Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

49!!!! it's less than 50 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

There's a crowd outside where I work waiting for a bus to longitude, the fake tan whiff is unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Poorside wrote: »
    There's a crowd outside where I work waiting for a bus to longitude, the fake tan whiff is unreal.

You mean 'HUNreal' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

You mean 'HUNreal' :D

Lads in wifebeaters and bum bags seem to be the 'look' as well, wish I was that cool.

Snarky Snark Snark

To be replaced later on by the whiff of crusted vomit, tear stained mascara, shame and poor life choices...

(and that's just the lads)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Lads in wifebeaters and bum bags seem to be the 'look' as well, wish I was that cool.

Gotta wear those wifebeaters to show off those gains!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

To be replaced later on by the whiff of crusted vomit, tear stained mascara, shame and poor life choices...

(and that's just the lads)

I live near, its fun to wander down and watch the chaos. The amount of people too drunk to get in is mental. Then they all hang around outside and hilarity ensues.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

showpony1 wrote: »
    dont even think its being old not going to the rave, there's things like attention bebe in the trailor park and mother djs in the body and soul on just as late sat/sun at which i much prefer the music and there's more getting chatting to people

No it's definitely an age/stamina/pacing issue for me! Usually start the caning in the early afternoon mistakenly thinking I'm the same animal I was 10-15-20 years ago!!
    I've wound up in the Body & Soul area instead of the Rave in the Woods more often then not of late. There or the little bar behind the Salty Dog stage if it's wet. Either way I'm usually taken back to the camper, either by some kind souls or the missus before 3.30, fairly mashed and ready for bed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

room_149 wrote: »
    No it's definitely an age/stamina/pacing issue for me! Usually start the caning in the early afternoon mistakenly thinking I'm the same animal I was 10-15-20 years ago!!
    I've wound up in the Body & Soul area instead of the Rave in the Woods more often then not of late. There or the little bar behind the Salty Dog stage if it's wet. Either way I'm usually taken back to the camper, either by some kind souls or the missus before 3.30, fairly mashed and ready for bed!!!

In fairness, the so call "Rave in the Woods" has being going downhill for a good few years... You subliminally recognised this fact and decided that the better option is B&S and Salty Dog.

Last couple of years I haven't even dropped in to see what the craic is and its on my way home to campervan heaven. Last time I enjoyed it really, it was still called Tír na gCasta... those were the days. After that it moved and Neutronix took it over for a while. For me its never been the same since then ... Psy-Trance killed it off for me ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Thinking about the line up (which i think has some amazing acts) and the gripes people are having.
    I went over clashfinder for last year. I counted 20 acts I saw over the weekend. Mostly full sets, but a few partial sets. Looking through clashfinder, I saw another 10-15 acts that would have been great to see.
    So anyone worried they wont be enough on for them to enjoy, the options are plentyful if you are happy to give something a go (but not dance/electronica which is a waste of time !!!!)
    Question, anyone bring those pocket/collapsible pint glasses with them any year. 1) will security let you through with them and 2) do the bars fill them for you?
    I dont plan to go back and forth between the venue and pink moon for all my drinks, but would be handy to do so anytime I would be back

• Advertisement

In fairness, the so call "Rave in the Woods" has being going downhill for a good few years... You subliminally recognised this fact and decided that the better option is B&S and Salty Dog.

Last couple of years I haven't even dropped in to see what the craic is and its on my way home to campervan heaven. Last time I enjoyed it really, it was still called Tír na gCasta... those were the days. After that it moved and Neutronix took it over for a while. For me its never been the same since then ... Psy-Trance killed it off for me ...

Christ, Tír na gCasta! I had forgotten all about them. Are they still on the go I wonder? They used to throw free parties down I Cork years ago If memory serves me.

I didn't mind the banging Psy-Trance that much- apart from when I was trying to sleep in a tent beside it in Oscar Wilde bitd!!
    Tis all house music at the end of the day as they say

Granted the line-ups for the Rave in the Woods has a varied to tastes since the early days but it is fairly interesting this year (IMHO)

Now If only I had stamina, youth and a more robust tolerance to chemicals on my side to enjoy it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sunil Sharpe EP 2014.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

71f.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Sunil Sharpe EP 2014.

Was at that. Great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Hoop Dogg

Hey guys,

Going for my first time this year. This may be a stupid question, but are there any facilities for showering and if so are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Hoop Dogg wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Going for my first time this year. This may be a stupid question, but are there any facilities for showering and if so are they any good?

Yep, showers are in the Hendrix campsite. They're good, free & usually open til about 2pm i think.

I'd recommend a pair of flip-flops or Crocs or something.

Snarky Snark Snark

Hoop Dogg wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Showers are for the weak and women!

(Actually I have no idea, the posh camping areas have them, dunno bout general camping)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Yep, showers are in the Hendrix campsite. They're good, free & usually open til about 2pm i think.

I'd recommend a pair of flip-flops or Crocs or something.

Only problem usually is a big queue. Flip flops are a must, people could be walking anything in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

MJohnston wrote: »
    Only problem usually is a big queue. Flip flops are a must, people could be walking anything in.

Yeah if you get there after noon the queue can be quite long, it's usually quite fast moving i find though.

What are the queues like in pink moon does anyone know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MJohnston wrote: »

Yeah if you get there after noon the queue can be quite long, it's usually quite fast moving i find though.
    Men's queue fast. Women's slow. Drives my partner mad as she ends up taking twice as long as me to get cleaned up. Men should allow 30 mins for queue & shower, women 60.

Last year the showers opened at 8am and finished about 7pm. But watch out for the afternoon closure as they shut down for a couple of hours between 2 and 4. They're good, but the advice given here about flip-flops is spot-on.

Snarky Snark Snark

D.Q wrote: »

Pretty quick depending on time of day, first thing in the morning is grand before the morlocks are awakened by the afternoon sun heating up their drunken scaley carapaces.

Queues can get longer later in the morning but mid afternoon is grand actually.

And they always have someone there doing the cleanly thing, as above, flip flops are the dogs bollocks when the weather is nice, bit chilly though in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

D.Q wrote: »
    Any time i used them there was no queue last year, but it would depend on what time you're going at i suppose.

I think they run all the time.
    One of the lads got a shower late in the night, as he was soaked and cold from the downpours.
    It's an excellent set-up i have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I tend to prefer a shower in Pink Moon at night, as a) no queues [tend to be long when I emerge from the pit, late morning - not due to too much sauce, but usually I'm exhausted & chance to 'lie in'] & b) makes a nice prep for some good kip! 
    Ah, hard to bet a nice hot shower...!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

there were small queues around late morning last year but they moved quick enough. I found there weren't queues at all if you showered earlier in the morn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

dmm82 wrote: »
    What's the attention bebe?

sorry only saw this its a cover band that mostly do covers of dance songs from the 90s (Freed from desire/the launch/Samba Caliente) with a brass ensemble, a more enjoyable version of smash hits they usually play at 1am/2am on one of the nights in either trailor park or body and soul & have a huge crowd rocking. Better craic than the Rave imvho.

Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »
    sorry only saw this its a cover band that mostly do covers of dance songs from the 90s with a brass ensemble, a more enjoyable version of smash hits they usually play at 1am/2am on one of the nights in either trailor park or body and soul & have a huge crowd rocking. Better craic than the Rave imvho.

That sounds fantastic, how have I missed these before?

That sounds fantastic, how have I missed these before?

Have seen them a couple of times now, incredible craic. Make it your business to check them out if you're going this year.

Longitude prohibited entry with Large bags and backpacks at the weekend sparking a run on Millennials wearing Bum-Bags!!
    I do hope EP don’t follow suit this September in Stradbally- I’d be lost without a backpack full of tins & spirits in the main arena each day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Longitude prohibited entry with Large bags and backpacks at the weekend sparking a run on Millennials wearing Bum-Bags!!
    I do hope EP don’t follow suit this September in Stradbally- I’d be lost without a backpack full of tins & spirits in the main arena each day!

Be prepared for increased security, longer waits in queues (especially on entry to festival), no backpacks in arena, extra searches etc.

This is happening everywhere, be prepared to be turned away with backpacks. Be prepared to have your whole bag searched when going in.

Advertisement