Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Well the festival is attached to Stradbally town with three or four takeaways/cafes, a super valu and daybreak and 4 or 5 pubs, so its not out in the middle of nowhere anyways.

LOL I remember chatting to Vogue Williams outside the chipper late on the Saturday. It's where all the action is, I tell ya! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

LOL I remember chatting to Vogue Williams outside the chipper late on the Saturday. It's where all the action is, I tell ya! :)

Heard she's a huge Fan of Kehoes Pubs down there- especially when the GAA & Football is on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Have Bastille ever played EP.

Saw them last night at Ibiza Rocks (following a thunderstorm :() they were fkin brilliant and I've never cared for them on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

20526007_10155634592074168_2924288299252412683_n.jpg?oh=b108d32332528c9ae3e4c282772adf7e&oe=59FF11D5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

room_149 wrote: »
    Heard she's a huge Fan of Kehoes Pubs down there- especially when the GAA & Football is on
    Napper Tandy's is best for the GAA (and a porcelain throne)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Bill bailey... great addition. Never get near the comedy tent though all weekend.

Napper Tandy's is best for the GAA (and a porcelain throne)
    Kehoe's let you smoke in that spot between the Bar & the Jacks though!

20526007_10155634592074168_2924288299252412683_n.jpg?oh=b108d32332528c9ae3e4c282772adf7e&oe=59FF11D5

Cant wait to catch Bill Bailey. I'm hoping that 'the Trout of No Craic' finally makes a live appearance with the RubberBandits

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Delighted with Bill Bailey , seen him a few years ago in the O2 and he was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Al Porter - when will it end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

That is an outstanding line up. Still haven't seen the Rubberbandits.. Bill Bailey better not clash with anyone I like or I'll have to start giving out on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Giggidy, the word is Giggidy.

30 sleeps.

It's Giggity. The word is Giggity :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

maximoose wrote: »

I've seen him a few times, the Mrs loves him, and happened to meet him in Galway one night, he's not a bad performer and a genuinely nice guy. Wouldn't be my cup of tea, but there's plenty of other stuff on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lzmunky wrote: »
    I've seen him a few times, the Mrs loves him, and happened to meet him in Galway one night, he's not a bad performer and a genuinely nice guy. Wouldn't be my cup of tea, but there's plenty of other stuff on.

This could be true, but I just find his whole shtick as a comedian to be painfully unfunny and can't understand RTE/Irish medias love for him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Phil Jupitus would be good. Never get to that tent though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

That is the best comedy line up in years. I spent a bit of time in there in the afternoons last year, will definitely get in. Great to see Steve Frost back, that group are all Comedy Store regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Spent a good few hours there on the Sunday last year as there wad very little I wanted to see. Had a great time at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

comedy has been crying out for a bigger tent for years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Do Trailer Park have a seperate announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cplzeus

roll wrote: »
    comedy has been crying out for a bigger tent for years

True. I remember last year they attempted to seat everybody, poor few fellows left standing got heckled quite viciously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Cplzeus wrote: »
    True. I remember last year they attempted to seat everybody, poor few fellows left standing got heckled quite viciously.

Things got a bit aggro at Dylan Moran alright.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Do Trailer Park have a seperate announcement?

They did the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I get that not all people attending festivals are drinking, or drunk etc but I'm surprised to hear so many people are interested in the comedy line ups. I'd never be in the right 'head-space' personally to sit down and watch a comedian at a festival.

Comedy tent is great in the afternoon, when you want to sit down relax, drink a beer and have a good time. 30 minute chunks, so there is always a few gaps over the weekend. Most years i just do the improv, but there is some seriously funny people throughout that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I get that not all people attending festivals are drinking, or drunk etc but I'm surprised to hear so many people are interested in the comedy line ups. I'd never be in the right 'head-space' personally to sit down and watch a comedian at a festival.

Great for early in the afternoon, before the madness starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

maximoose wrote: »

Deirdre O'Kane, same question

Otherwise, love the comedy tent in the afternoon. Rubberbandits were one of my highlights last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Synode wrote: »
    Great for early in the afternoon, before the madness starts

Hmm, if my serotonin isn't depleted after the previous night's chemical overload, I might give comedy a chance this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Hmm, if my serotonin isn't depleted after the previous night's chemical overload, I might give comedy a chance this year.

Must be strange for a comedian staring out into a sea of sad grey faces with purple lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

D.Q wrote: »
    Must be strange for a comedian staring out into a sea of sad grey faces with purple lips.

Not if they have done the Late Late show before..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Chances of the Orb being announced??

Think the world has had quite enough of Orbs this year...

Twitter.jpg

Advertisement