Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Was at Talos Album Launch in Cork, back in April - "Live at St. Lukes" - absolutely brilliant gig - music was inspiring - that's going high up on my list now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

This is why festivals like this rock. Never heard of Pillow Queens or Bitch Falcon before. Both are excellent. At this stage there are a lot of great bands i wont get to over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

PSB / Aldous Harding / Ships / New Jackson / Talos all getting added in the last week has been great.

We've another main announcement in approx 2 weeks too.

This date next month, the gates will be open to the early entrants, who will hopefully be setting up their tents in beautiful weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Bitch Falcon played two or three years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

32 Sleeps!!!!!

Get yer booties broken in, time to start looking at beer prices / airing out the tent / checking the inflatable mat works etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

First timer here!, what time should people aim to get there at on Friday? i think campsite opens at 9am, would you need to be there in the morning for a good tent spot? whats the best campsite to aim for that's the less craziest (if possible!) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Gal44 wrote: »
    First timer here!, what time should people aim to get there at on Friday?

earlier the better but tbh, there's no need to kill yerself to get there too early, afternoon is grand, the traffic/parking is usually more of an issue than getting a good spot and the checkin desks tend to move at a brisk enough pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yep, lots of good stuff on both the Body and Soul and Other Voices rosters. I must say, and this from a guy who knows nothing about hip hop, there seems to be a shed load of young talent in Ireland at the moment. Hare Squead blew the little big tent (I think) away last year and Soule, Jafaris, Super Silly and Regii Snow all look brilliant on the bill this time round.

So, left to come are

Main Stages Final Announcement
    Comedy
    Salty Dog
    Other Voices Final Announcement
    Gerry Fish
    Electric Ireland
    Heineken whatever your having yourself DJs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Red Bull area in the main arena also. Shaping up nicely so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

I asked about announcement on Jerry Fish FB page a few days back and they replied " Announcing line up Aug. 10th"..
    Always has a few good acts added...

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Agree that Jerry Fish always good for stuff. Have seen a few good acts in recent years, including Frank & Walters, Brian Deady & CrowBlackChicken. Any or all of these would be nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Loving bantum.

Literally not going to have a minute all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Sweat mentioned in the Body and Soul announcement but no sign of them on the line-up page.

mgkelly wrote: »
    Agree that Jerry Fish always good for stuff. Have seen a few good acts in recent years, including Frank & Walters, Brian Deady & CrowBlackChicken. Any or all of these would be nice!!

Throw in Sultans two years back and Engine Alley last year, class nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Engine Alley last year were very decent. Only downside is that his stage is right beside a corporate pitch (I think the E-Cigs one) and gets drowned out by their soundsystem. Same hassle with the main stage at Body & Soul but the organisers haven't seem bothered about restricting the decibels. And can't see that changing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Throw in Sultans two years back and Engine Alley last year, class nostalgia.
    Gosh, that would have been class. Never seen Sultans of Ping. Couldn't go last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Gosh, that would have been class. Never seen Sultans of Ping. Couldn't go last year.

Sultans were ***king incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Engine Alley last year were very decent. Only downside is that his stage is right beside a corporate pitch (I think the E-Cigs one) and gets drowned out by their soundsystem. Same hassle with the main stage at Body & Soul but the organisers haven't seem bothered about restricting the decibels. And can't see that changing this year.

Yeah, it was the Heineken Sound Atlas and it absolutely obliterated the sound for Jerry Fish. Watched about ten mins of Frank & Walters but it was pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Anyone got a link to what acts are playing on what day....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jul/31/a-tribe-called-quest-break-up-new-york-la-show

So according to this article, A Tribe Called Quest recently said at shows in LA and New York that those would be their last ever shows in those cities (due to the passing of Phife).

If they are calling it a day after this tour, then Picnic might end up being their second last show ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Neames wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to what acts are playing on what day....

The full schedule won't come out until the week before EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Hey guys, quick Q

A friend is considering coming down for just a day but are they able to get into a campsite afterwards? I stay in Pink Moon so I know they wont get in there but can you walk freely into the other campsites if they wanted to stay and then head in the morning instead? Ive walked into the other campsites with friends but I would have had a full wristband just can't recall whether they are checked or what going in....? Damn patchy memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

kg703 wrote: »
    Hey guys, quick Q

A friend is considering coming down for just a day but are they able to get into a campsite afterwards? I stay in Pink Moon so I know they wont get in there but can you walk freely into the other campsites if they wanted to stay and then head in the morning instead? Ive walked into the other campsites with friends but I would have had a full wristband just can't recall whether they are checked or what going in....? Damn patchy memories!

No. Access to the campsite is restricted to camping tickets only.

Officially.

On the last night (which is the only single day ticket available anyway), my understanding is that it's a little less strict but I've never done it myself - have only ever had a full pass.

TBH, it's not something I'd want to recommend to someone just in case they did get turned away and were left stuck for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Ahhhh, why did I think you could get a day pass for other days. That's prob why its Sunday only because it would prob be too easy to get in otherwise. Always the option of sleeping in a car I guess :pac:

They only really want to see Interpol anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Gal44 wrote: »
    whats the best campsite to aim for that's the less craziest (if possible!) ?

Janis Joplin Campsite, in front of the campervans is usually quiet enough. Less dodgy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 runingman92

Have we any predictions for the next main stage announcement? Excitement is bubbling away, and some vicious rumors are always appreciated to get me through a working day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Have we any predictions for the next main stage announcement? Excitement is bubbling away, and some vicious rumors are always appreciated to get me through a working day

Stone Roses are certain, Friday night in EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I wonder will it be worth paying the extra 25 quid to go down on the Thursday. Many other doing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

kg703 wrote: »
    Hey guys, quick Q

A friend of ours has done this several times .. came down for the Sunday and stayed in our campervan that night. I do not remember his wristband ever being checked going out of the arena into the campsites.

Advertisement