Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Poorside wrote: »
    Had a Bowie thing there late on the Saturday night which was great.

Caught that myself on the way back to Pink Moon from the Woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What was Electric Picnic 2017 on page two of gigs and events for, I have never seen the like, please don't let this happen again. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Shush you.... disturbin the peace...

58 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Would be happy to see these lads get added (i know they are doing the Muse/Biffy gig)

They are the kind of band that should be added to EP and more bands of this genre should be added, but over the last few EPs it seems that Aiken Promotions are moving away from indie/rock bands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

What was Electric Picnic 2017 on page two of gigs and events for, I have never seen the like, please don't let this happen again. :D

I'll fix this.

So, that E-Lites Stage is the biz. We need more of that and less of this s@@te talk about leftfield and lcd soundsystem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I'll fix this.

So, that E-Lites Stage is the biz. We need more of that and less of this s@@te talk about leftfield and lcd soundsystem.

Nah, cocktail cocktail was the place to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

The fun fair is the spot lads, stop kidding yourselves

Snarky Snark Snark

through a sniper scope....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I wonder what the chances are of Imagine Dragons been added in the next announcement (yeah I know ZERO) but the are free around that date.
    It would need an act of this stature to save face at this stage I think, otherwise tickets certainly will not sell out by spring next year I don't think

I wonder what the chances are of Imagine Dragons been added in the next announcement (yeah I know ZERO) but the are free around that date.
    It would need an act of this stature to save face at this stage I think, otherwise tickets certainly will not sell out by spring next year I don't think
    I'm enjoying the line up so far, hopefully it'll clear out a lot of the riff raff and 2FM heads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

They have no European dates scheduled for after 23rd July so looks unlikely but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

to save face with who? 14 year olds? :confused:
    the more Imagine Dragons fans EP keeps away, the better.

Snarky Snark Snark

Lzmunky wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the line up so far, hopefully it'll clear out a lot of the riff raff and 2FM heads.

riff raff and 2FM heads have just as much right to be there, they pay for tickets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

riff raff and 2FM heads have just as much right to be there, they pay for tickets too.

Yeah, but what this post presupposes is - What if they didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

to save face with who? 14 year olds? :confused:
    the more Imagine Dragons fans EP keeps away, the better.

Wow, so what your saying is Imagine Dragons are too POP for EP, Jayuz some peps are a bit to far up their own posterior here.

Next we'll be saying the the tour de picnic should only be permitted if you can only use a fixie bike

Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    Yeah, but what this post presupposes is - What if they didn't?

I suppose some sort of captcha (or gotcha) on the ticketbastard purchase page might do the trick.

Q: Do you like Ed Sheeran [Yes / No]

If Q=Y
    Then Do "Computer Says No... cough"
    Otherwise "Fleece Customer"
    Endif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Wow, so what your saying is Imagine Dragons are too POP for EP, Jayuz some peps are a bit to far up their own posterior here.

Next we'll be saying the the tour de picnic should only be permitted if you can only use a fixie bike

Nah EP has always booked plenty of pop music, it just has to be good pop music!

While that is true, youbcant deny it's gotten a lot messier the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Lzmunky wrote: »
    While that is true, youbcant deny it's gotten a lot messier the last few years.

It's got more crowded. I don't think the type of people coming has changed, there are just more of them.

The main thing that changes is you. When I went to my first EP, I was 25, went hard-core for three days solid and thought my mate bringing his guitar was a great call. Now I'm shoving on for 40 and think booking into a local b&b is the only way to do it. That's not EP's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

While I understand where you're coming from with the heads up their arses comment, Benny, I think it's the idea that EP will only 'save face' with the announcement of an 'Imagine Dragons' type act that gets on some peoples tits. I think it's probably just as ignorant to write off the 20 odd acts that I like the sound of on the current line-up without giving them a listen as it is to dismiss Imagine Dragons as annoying fluff. Live and let live is my motto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

It's got more crowded. I don't think the type of people coming has changed, there are just more of them.

The main thing that changes is you. When I went to my first EP, I was 25, went hard-core for three days solid and thought my mate bringing his guitar was a great call. Now I'm shoving on for 40 and think booking into a local b&b is the only way to do it. That's not EP's fault.

I camped where Hendrix is now for the first 7-8 years of the festival, left money & other things in my tent that i wouldn't dream of leaving in it now and i'm in Eco every year. I wouldn't camp in Hendrix now.

There wasn't people ransacking tents & pissing and ****ting on peoples tents back then. That's only developed in the last 6-7 years from what i see, especially since Oxegen went tits up.

Most of the crowd are still dead on, but to say crowd is exactly the same as is was is plain wrong. Go back through all the threads on here for years 2005-2010 and you'll see all the comments about how the crowds at Oxegen & EP were night and day from people who'd just been to EP for the first time. A percentage of the old undesirable Oxegen crowd has spilled over to EP, there's definitely an difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Does EP take a clubcard :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

and thought my mate bringing his guitar was a great call..

Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I camped where Hendrix is now for the first 7-8 years of the festival, left money & other things in my tent that i wouldn't dream of leaving in it now and i'm in Eco every year. I wouldn't camp in Hendrix now.

There wasn't people ransacking tents & pissing and ****ting on peoples tents back then. That's only developed in the last 6-7 years from what i see, especially since Oxegen went tits up.

Most of the crowd are still dead on, but to say crowd is exactly the same as is was is plain wrong. Go back through all the threads on here for years 2005-2010 and you'll see all the comments about how the crowds at Oxegen & EP were night and day from people who'd just been to EP for the first time. A percentage of the old undesirable Oxegen crowd has spilled over to EP, there's definitely an difference.

There's just more people. More undesirables. More hipsters. More bored kids collecting cups. More girls in 300 euro wellies. More of everyone.

You're comparing a festival with 20,000 people to one with 50,000, of course there is more shenanigans. And of course, what else has happened in the last 6-7 years? You got 6-7 years older.

To summarise:

888.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

We have camped in the same spot for years, pretty much on the line between Warhol & Hendrix and we've never had any problems, no thefts from tents or any random pukers/pissers/****ters. No doubt these things do happen occasionally but it's not the complete end-of-the-world scenario people talk about, most people get on fine in whatever campsite they choose. Having a chat & a beer with the neighbours first thing on the Friday normally sets the tone.

Having said all that we're in Pink Moon this year for the first time, the thought of camping somewhere new terrifies me but the girls talked us into it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

There's just more people. More undesirables. More hipsters. More bored kids collecting cups. More girls in 300 euro wellies. More of everyone.

You're comparing a festival with 20,000 people to one with 50,000, of course there is more shenanigans. And of course, what else has happened in the last 6-7 years? You got 6-7 years older.

To summarise:

888.jpg

I'm comparing a festival in 2008/9 to a festival of the same size more or less in 2011/12. There was a notable shift, and i wasn't 6/7 years older nor did i say it was a younger crowd causing the issues. Just a different crowd. And yes this was obviously multiplied when numbers swelled.

To say the crowd was exactly the same in 2012 as in 2005? Again you're wrong, Simpson's meme or no Simpson's meme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

To say the crowd was exactly the same in 2012 as in 2005? Again you're wrong, Simpson's meme or no Simpson's meme.

I don't know, the Simpsons meme sold me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,754 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

kg703 wrote: »
    I don't know, the Simpsons meme sold me

26b62c_5445644.jpg

I appreciate that it's not as easy as it used to be.. more than most! But I found the campsite pretty rough the last few years, you'd hear of more tents being robbed etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Missed out on Pink Moon this year and was absolutely dreading the thoughts of staying in the 'normal' campsites, thankfully got spot in Eco camping which I've heard is grand

Advertisement