Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

RastaRed wrote: »
    Late Nite Tuff Guy is definitely coming, I asked the Reflex on FB was he playing and he said he is free that weekend but has had no contact from EP, KA Byrne is always a defo, Greg Wilson just did longitude so I doubt we will get him, would love Dr Packer, Dimitri from Paris, Joey Negro, Aeroplane, Todd Terje, Fingerman

Is LNTG playing EP? He's great live. Seems a really nice guy also.

The Black Madonna is playing District 8 end of August. She's been in the UK/France since April. EP should get her before she goes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

do Salty Dog have a separate announcement for their acts?

Salty Dog announced some of their acts a few months ago. If I could figure out how to see my old posts on this thread I'd repost it....

Edit: Found them... Created By Comets, The Trinity Belles, The Skatueques, Papa Rua, DD Allen, Cornerboy and Nix Moon are the bands chosen from the Salty Dog trials

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

We must be nearing an announcement from Casa Bacardi at this stage. They have announced in early July for the past couple of years as far as I can remember. Always one of my favourite stages at the festival and has hosted some of my favourite DJs in the past few years, Greg Wilson, Dimitri from Paris, Horse Meat Disco, Maurice Fulton, Jackmaster, Joey Negro, The 2 Bears, Aeroplane, Todd Terje.. the list goes on! This year I am hoping for Late Nite Tuff Guy, Crazy P, Denis Sulta or Danny Wang. Then I'm sure we will get the regulars like Kellyann Byrne, Mother DJs, DJ Deece, Get Down Edits, Steve Manning, Billy Scurry. The weather today has me dreaming of a day time dance at Casa Bacardi!

Don't get your hopes up. I've heard some of the acts that are on the line-up and it's lazy and unimaginative.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Salty Dog announced some of their acts a few months ago. If I could figure out how to see my old posts on this thread I'd repost it....

Edit: Found them... Created By Comets, The Trinity Belles, The Skatueques, Papa Rua, DD Allen, Cornerboy and Nix Moon are the bands chosen from the Salty Dog trials
    Where did you find this? These bands aren't listed on the main site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Where did you find this? These bands aren't listed on the main site.

They have trials in Boyles pub in Slane every year for the Salty Dog stage. These are the 7 bands who were picked. You'll probably find it confirmed on the Boyles Facebook page from March or April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Not the only one no, someone posted a few days ago with the list of announcements we can still expect. Body & Soul still have to make their announcement, Red Bull have their area too, do Salty Dog have a separate announcement for their acts? Plus we have one final announcement from the main arena to come as well.

Sigur Ros are playing in the UK for the second half of September.

I wonder can we expect something.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

They are incredible live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I wouldn't expect it, sadly.

Current tour has been curated for indoor venues. It's the band with an orchestra and no support. Doing their show in two halves with an intermission.

The lack of an Irish gig and the timing means we can't rule it out, for sure. But the current show is not at all suitable for a festival and I don't see them changing it just for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

showpony1 wrote: »
    sorry only saw this its a cover band that mostly do covers of dance songs from the 90s (Freed from desire/the launch/Samba Caliente) with a brass ensemble, a more enjoyable version of smash hits they usually play at 1am/2am on one of the nights in either trailor park or body and soul & have a huge crowd rocking. Better craic than the Rave imvho.

Are they defo going to be there? I can't find them in the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Are they defo going to be there? I can't find them in the lineup
    don't think Trailer Park, Salty Dog, Jerry Fish, B&S areas and a few others have announced their lineups yet, they're probably playing one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Don't get your hopes up. I've heard some of the acts that are on the line-up and it's lazy and unimaginative.

Probably going to be the usual Krafty Kutz, A Skills & Ejeca. That would be utterly disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Probably going to be the usual Krafty Kutz, A Skills & Ejeca. That would be utterly disappointing.

I'm still holding out for joe Goddard

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Rfrip wrote: »

I'm still holding out for joe Goddard
    Solomun would be a nice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

20106331_10155583117229168_2352541257772703982_n.jpg?oh=f36903b00d482cd980db9d69ea84b117&oe=5A015DA2

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

had to check the EP facebook page as couldn't tell if that was new, or the lineup from one of the last few years.
    Ferris Bueller and Blackie_IRL had it right above, how utterly predictable.

had to check the EP facebook page as couldn't tell if that was new, or the lineup from one of the last few years.
    Ferris Bueller and Blackie_IRL had it right above, how utterly predictable.

Bacardi have a very particular sound they want to fit the brand and they tend to go with the same "safe" acts year on year however there are a couple of decent DJ's in there, Purple Disco Machine will be worth a check in, as will Krystal Klear and Mylo. I think the years of them booking "big" acts are in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Predictable alright as I'd say all of them have played EP or Ireland recently, but still some good DJs there. Jackmaster is one of the best DJs around and LNTG and Krystal Klear definitely worth checking out. Overall a solid plan B if nothing else is on.

But what is the fecking story with Krafty Kuts & A Skills every year?! They are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

They have spelt joe Goddard wrong....

jesus I played that mylo album non stop back in the day!

Have high hopes for the Body and Soul lineup this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

What have you heard?

De Ja Vu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Hoping that Jamie XX plays a "secret" set here after The XX on main stage. Would be EPIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Is De Ja Vu an act or a sensation?!
    I presume there'll be the usual Donal Dineen & RSAG & such like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Coming from someone that thinks the picnic would be better with Calvin Harris or Major Lazer, I am rating your comment as "mildly encouraging".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Coming from someone that thinks the picnic would be better with Calvin Harris or Major Lazer, I am rating your comment as "mildly encouraging".

VVSMbre.jpg

and you thought the original announcement was amazing, i'm sure most fully support your opinions....

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

and you thought the original announcement was amazing, i'm sure most fully support your opinions....

Most of the people on here have decent taste in music.... so ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Lzmunky wrote: »

Could someone start a poll asking the question - "Do you have a good taste in music?". I'll be the first to select "No".

• Advertisement

Lzmunky wrote: »

ah yeah your taste is more decent than mine so if it's the likes of Duran Duran.

before this goes further, i was simply copying and pasting the same comment a poster made about the Casa Bacardi stage before that announcement when someone asked about the Body & Soul for a laugh which i assumed most would have saw (or did see and went back through my old posts to attack me for some reason).

Advertisement