Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

is this a joke? demand is huge this year judging by the toutless thread.

i was confident earlier in the year of getting a ticket for face-value handy the week of the event, but not so sure now

Fear not, you will get one for face or close to face. Any 50,000 event will always have a reasonable amount of last minute 'cant go' victims. The real question is can you get one for early bird face value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

is this a joke? demand is huge this year judging by the toutless thread.

i was confident earlier in the year of getting a ticket for face-value handy the week of the event, but not so sure now

Sorry, that post was about Beatyard, not EP

Mr.S wrote: »
    This.

Always easy to pick up cost price EP tickets the week of the event.

I'm fairly sure this is my third year in a row posting this. We even had quite a heated debate on this in last years thread, with some poster suggesting that it would be sensible to pay 50 quid over the odds a month out because they would only get more expensive closer to the date. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'm fairly sure this is my third year in a row posting this. We even had quite a heated debate on this in last years thread, with some poster suggesting that it would be sensible to pay 50 quid over the odds a month out because they would only get more expensive closer to the date. :D

Unless Elvis and Michael Jackson are duetting with Abraham Lincon on guitar and Bowie on the saxaphone, then the tickets are not going to get more expensive in the run up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Finally got word from the people at EP, filled in my application form and there will be a proper decision by the end of the week so fingers crossed. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Unless Elvis and Michael Jackson are duetting with Abraham Lincon on guitar and Bowie on the saxaphone, then the tickets are not going to get more expensive in the run up.

Oh you say that now, but wait until Thom gets announced for the super secret gig

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mogwai and Bloc Party playing at Festival No 6, could they be possible later additions to EP, there is also still a chance of Iggy being added. Some sizeable names cropped up in that last main announcement last year. I'll put as my ultimate wish list to be Aphex Twin returning to Ireland to bookend the summer, having started with Forbidden Fruit and closing with EP. He has been known to play the same country or nation twice in one year, 2008 T in the park then Glade festival and Bestival. But he's one of these guys that tends to get announced very early on, so probably not.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I think the general consensus is there is one more announcement?

If that's the case, when might it be?? Hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

For the last 5 years or so I've picked up at least 2 tickets each year for face value or less in the last few weeks before the fest - there are always plenty available as people drop out and supply starts to outweigh demand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

everlast75 wrote: »
    I think the general consensus is there is one more announcement?

If that's the case, when might it be?? Hmmmmm

Last announcement last year was during the 3rd week of August. Bell X1, Skepta, James Bay, ABC & Lightening Seeds were in the announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

If Iggy and Bloc Party are added I think I'll explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I'm hoping the body & soul announcement is this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Wouldn't be expecting Bloc Party or Iggy from the last announcement.

Here are the main acts from past 3 years for comparison:

Skepta, James Bay, Walking on Cars, Bell X1, Adam Beyer, Gorgon City, ABC, Lightning Seeds, Lindsey Sterling, Oh Wonder, Mothers, Picture This, Hermitage Green, Ryan Sheridan, Rejjie Snow, Wyvern Lingo, Brian Deady, New Jackson, King Kong Company, Rusangano Family, Daithi, Otherkin, Pleasure Beach, Talos

The Boomtown Rats, Villagers, Parquet Corts, The Staves, MS MR, Shamir, Mano Le Tough, Le Galaxie, Son Lux, Jape, Girlpool, Little Hours, The Lost Brothers, Here We Go Magic, Thomston, Declan McKenna, Tom Misch, Bry, Legend, Yurodny, Dublin Gospel Choir

James Vincent McMorrow, SBTRKT, Bombay Bicycle Club, The 1975, Hozier, Wild Beasts, Hercules & Love Affair, Cathy Davey, Asgeir, Nick Mulvey, Sampha, Rustie, Seinabo Sey, The Strypes, Walking on Cars, Le Galaxie, **** Robot, Bp Falcon, Nightbox, Sheppard, The Whereabouts, Trinity Orchestra, Dublin Gospel Choir

So, you're saying there's hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

looks like there is a new stage this year with lots of up and coming acts on the bill. I'm guessing this is replacing the oxjam tent
    http://nialler9.com/play-the-picnic-stage-lineup-announced-for-electric-picnic/

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Poorside wrote: »
    If Iggy and Bloc Party are added I think I'll explode.
    ...at the same time as a squadron of flying pigs go by...
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

I'm hoping the body & soul announcement is this week.

Going by last year, it'll be this Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

neddynono wrote: »
    looks like there is a new stage this year with lots of up and coming acts on the bill. I'm guessing this is replacing the oxjam tent
    http://nialler9.com/play-the-picnic-stage-lineup-announced-for-electric-picnic/

Seems to be in addition to the Oxjam stage from what I can see, the text votes are still open for that til the end of the week

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love to see a really good Comedy Line Up this year especially when you look at Reading/Leeds having the likes of Bill Bailey.

Bloc Party would be a deadly addition but not getting my hopes up at all

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

I'm not expecting too much from the final announcement but based on acts who are about that weekend I hope one or two from Frightened Rabbit, Kate Tempest, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Fionn Regan, Lankum and Christy Moore get added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Not long to go now.. can't wait. Not expecting much more in the way of major announcements but am more than happy with what's there already. There'll be the usual Irish act announcements, expect All Tvvins, Chasing Abbey, maybe Kodaline or Walking on Cars (unlikely) and bands of that age...

Here's hoping for a savage weekend weather wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Not long to go now.. can't wait. Not expecting much more in the way of major announcements but am more than happy with what's there already. There'll be the usual Irish act announcements, expect All Tvvins, Chasing Abbey, maybe Kodaline or Walking on Cars (unlikely) and bands of that age...

Hopefully no Kodaline or Walking on Cars.

All Tvvins I would be up for

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Hopefully no Kodaline or Walking on Cars.

All Tvvins I would be up for

Overhead, The Albatross would be nice too but at a more sensible time

Chasing Abbey are in the new Oxjam thingie.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

https://lovindublin.com/dublin/there-will-be-an-insane-full-moon-party-at-electric-picnic-this-year

Not sure what to make of this. Like the idea of spice bags but the rest not so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Full Moon cocktails delivered to you by waiters
    Neon body painting
    The sights and sounds of the ocean, electronically emitted
    DJ Vogue Williams spinning the decks

yep, that sounds representative of EP these days alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

dmm82 wrote: »
    https://lovindublin.com/dublin/there-will-be-an-insane-full-moon-party-at-electric-picnic-this-year

Not sure what to make of this. Like the idea of spice bags but the rest not so much!

"DJ Vogue Williams spinning the decks "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

dmm82 wrote: »

"DJ Vogue Williams spinning the decks."

I feel like I don't need to make any additional comment there.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

"DJ Vogue Williams spinning the decks."

I feel like I don't need to make any additional comment there.

That is horrific. I wont be anywhere near that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I know. It has the potential to be a good addition but id say it'll be horrendous :(

Advertisement