Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mcbee88

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yea great plan! Me personally I really like having the car there as a back up, somewhere I can store passport, cards and spare cash!
    Bestival is on my hit list but logistically a night mare trying to take a car out there!!
    Will have to take a leap of faith at some point and fly over! Will you end up stashing your passport somewhere in the tent or a locker on site?

Edit: I see its moved location from the Isle of wight to Dorset, that makes things a bit easier

Yes the move to Dorset defo helped me with my decision to go! I'd imagine we'll get a locker, there's a few of us like, and the oul'passports are v.v.v.important obviously. I'll report back with a full review of it, 500words or more

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Rfrip wrote: »
    Seeing as the xx are there, can we hedge bets on jamie xx playing or is that out of the question

They headlined Primavera & Jamie xx played a mini DJ set from the main stage seemingly following their own stuff. Be kinda cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Tago Mago wrote: »
    They headlined Primavera & Jamie xx played a mini DJ set from the main stage seemingly following their own stuff. Be kinda cool.

He played a few b2b sets at glasto which were included in the lineup, he may have popped up elsewhere unannounced I don't know. If he isn't scheduled to do anything else at picnic he probably won't but you never know. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the rave in the woods after The xx are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

MadYaker wrote: »
    He played a few b2b sets at glasto which were included in the lineup, he may have popped up elsewhere unannounced I don't know. If he isn't scheduled to do anything else at picnic he probably won't but you never know. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the rave in the woods after The xx are done.

Should defo be attempts made by organizers. Rave in the Woods would be an amazing setting for his solo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Watching few you tube videos of Annie mac...really like her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Tickets sorted today at last. 480 wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Jayop wrote: »
    Tickets sorted today at last. 480 wasn't too bad.

I hope that's for two.

I hope that's for two.

Ya.

Snarky Snark Snark

Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Eco -Camping - Anyone got an Eco camp registration they not using?? I thought last years campers were going to get a shout first? I stayed there and was waiting on a mail. Missed out now ðŸ™

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Eco -Camping - Anyone got an Eco camp registration they not using?? I thought last years campers were going to get a shout first? I stayed there and was waiting on a mail. Missed out now ðŸ™

Yeah I registered for eco camping and nobody else I'm going with did... Was just about to email festival republic to cancel it.....Is it transferable? How do I give you my spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

For anyone that's interested, Kiasmos have themselves listed for Sunday and have another gig down for the Friday in (I think) Portugal.

Most of the tour has a day or two between gigs so it would make sense.

For anyone not interested, get interested - one of the best things I saw at Primavera.

Thanks for this never heard of these guys loving what I've heard so far

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

haitens wrote: »
    Yeah I registered for eco camping and nobody else I'm going with did... Was just about to email festival republic to cancel it.....Is it transferable? How do I give you my spot?

Unlikely to be able considering we gave name and email tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

haitens wrote: »

Just give him your name & email address to use when he gets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

The EcoCamping had a loyalty scheme list which they assembled pre-June and then emailed people early June to check if they still wanted a spot. They had 1000 places, and then EP had 1,000 to give away. i emailed them directly a few months ago and got on the list. I assumed that people who had stayed with them before would have got an email to see if they were interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Kepler21 wrote: »
    The EcoCamping had a loyalty scheme list which they assembled pre-June and then emailed people early June to check if they still wanted a spot. They had 1000 places, and then EP had 1,000 to give away. i emailed them directly a few months ago and got on the list. I assumed that people who had stayed with them before would have got an email to see if they were interested.[/quote

If people who were on loyalty list didn't get in touch by June 23rd they weren't considered, they were emailing people but said they might have missed some, which is why they wanted people to contact them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't mind some of the acts from Home festival in Italy, Bloody Beetroots, Justice, Moderat and Booka Shade.

19702474_1755376397820998_7411243373516743116_n.jpg?oh=c99e13b07f40b38104227d244a712c14&oe=5A095F30

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not too much on that line up that interests me, but I am really surprised/disappointed Justice aren't playing an Irish festival this summer. They would have been perfect for any one of Picnic, Longitude, Forbidden Fruit or Metropolis.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Eco camp seems very near the rave in the woods place. Anyone know if its noisy in Eco in the early hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

thebusher wrote: »
    Eco camp seems very near the rave in the woods place. Anyone know if its noisy in Eco in the early hours?

The ECO camp site is to the left of the wristband exchange/entrance, last year I stayed in the Chaplin overflow camp site to the right of the wristband area and actually closer to the rave in the woods, I have to say I didn't notice it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would be happy to see these lads get added (i know they are doing the Muse/Biffy gig)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

thebusher wrote: »

Sure that finishes at 4. Just as you are going asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Would be happy to see these lads get added (i know they are doing the Muse/Biffy gig)

BBC R1 plays them regularly in the evenings at the moment. Great band.

Sure that finishes at 4. Just as you are going asleep.

Does it happen every night or just once?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Would love Moderat, they were great at Forbidden Fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Wouldn't mind some of the acts from Home festival in Italy, Bloody Beetroots, Justice, Moderat and Booka Shade.

19702474_1755376397820998_7411243373516743116_n.jpg?oh=c99e13b07f40b38104227d244a712c14&oe=5A095F30

Would love the Bloody Beetroots. Seen them support System of a Down at Rock en Seine and I had never heard of them before. Stood on the hill watching the entire crowd bouncing around, it was unreal. Made sure I saw them again in a tent in Chiemsee, whole place was buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Don't know if this is a new thing (I don't remember seeing it any of the years I've been) but there's a line up being announced soon for an AfterDark at the Hazel Wood stage?

Probably kicking off the smaller stages announcements

Snarky Snark Snark

GidCudi wrote: »
    Don't know if this is a new thing (I don't remember seeing it any of the years I've been) but there's a line up being announced soon for an AfterDark at the Hazel Wood stage?

Hazel Wood was new last year and on the Friday night at midnight they had Cathy Davey doing her new (at the time) album, pegged it across from SFA missing the last song to get there in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Hazel Wood was new last year and on the Friday night at midnight they had Cathy Davey doing her new (at the time) album, pegged it across from SFA missing the last song to get there in time.

Yeah, really enjoyed Cathy last year. Nice setting and the album was great. What's not to like with Cathy? Hope she's playing again this year and not just hanging out with the horses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Had a Bowie thing there late on the Saturday night which was great.

Advertisement