Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

showpony1 wrote: »
    ah yeah your taste is more decent than mine so if it's the likes of Duran Duran.

before this goes further, i was simply copying and pasting the same comment a poster made about the Casa Bacardi stage before that announcement when someone asked about the Body & Soul for a laugh which i assumed most would have saw (or did see and went back through my old posts to attack me for some reason).

The only problem you've run into here is they were spot on about the Bacardi lineup.

Mind you, that place has been rubbish no matter the lineup since they increased the size. The old, small B-Bar was so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

showpony1 wrote: »
    ah yeah your taste is more decent than mine so if it's the likes of Duran Duran.

before this goes further, i was simply copying and pasting the same comment a poster made about the Casa Bacardi stage before that announcement when someone asked about the Body & Soul for a laugh which i assumed most would have saw (or did see and went back through my old posts to attack me for some reason).

Ah come on, that wasn't attacking you. I didn't need to go back through your comment history, I remember.

But yeah, I did understand that it was a copy pasta comment, I just felt it was "lazy and unimaginative" and deserved a little ribbing.

Don't be so sensitive, my little pony ... we are all friends here :)

PS: Calvin Harris sucks goats while on holidays. Sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Homestore and More have camping gear on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

maximoose wrote: »

Picked up a load of deadly gear in here the other day, well worth a visit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Iggy Pop playing Lowlands and theres rumours he might get added to Pukkelpop, wouldn't mind seeing him return to EP after all its ten years since the last time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I see Hazel Woood got a big reaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I see Hazel Woood got a big reaction

Meh, it's a peripheral thing that most of us won't even see.

I'd be very interested to know what Humans of the Sesh are doing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Yeah me too, I checked their FB page and they are doing their first festival this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Might want to avoid the tents though. I doubt they'll keep you dry if some drunk chick cries remotely near them let alone rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah they don't give any hydrostatic head rating on any of the tents, I accept no liability :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Yeah they don't give any hydrostatic head rating on any of the tents, I accept no liability :pac:.

the Lidl ones do in fairness though

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Iggy Pop playing Lowlands and theres rumours he might get added to Pukkelpop, wouldn't mind seeing him return to EP after all its ten years since the last time.

This would make the whole festival for misé should it happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Lads can anybody tell me what is the story with bringing a campervan? 4 of us have tickets standard camping first time at the picnic for me,can we just pay an extra fixed charge on top of that or are tickets separate again. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Lads can anybody tell me what is the story with bringing a campervan? 4 of us have tickets standard camping first time at the picnic for me,can we just pay an extra fixed charge on top of that or are tickets separate again. Thanks

You'll need a separate Campervan ticket to get access to the campervan area, they usually sell out within minutes.

Keep an eye on here, some usually pop up closer to festival time:

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26174&start=225

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

You'll need a separate Campervan ticket to get access to the campervan area, they usually sell out within minutes.

Keep an eye on here, some usually pop up closer to festival time:

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26174&start=225

Cheers thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I always wanted to see Jack L live but never got around to it , so I was happy enough with him being announced today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I always wanted to see Jack L live but never got around to it , so I was happy enough with him being announced today

Seen him live a few times, indoors. In fairness, he has an incredible set of pipes on him. Not sure how it will work at 3 in the morning, but sure we'll give it a lash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Seen him live a few times, indoors. In fairness, he has an incredible set of pipes on him. Not sure how it will work at 3 in the morning, but sure we'll give it a lash

Yeah that's the problem alright. A nice evening slot would be lovely preferably Sunday
    Voice is unreal and very underrated in Ireland which is a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

They did a set in Hangar last month, it looked to be decent enough from the video I saw.

They'll get some big crowd if the amount of followers on social media is anything to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The KLF are reforming and have a gig in Liverpool in Late August, they would make a nice choice for EP, if EP can get their talons out to grab them.

http://www.factmag.com/2017/07/21/the-klf-confirm-return-new-live-event/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I have no doubt it will involve a big bag of cans and maybe some lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

The KLF are reforming and have a gig in Liverpool in Late August, they would make a nice choice for EP, if EP can get their talons out to grab them.

http://www.factmag.com/2017/07/21/the-klf-confirm-return-new-live-event/

seems they won't be performing any of their music, even if they were I'd be very surprised if EP managed to get them on the bill.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/the-klf-live-return-liverpool-show-the-justified-ancients-of-mu-mu-2113619

It'd be unreal if it happened though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

What time is love oooooooohhhhhhhhhh. Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

Class. Love the white room I does

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

May have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but has there been indication or research on which main acts will be playing on the Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

honru wrote: »
    May have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but has there been indication or research on which main acts will be playing on the Sunday?

Duran Duran will headline the Sunday as of their website, Elbow play Sunday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Duran Duran will headline the Sunday as of their website, Elbow play Sunday too.

The headliners were announced with their respective day breakdown, so we know XX = Friday, ATCQ = Saturday, Duran = Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Based on the EOTR and Electric Fields day splits Car Seat Headrest are on Sunday too, surely EP will announce theirs soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Don't bet on it. Often just days to a week or so beforehand, as far as I remember. Car Seat Headrest sound good, actually. Checked them out when the first announcement came through & sound tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Body and soul acts havnt been announced yet have they?

Advertisement