Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Be prepared for increased security, longer waits in queues (especially on entry to festival), no backpacks in arena, extra searches etc.

This is happening everywhere, be prepared to be turned away with backpacks. Be prepared to have your whole bag searched when going in.

Winter is coming.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Be prepared for increased security, longer waits in queues (especially on entry to festival), no backpacks in arena, extra searches etc.

This is happening everywhere, be prepared to be turned away with backpacks. Be prepared to have your whole bag searched when going in.

I think it will only apply to day trippers on Sunday, camping festivals tend to be more relaxed, no hassle walking with back pack at Body&Soul this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I think it will only apply to day trippers on Sunday, camping festivals tend to be more relaxed, no hassle walking with back pack at Body&Soul this year.

I hope so, just saying be prepared so you are not disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

room_149 wrote: »
    I do hope EP don’t follow suit this September in Stradbally- I’d be lost without a backpack full of tins & spirits in the main arena each day!

How does one get passed security and into said arena with a backpack full of sauce each day??

I nearly have heart failure trying to get through with 1 can down my pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

As long as the ballbag remains untouched I'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Le Bruise wrote: »
    How does one get passed security and into said arena with a backpack full of sauce each day??

Wouldnt have a scooby tbh
    I've been getting crew/ performer passes for the last few years & haven't been using the general admission entrances during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Nice try security guy. I like the touch of saying how you "nearly have heart failure" to give the illusion that you are a human being.

btw, invention & improvisation is the answer.

Nice try security guy. I like the touch of saying how you "nearly have heart failure" to give the illusion that you are a human being.

btw, invention & improvisation is the answer.

I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids....

Mr.S wrote: »
    Although, i've always found the normal EP searches to be fairly lax, unless you look like a typical err 'trouble maker'.

This is true, I've never actually received a thorough pat down...it's just that I'm crap at hiding things and pretending they're not there.

Is the Pink Moon entrance even easier going by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

showpony1 wrote: »
    sorry only saw this its a cover band that mostly do covers of dance songs from the 90s (Freed from desire/the launch/Samba Caliente) with a brass ensemble, a more enjoyable version of smash hits they usually play at 1am/2am on one of the nights in either trailor park or body and soul & have a huge crowd rocking. Better craic than the Rave imvho.
    That sounds like my bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

This is true, I've never actually received a thorough pat down...it's just that I'm crap at hiding things and pretending they're not there.

Well, they'll let you through with a plastic pint glass,normally get a slight pat down and they look in any bags, but my crowd all managed to get a few (well concealed) cans in every time along with a full pint

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

room_149 wrote: »
    Wouldnt have a scooby tbh
    I've been getting crew/ performer passes for the last few years & haven't been using the general admission entrances during the day

My girlfriend always made a beeline for the male security when she would be sneaking stuff in cos they are reluctant to be too touchy feely
    with the females, at least that's what she told me......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

My girlfriend always made a beeline for the male security when she would be sneaking stuff in cos they are reluctant to be too touchy feely
    with the females, at least that's what she told me......

They usually have a female and male at most things but yeah if there is only male, they generally don't touch us ladies much. Equality eh? :D

Poorside wrote: »
    Well, they'll let you through with a plastic pint glass,normally get a slight pat down and they look in any bags, but my crowd all managed to get a few (well concealed) cans in every time along with a full pint

Getting through with a full pint is a nice addition to proceedings. A fully legit road beer!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Getting through with a full pint is a nice addition to proceedings. A fully legit road beer!:D

I'm confused. How is it legit?

I'm confused. How is it legit?

Apparently, they let you through the entrance to the main arena from the pink moon camping with a plastic pint of beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Apparently, they let you through the entrance to the main arena from the pink moon camping with a plastic pint of beer!

thats probably because they have an official bar in pink moon?

D.Q wrote: »

Ah that makes sense alright. It'll be my first time to Pink Moon and I'm really liking the sound of their set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

D.Q wrote: »

The security actually handed me a plastic cup to pour my own can into going through pink moon last year. Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Mr.S wrote: »
    Although, i've always found the normal EP searches to be fairly lax, unless you look like a typical err 'trouble maker'.

Something I asked a few pages back, but can you bring plastic pint glasses in/out of pink moon? Full pint glass obviously! Was thinking about getting a couple of those collapse pint glasses to bring with me.

• Advertisement

LowOdour wrote: »
    Something I asked a few pages back, but can you bring plastic pint glasses in/out of pink moon? Full pint glass obviously! Was thinking about getting a couple of those collapse pint glasses to bring with me.

If you can bring the plastic pint glasses they give you at the bar in and out, then I don't know if there'd be much benefit in bringing your own?

After you buy your first pint you could just keep refilling that cup from your own source back at the tent if you wanted (although it'd be a hell of a trek in and out of the arena for each pint)!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

LowOdour wrote: »

If you can bring the plastic pint glasses they give you at the bar in and out, then I don't know if there'd be much benefit in bringing your own?

After you buy your first pint you could just keep refilling that cup from your own source back at the tent if you wanted (although it'd be a hell of a trek in and out of the arena for each pint)!;)
    ha....mentioned that in my previous post too! if i was back at the tent that i could take a couple of drinks with me on the way out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

We must be nearing an announcement from Casa Bacardi at this stage. They have announced in early July for the past couple of years as far as I can remember. Always one of my favourite stages at the festival and has hosted some of my favourite DJs in the past few years, Greg Wilson, Dimitri from Paris, Horse Meat Disco, Maurice Fulton, Jackmaster, Joey Negro, The 2 Bears, Aeroplane, Todd Terje.. the list goes on! This year I am hoping for Late Nite Tuff Guy, Crazy P, Denis Sulta or Danny Wang. Then I'm sure we will get the regulars like Kellyann Byrne, Mother DJs, DJ Deece, Get Down Edits, Steve Manning, Billy Scurry. The weather today has me dreaming of a day time dance at Casa Bacardi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Davexirl

We must be nearing an announcement from Casa Bacardi at this stage. They have announced in early July for the past couple of years as far as I can remember. Always one of my favourite stages at the festival and has hosted some of my favourite DJs in the past few years, Greg Wilson, Dimitri from Paris, Horse Meat Disco, Maurice Fulton, Jackmaster, Joey Negro, The 2 Bears, Aeroplane, Todd Terje.. the list goes on! This year I am hoping for Late Nite Tuff Guy, Crazy P, Denis Sulta or Danny Wang. Then I'm sure we will get the regulars like Kellyann Byrne, Mother DJs, DJ Deece, Get Down Edits, Steve Manning, Billy Scurry. The weather today has me dreaming of a day time dance at Casa Bacardi!

Yes, the sun always shine down at Casa Bacardi. I am also waiting for the announcement. Is it the only stage left with no acts announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Davexirl wrote: »
    Yes, the sun always shine down at Casa Bacardi. I am also waiting for the announcement. Is it the only stage left with no acts announced?

Not the only one no, someone posted a few days ago with the list of announcements we can still expect. Body & Soul still have to make their announcement, Red Bull have their area too, do Salty Dog have a separate announcement for their acts? Plus we have one final announcement from the main arena to come as well.

Yeah the Bacardi Bar can be great in the afternoon and evening but can get messy later on, just one of the many dance crawl places when yer exploring the festival or escaping from the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Not the only one no, someone posted a few days ago with the list of announcements we can still expect. Body & Soul still have to make their announcement, Red Bull have their area too, do Salty Dog have a separate announcement for their acts? Plus we have one final announcement from the main arena to come as well.

I think Body & Soul had a stage over at Lattitude this weekend, possibly be an announcement in the next week or so when that's out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Late Nite Tuff Guy is definitely coming, I asked the Reflex on FB was he playing and he said he is free that weekend but has had no contact from EP, KA Byrne is always a defo, Greg Wilson just did longitude so I doubt we will get him, would love Dr Packer, Dimitri from Paris, Joey Negro, Aeroplane, Todd Terje, Fingerman

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Really isn't - negligible checks before Aphex Twin @ Forbidden Fruit, Arcade Fire & the Sunday of Body&Soul, quick peak in womens bags tops.

I for one would be delighted on a backpacks ban at gigs - really irritate me for some reason.

• Advertisement

I think Body & Soul had a stage over at Lattitude this weekend, possibly be an announcement in the next week or so when that's out of the way.

Yeah they had an area called Solas I think, nothing to do with the rechristened FAS I'd imagine but I think its like the Body&Soul Village area, a bunch of stages in the woods.

Advertisement