Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

gandalfio wrote: »
    Klark Cant perhaps

Crystal Swingers on the Playlist sounds pretty good alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Klark Cant perhaps

A+++ post. would read again.

Good call ... sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The B & S headliners are still to be announced. I'd be really surprised if we havent got our headliners from EA, Cosby and LBT, certainly last years headliners from these were all in the early announcements. EA headliners are likely to be Interpol level.

The Sunday EA headliner wasn't announced until the last announcement in the third weekend of August last year, Skepta, so there will be probably still some tent headliners to come, hopefully not Stormzy. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The Sunday EA headliner wasn't announced until the last announcement in the third weekend of August last year, Skepta, so there will be probably still some tent headliners to come, hopefully not Stormzy. :)

Don't you mean Lukaku?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

roll wrote: »
    PSB and Aldous Harding are quality additions.

was hoping for Aldous Snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Any guesses on who those acts will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Fair enough. i kind of think that the post midnight acts on Sat and Sun are the after-headliners on those stages. But maybe there is one or two more mid level act to come.

I'm very satisfied with what's in the bag. Throw in a few more kitsch acts in Jerry Fish and and Other Voices gig or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Attention Bebe are there anyway in the body & soul a few were asking about. they played trailor park last year on sat at 2am.

The last time i saw them at Body & Soul they had the mother Djs slot on the Sunday on the Earth Ship stage at 1am. Either are a good way to finish the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

PSB are on Saturday according to their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

everlast75 wrote: »
    Don't you mean Lukaku?

Huh? https://thelastmixedtape.com/2016/08/29/electric-picnic-2016-stage-times/

Edit: Aaah I get it he is a footballer too. ;)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

One of the papers recently posted an article of Lukaku moving to Man Utd but used as photo of Stormzy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Synergism

As long as Interpol headline the EA on the Saturday I don't really care what happens the other two days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Elaine Mai's track Enniscrone is very nice. She sang the vocals on Le Galaxie's Love System too. Some really good stuff in that Body & Soul lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nice announcement from Body & Soul, usually don't recognise many of the names on their lineups so happy that PSB are playing! New Jackson, Ships, Le Boom, Phare, Mother DJs should all be very good too. Looking forward to scanning through the rest of the acts now, Klark Cant sounds like a decent recommendation! Is the bandstand any good as a stage? I went there for the Prince Tribute set last year and it was terrible, felt like I could barely hear the music, but maybe this was due to the crap weather.

Three of my highlights from last years festival are nowhere to be seen on the Body & Soul line up yet; Plutonic Dust, Cinema & Le Freak. Hopefully they pop up elsewhere at the festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Synode wrote: »
    Elaine Mai's track Enniscrone is very nice. She sang the vocals on Le Galaxie's Love System too. Some really good stuff in that Body & Soul lineup
    Oh, Elaine Mai. You have reminded me of her! Heard her interviewed on radio recently (RTE 1, I think - maybe on 'Arena') & she was very good. Looking forward to her. Agree, probably some good stuff here.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Nice announcement from Body & Soul, usually don't recognise many of the names on their lineups so happy that PSB are playing! New Jackson, Ships, Le Boom, Phare, Mother DJs should all be very good too. Looking forward to scanning through the rest of the acts now, Klark Cant sounds like a decent recommendation! Is the bandstand any good as a stage? I went there for the Prince Tribute set last year and it was terrible, felt like I could barely hear the music, but maybe this was due to the crap weather.

Three of my highlights from last years festival are nowhere to be seen on the Body & Soul line up yet; Plutonic Dust, Cinema & Le Freak. Hopefully they pop up elsewhere at the festival!

Pretty sure at the Bandstand last year I stumbled across and act called El Grey. Mesmerising she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Peesh89

Think Le Freak will be gracing us with their presence at some point according to a friend :)

Pretty sure at the Bandstand last year I stumbled across and act called El Grey. Mesmerising she was.

Yeah they played Body & Soul in Ballinlough last year too, great vocalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Klark Cant perhaps

Thank you!! Just listened to a few tracks there.. right up my street

Keep up the good work peeps !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

As expected LCD tickets like gold dust, 3 nights gone in 30s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic/videos/10155619926619168/
    Three Ireland customers can get access to the last remaining Electric Picnic 2017 tickets exclusively with 3Plus on 3rd August! Register now: http://po.st/TTIXEP2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

As expected LCD tickets like gold dust, 3 nights gone in 30s

Thats to be expected in the Olympia. I think it only holds about 1,500.

Thats to be expected in the Olympia. I think it only holds about 1,500.

Capacity of Olympia is just 1240
    Vicar street is 2550 ... could have filled that 3 times as well i would imagine.

I got 1 standing ticket for the Friday night so pretty happy, even though none of my mates got any tickets. LCD Soundsystem are my absolute favourite live act ever, so I have no issues going on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Capacity of Olympia is just 1240
    Vicar street is 2550 ... could have filled that 3 times as well i would imagine.

I got 1 standing ticket for the Friday night so pretty happy, even though none of my mates got any tickets. LCD Soundsystem are my absolute favourite live act ever, so I have no issues going on my own.

It's 1621 in the Olympia for partially standing and only 1500 in vicar street.

It's 1621 in the Olympia for partially standing and only 1500 in vicar street.

I stand corrected on the Olympia, it is 1621.

http://www.vicarstreet.ie/about-us.html:
    "Vicar St has a seated capacity of 1050 and a standing capacity of 1500..."

Its not clear what the combined capacity is, i.e. standing downstairs and seating upstairs... but I would have thought it is more than Olympia, it certainly feels like a bigger crowd when full.

Anyway it doesn't matter ... They still wouldn't fill 3 Arena which is 13,000 capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Does anyone remember a list of campsite essentials that was on the thread lat year? It was a pretty comprehensive list of what to bring to a festival you are camping at.

If someone could post again that would be great!

Does anyone remember a list of campsite essentials that was on the thread lat year? It was a pretty comprehensive list of what to bring to a festival you are camping at.

Think Pie Minister were gone last year.

My full checklist, slightly updated

1 - Ticket, the most important thing
    2 - Tent + Sleeping bag (unless you're posh camping it, in which case just sleeping bag)
    3 - Self inflating mat for sleeping bag (keeps you off the ground which can be really cold at night)
    4 - Walking boots (you're going to be on your feet for 3 days solid, racking up a lot of milage, comfy, protected feets are best feets)
    ***NOTE OF CAUTION : Do not buy boots and break them in at the festival, you'll **** your feet up.***
    5 - Camping chair, see #4, when you stop, you will want to rest your arse, do it in luxury
    6 - Rain gear (you want to have it but not use it)
    7 - Hat, I bring two, one for the sun and one for at night (no hair = v.cold head)
    8 - Spare clothes (kept in car for emergencies), clean fresh socks every day people, even if you don't change anything else!
    9 - Fleece type garment for the nights (again, it gets cold down there)
    10 - Plastic bags for wet gear, should the nasty happen, you will need these, also good for tent bin.
    11 - torch (I take two, a small v.powerful hand held and a head lamp type, might be overkill but it is handy)
    12 - Spare batteries for torches, I fit fresh ones in before the weekend and keep spares in the car
    13 - Towel (for when hitching a lift from the Vogons), I bring two with me, both large microfiber towels which fold down to nothin, one stays in car though with spare clothes
    14 - Beer/Spirits (note, for spirits I just want a few whiskeys late at night so I decant my poison of choice into a metal water flask before leaving house, you don't want to be arsed with carting glass bottles down there and then having to decant. Do it at home and breeze through security).
    15 - Cold bag for #14
    16 - Tent food, usually just pack a box of breakfast type bars, there are so many different food offerings in the main arena that you are not gonna go hungry
    17 - Portable phone charger (aim for a minimum of 10,000mAh or higher (15,000mAh if there's more than one of you hanging off it)) and don't forget your micro usb/lightning cables
    18 - Water, if you are moving all day and drinking then you need lots of water, usually pick up a 6 pack of 1.5lt bottles, 3 in car, 3 in tent (water is heavy so no point killing self carrying an extra 9kg in on top of the rest)
    19 - ear plugs for sleeping at night (boots have lots of silicon/waxy types)
    20 - gig/music ear plugs for those of us who don't want to go deaf
    21 - Lighter, even if you don't smoke, it's very handy to have
    22 - Cash, there are ATMs on site, do no rely on them to be full or not mobbed by the rampaging hordes of the walking dead trying to get cash out to get a cocktail
    23 - Small packets of wetwipes and or bottles of hand sanitiser to have on you all day
    24 - Packet of large wet wipes for quickie freshing up in the tent
    25 - chapstick / sun protection spray / aftersun (keeping hopes up) skin moisturiser (you might be roughing it a little but you don't need to be roughed up)
    26 - bog roll x 2 (one in tent, one in car)
    27 - toilet wipes (I am v.large male in mid 40s but they make my festival botty uber smooth and clean)
    28 - "Box of balloons
    With the feather-light touch
    Pack of party-poppers
    That pop in the night" *
    29 - toiletries (roll on smellies only, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste)
    30 - Pain killers of choice, a packet of rennie/antacid type thing and just in case a packet of immodium or cheaper generic ****stopper
    31 - first aid kit (you should have one in your car anyway but if not then get one)
    32 - vitamin pills/ berocca type thingy for in the morning
    33 - dioralyte for with your water before bedtime
    34 - sunglasses (gots to be funky)
    35 - small bag for during day (do not use a backpack in crowds, that's a paddlin)
    36 - neck gaiter/warmer can be handy in the evening if it's cold
    37 - camping pillow
    38 - small pair of field glasses are right handy
    39 - flipflops for shower time (best not to wear into the bogs though or to walk around the main bog areas in them cos squealchy)
    40 - Pair of runners to be left in car, nothing beats that aaaaaaah feeling as you slide your wear feets into comfy happiness on a monday morning before you get nicked for drunk driving which leads us to
    41 - Alcohol breathalyser test kit for in the car, you get them in halfords, don't be a dick and ruin your or someone elses life on a monday morning
    42 - Ziplock bags, they keep "small things" stuff fresh and dry and odd smells in.

And just to add a list of what not to bring -

1 - CANDLES - be cool, don't be crispy
    2 - FLARES - be cool, don't be shot to death with balls of your own sh1te for being "that" tosser
    3 - GUITAR - any attempts at wonderwall will result in you being shot to death with balls of your own sh1te
    4 - SENSE OF SHAME - it's not needed for the weekend
    5 - CAMERA - live the bloody moment, don't try to be Senor Speilbergo capturing it

* #28 is actually appropriate this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Tickets
    Money
    Beer

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Poorside wrote: »
    Tickets
    Money
    Beer

Done.

(Leave your shame and self respect at home)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

everlast75 wrote: »
    (Leave your shame and self respect at home)

Had to cart them home in a wheelbarrow last year, did even use them once.

Advertisement