Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

mgkelly wrote: »
    Whoo, chances of Royal Blood must be low to zero, unfortunately:(
    They are playing 3Arena in a few months.
    Pity.

Royal Blood are in Vancouver and Washington State EP weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Chances of any even slightly big names are zero now. There'll be some stuff for body and soul area and other voices and that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

Stats:
    199 Acts announced so far
    Although 64 of those are in Theatre of Food leaving 135 musical acts
    53 are in Trenchtown
    The Meaudery ****e count this year so far is only at 8.
    8 Must See
    16 Like to See
    23 Wouldn't mind seeing
    11 that have piqued my interest (more ecker to do)
    63 "Nah" acts that I wouldn't be too bother seeing
    Only 6 absolutely avoid acts

All in all it's looking very promising and regardless it's always a great weekend.

Catch up with friends from across the globe.

See the odd gem of an act tucked away somewhere.

Find that perfect covers band on a tiny stage just a the right time of the night to give everyone in the crew that lift to keep keeping on.

Dancing at the chip van at 4am.

I'll be the overly emotional bloke near the sound/lighting tower joyously sobbing as the warm sonic tide that is Elbow washes over me and elevates my spirits to a higher dimension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Coz wrote: »
    Stats:

8 Must See
    16 Like to See
    23 Wouldn't mind seeing
    11 that have piqued my interest (more ecker to do)
    63 "Nah" acts that I wouldn't be too bother seeing
    Only 6 absolutely avoid acts

Can we get a detailed breakdown on these?

We need to judge you by your taste in music before bitching & moaning at each other about music snobbery etc...

Can we get a detailed breakdown on these?

We need to judge you by your taste in music before bitching & moaning at each other about music snobbery etc...

My tastes are wide and varied but I just can't stand cucumber (and Irish Country Music)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

is there any likelihood of any more additions at this stage, its as weak of a line up as Ive ever seen, very scant on the heavier side of things, in recent years we had the likes of metz, viet cong, otherkin, fangclub, girl band, fat white family who aren't heavy but bring a distinct edgier sound, its quite bland this year apart from goat girl. Plenty to enjoy but not much to jump around too.

There'll be plenting of jumping around at the Japandroids.Check them out, great album

thebusher wrote: »
    There'll be plenting of jumping around at the Japandroids.Check them out, great album

Hadn't heard them before I started my homework but I get a Gaslight Anthem vibe off them.

Liking it

I've gone back a dozen pages or so but can't find the name of the band playing this year that someone said are similar to The Avett Brothers who were my gig of the festival last year.

Anyone know which band it is??

I'll be amazed if Liam Gallagher or JAMC don't fill that guitar shaped hole in the lineup by the way.

I've gone back a dozen pages or so but can't find the name of the band playing this year that someone said are similar to The Avett Brothers who were my gig of the festival last year.

Maybe Aaron Lee Tasjan??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Coz wrote: »
    My tastes are wide and varied but I just can't stand cucumber (and Irish Country Music)

What a snob!

/s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I'll be amazed if Liam Gallagher or JAMC don't fill that guitar shaped hole in the lineup by the way.

Was it Bear's Den?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Prepare to be amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Was it Bear's Den?

That's the one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could we see London Grammar subbing The XX???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Guessing there's no chance of Miss Charlotte and her late night pop dungeon now.

I am disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Must be a very strong possibility Trinity Orchestra do Sgt Peppers given the 50th anniversary & such....

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Not given up hope on Jamie T to fill this guitar shaped hole. Similar status wise to Skepta from the third announcement last year. Enough nostalgia elsewhere on the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Guessing there's no chance of Miss Charlotte and her late night pop dungeon now.

I am disappoint.

She's pregnant, will be heavily so by time of EP. From a recent Guardian interview I think she said the baby was due in November. Hopefully there next year as that show sounds like the proper way to round off a night.

And I love her politics too.

Will check out Bears Den. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    She's pregnant, will be heavily so by time of EP. From a recent Guardian interview I think she said the baby was due in November. Hopefully there next year as that show sounds like the proper way to round off a night.

announced that she had a miscarriage only last week.
    probably won't be doing the festivals either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Watched Liam Gallagher at Glastonbury. ****, what a missed opportunity EP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Seeing as the xx are there, can we hedge bets on jamie xx playing or is that out of the question

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Ah no. That's sad news. She's had a tough few years. Hope she'll be ok.

Just head new Laura Marking stuff on the Huey Show. Sounding great. Any chance she'd return, this year or next? Or still upset with the EP pundits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Oh no, poor thing. That's awful.

Great shout on Bears Den lads. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Great shout on Bears Den lads. Thanks!

De nada

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mcbee88

Made a very rash decision this week and sold my Picnic ticket, then booked a Bestival one. €40 return flights to Bristol, and a shuttle bus from there. Have never gone to a festival outside of Ireland, eben though I've been going to festys now for 13yrs(I'm usually too skint :D ) also booking Primavera 2018 tickets when they come out(Barcelona leg). I know I would've enjoyed Picnic, I always always do, but thought I'd just take a gamble on Bestival!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mcbee88 wrote: »
    Made a very rash decision this week and sold my Picnic ticket, then booked a Bestival one. €40 return flights to Bristol, and a shuttle bus from there. Have never gone to a festival outside of Ireland, eben though I've been going to festys now for 13yrs(I'm usually too skint :D ) also booking Primavera 2018 tickets when they come out(Barcelona leg). I know I would've enjoyed Picnic, I always always do, but thought I'd just take a gamble on Bestival!

Yea great plan! Me personally I really like having the car there as a back up, somewhere I can store passport, cards and spare cash!
    Bestival is on my hit list but logistically a night mare trying to take a car out there!!
    Will have to take a leap of faith at some point and fly over! Will you end up stashing your passport somewhere in the tent or a locker on site?

Edit: I see its moved location from the Isle of wight to Dorset, that makes things a bit easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

What are the chances of frank cater and the rattle snakes , machine gun Kelly , Charlie XcX and linkin park been added to next announcement ?

Advertisement