Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

room_149 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip- good to see the Picnic booking plenty of female DJs too this year
    yep, lots getting attention recently. EVE are great too, they played Forbidden Fruit and playing Longitude this weekend (playing Wah Wah Club in Dublin that night too). would be good to see them added as well.

https://soundcloud.com/eve-official-music/eve-dj-set-live-higher-visions-festival

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Long Island Sound (unless i'm listening to the wrong one) does not suit the Anachronica stage at all

Cailin sounds savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Aldous Harding is playing Sunday at EP according to her tour page: http://www.aldousharding.com/shows/

Here's a tune from Later with Jools:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqnUL7HGvZ0

Kinda looks like yer wan from Haim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Dibble wrote: »
    Aldous Harding is playing Sunday at EP according to her tour page: http://www.aldousharding.com/shows/

Here's a tune from Later with Jools:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqnUL7HGvZ0

Nice one, she's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Dibble wrote: »

There is only one wan from Haim.

tumblr_njhkfgb2Zq1qcijqxo2_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

There is only one wan from Haim.

tumblr_njhkfgb2Zq1qcijqxo2_500.jpg

That's her alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nice, DJ Deece in the woods should be very good. Have found myself spending less time at the rave in the woods every time I go to picnic for some reason, will never forget my first EP wandering down there at 3.00am, one of my favourite picnic memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Nice, DJ Deece in the woods should be very good. Have found myself spending less time at the rave in the woods every time I go to picnic for some reason, will never forget my first EP wandering down there at 3.00am, one of my favourite picnic memories!

Same. I went for a look last year but only stayed 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm the same, I think it's just I love body and soul so much at night time that I find it very hard to leave.
    Few there I want to check out, dj deece was brilliant after forbidden fruit and always wanted to see john Daly but never have.
    Looking forward to seeing what Other dance acts are added. I still haven't lost faith in joe Goddard being announced. He's like James Murphy, always pops on in one for or another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

This will be the first festival I'm going to where I'm not overly excited to see some of the acts.
    Sure, I'm looking forward to seeing a few acts, mainly those lower down on the line-up but I'm really missing that ecstatic feeling of anticipating the big headliners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

hoodini89 wrote: »
    This will be the first festival I'm going to where I'm not overly excited to see some of the acts.
    Sure, I'm looking forward to seeing a few acts, mainly those lower down on the line-up but I'm really missing that ecstatic feeling of anticipating the big headliners!

I'm definitely more excited to see the 'non headliners'
    Could be the headliners of the future in there!
    Although I am buzzin for Duran Duran - Watched the XX at Glastonbury (on the telly) and wasn't excited by them at all. ATCQ, just not my type of music but hey! depending on who is on, maybe I might drop down.

Just so excited in general, 7 weeks to go.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

hoodini89 wrote: »

Don't worry about it. Most of the fun of a festival is wandering stage to stage, discovering new music.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

...Have found myself spending less time at the rave in the woods every time I go to picnic for some reason, will never forget my first EP wandering down there at 3.00am, one of my favourite picnic memories!

Getting old? ;)
    Don't worry I hear ya- cant do the all-nighters anymore & it's not for the lack of trying either!! Usually have ended up back at the campervan way before 3.00 am the last few years. Gone be with the days of no sleep until Monday..having kids and getting near 40 will do it to anyone I figure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Getting old? ;)
    Don't worry I hear ya- cant do the all-nighters anymore & it's not for the lack of trying either!! Usually have ended up back at the campervan way before 3.00 am the last few years. Gone be with the days of no sleep until Monday..having kids and getting near 40 will do it to anyone I figure!!

You just need a Cassette-Waggle and you can party all night, use the time right up to 4 am.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Went to the Rave in the woods every night last year was great having a bop at 4am in the lashings of rain!

Snarky Snark Snark

You just need a Cassette-Waggle

a who with the what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

a who with the what now?

Its a bit too awkward to explain, its like my Pocket Festival idea really. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

a who with the what now?

I assume a Cassette Waggle is what we used to call "a bag of drugs".

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Its a bit too awkward to explain, its like my Pocket Festival idea really. :)

I was hoping for a festival-enhancing wonder drug of some description*

*drugs aren't cool or clever kids. Stay in school and take protein shakes instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Getting old? ;)

getting near 40, sure yer only a chisler

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

*drugs aren't cool or clever kids. Stay in school and take protein shakes instead.

shakes?

7hR04Ep.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Curtis Harding has announced a few European dates for the week after EP, he was on my must see last year put pulled out in the week leading up to it, hopefully he'll be there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Getting old? ;)

I have a long time to go before I'm caught up with you :p Body & Soul is definitely my favourite area at night time, trailer park is very good craic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Getting old? ;)

dont even think its being old not going to the rave, there's things like attention bebe in the trailor park and mother djs in the body and soul on just as late sat/sun at which i much prefer the music and there's more getting chatting to people

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

showpony1 wrote: »
    dont even think its being old not going to the rave, there's things like attention bebe in the trailor park and mother djs in the body and soul on just as late sat/sun at which i much prefer the music and there's more getting chatting to people

What's the attention bebe?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

dmm82 wrote: »
    What's the attention bebe?

Its a band

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Its a band

They are so much more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

D.Q wrote: »
    They are so much more than that.

Can't believe i haven't heard of them, and i love the trailer park area!! Will definitely check them out this year

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Feeling every so slightly better about the line-up. Just a squinchy bit.

Kelly Lee Owens's latest album is a very, very very pleasant surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

7 weeks to go!

*waiting on you scruffmonkey to calculate the sleeps!

Advertisement