Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Body and Soul:
    EP-release-BodySoul.jpg?w=1200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Wooo Hooo
    Public Service Broadcasting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Le BOOM were pretty sweet, seen them New Years last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭roll

PSB and Aldous Harding are quality additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

kg703 wrote: »
    Le BOOM were pretty sweet, seen them New Years last year!

Love Le Boom, saw them at Body and Soul this year, they blew the forest apart.

I've updated the playlist. If anythings missing PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Poorside wrote: »
    Will entertain the riff raff at least...

Sounds like a cr@p reconstruction of the Zoo Project in Ibiza, in itself the worst venue on the island.

Congrats Just Eat :mad:

Really happy about Public Service Broadcasting at B&S tho

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

PM me directly, there is possibly a few unfilled volunteer roles available, unlikely to be preshow, but reasonable hours and enjoyable roles.

Hi Melekalikimaka my coordinator got in touch, just have to get it confirmed before end of the week. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

The usual bitching and moaning on the EP Facebook page about the Body & Soul announcement. Like grand, you haven't heard of the bands, would be so bad to discover someone new?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The usual bitching and moaning on the EP Facebook page about the Body & Soul announcement. Like grand, you haven't heard of the bands, would be so bad to discover someone new?

I've never heard Vogue Williams play before - hope she's on the Spotify playlist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Day paid there hard urned ca$h hun, dare intitled to here musik day no. No?

• Advertisement

Tbh these are the kinds of people I'm glad EP is putting off from coming. Minimum requirements for entry should be an openness for discovering new music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Day paid there hard urned ca$h hun, dare intitled to here musik day no. No?

no wunder no1 is goin. its gon 2 da dogs.

---

That hurts to type...

Some cracking additions for B&S. Loooove New Jackson. PBS a solid booking too. Best B&S line up for a few years for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Have only heard of three on that list and actually cannot wait to go through them all for new finds. Jesus I wish people would open their minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

BNQT too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Its loads of fun to read though :pac:
    everlast75 wrote: »
    I've never heard Vogue Williams play before - hope she's on the Spotify playlist!

I cant find her on spotify !:(

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

roll wrote: »
    PSB and Aldous Harding are quality additions.

Lowly are very good too, I'm pretty chuffed with the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Not bad looking forward PSB interesting to see how their show will be staged. Their music is typically synced to big screens. They will get a massive crowd so will need to be the early

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

dmm82 wrote: »
    BNQT too :)

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Where?

Barq are on the poster. No sign of bnqt

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Where?

Yea was thinking they were'nt on the line up since they announced a Vicar St gig for later in the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Peter File wrote: »
    Barq are on the poster. No sign of bnqt

Aaargh dammit. Had a quick glance at the poster and thought I saw them. Oops. Glad i found out now and not at EP though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MJohnston wrote: »
    Tbh these are the kinds of people I'm glad EP is putting off from coming. Minimum requirements for entry should be an openness for discovering new music.
    this would be good if they were put off from coming, but they won't be.
    EP is the piss-up-in-a-field festival now, so they'll sit at the tents getting locked and throwing rubbish everywhere for the day, then go to a couple of acts during evening (probably generic DJs) and hang around the Bacardi Bar/JustEat/CocktailCocktail/whatever additional ****ty stalls are there this year, and then do it all again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Mostly agree - the great thing about festivals is trying to find some new stuff you didnt know before and now love - having said that per the B&S list I think I only recognised about 4 or 5 on the list and even then I might only know 1 song by them - yet another sign I'm getting auld - sigh :'(
    I look forward to checking the list out in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Mostly agree - the great thing about festivals is trying to find some new stuff you didnt know before and now love - having said that per the B&S list I think I only recognised about 4 or 5 on the list and even then I might only know 1 song by them - yet another sign I'm getting auld - sigh :'(

Only thing worse than getting auld is the alternative

this would be good if they were put off from coming, but they won't be.
    EP is the piss-up-in-a-field festival now, so they'll sit at the tents getting locked and throwing rubbish everywhere for the day, then go to a couple of acts during evening (probably generic DJs) and hang around the Bacardi Bar/JustEat/CocktailCocktail/whatever additional ****ty stalls are there this year, and then do it all again next year.

Yeah, I keep hoping they'll move Longitude out to Punchestown at some point and allow camping...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Only thing worse than getting auld is the alternative

Getting Rigor Mortis?

Mostly agree - the great thing about festivals is trying to find some new stuff you didnt know before and now love - having said that per the B&S list I think I only recognised about 4 or 5 on the list and even then I might only know 1 song by them - yet another sign I'm getting auld - sigh :'(

You could probably check out one of the playlists for the Body and Soul festival itself, as a great number of the Irish artists that were playing that are also on this lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MJohnston wrote: »
    Yeah, I keep hoping they'll move Longitude out to Punchestown at some point and allow camping...

That would be funny Longitude would become Oxegen whilst Latitude would become the July English EP/Body&Soul festival, such a gap of difference between to two line ups.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Some decent names on the announcement, looking forward to going through the ones i don't recognize to find this year's DBFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Some decent names on the announcement, looking forward to going through the ones i don't recognize to find this year's DBFC.

Klark Cant perhaps

Advertisement