Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

just found out 2 friends of friends (that go every year and are pretty ****ty to me while there) aren't going this year. Feel relieved and quite happy about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

everlast75 wrote: »
    just found out 2 friends of friends (that go every year and are pretty ****ty to me while there) aren't going this year. Feel relieved and quite happy about that!
    It's not the place to be sh**ty to anyone. Stradbally doesn't yearn for bad vibes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Tesco doing 24 cans of Bulmers for €28, time to stock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

everlast75 wrote: »

As suspected. This year's line up will keep the douchebags and fairweather fans way. Fantastic line up for real music fans of all ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

LOL I remember chatting to Vogue Williams outside the chipper late on the Saturday. It's where all the action is, I tell ya! :)
    How far of a walk is it to the town......never ventured off the site before....might this year if go down on the Thursday

• Advertisement

haitens wrote: »
    How far of a walk is it to the town......never ventured off the site before....might this year if go down on the Thursday

AFAIR about 20-30 mins. I could be wrong as it's always in a state of blissful, ethereal intoxication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

AFAIR about 20-30 mins. I could be wrong as it's always in a state of blissful, ethereal intoxication.

Is the trip to town a shuttle worth taking?......sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Le Bruise wrote: »

It's a small country town, unless you need to, there's no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

From Pink Moon it's only about 10 - 15 minutes.

Oh, always. A one way trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

3+ Sale was at 9am this morning. I have a code for the sale if anyone still needs a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Isn't it a thing that people go into town to watch gaa/soccer matches over the wkend. It's about 15-20 mins walk to town from the main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

It's worth going to witness the wonder that is Kehoe's pub
    aka The 8th Wonder of the Ancient World

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Depends on what campsite you are in, but the town is quite close and is great banter on the Thursday night!

Isn't it a thing that people go into town to watch gaa/soccer matches over the wkend. It's about 15-20 mins walk to town from the main entrance.
    Used to be the case when they stopped screening the Gaa/ Football in the cinema tent a few years back. All the big games can be seen in the Mind-field at the Newstalk & Irish language tents now though. One of those E-Robot Cigarette companies showed the Dublin Mayo game a couple years back on a giant screen too I recall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

Woohoo got a cost price weekend ticket via the 3 sale/promo code! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Shelga wrote: »
    Woohoo got a cost price weekend ticket via the 3 sale/promo code! :D

As in 165?

As in 165?

No... 240? :( I thought that's what they cost, just glad I didn't give the Seatwave bastards 350

Shelga wrote: »
    No... 240? :( I thought that's what they cost, just glad I didn't give the Soundcloud bastards 350

I'm out of the loop with regard to ticket prices but €165/€185 was/ is the loyalty early bird price AFAIK
    €240 seems grand- feck the scalpers!
    I've heard there are still plenty of tickets floating about the place this year.

Sorry, meant Seatwave! Yes regarding it as mini victory whenever touts aren't involved :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

room_149 wrote: »
    Used to be the case when they stopped screening the Gaa/ Football in the cinema tent a few years back. All the big games can be seen in the Mind-field at the Newstalk & Irish language tents now though. One of those E-Robot Cigarette companies showed the Dublin Mayo game a couple years back on a giant screen too I recall

Surely they'll have the ol Ireland match on, very big one for us and it's on at 5pm Saturday so hopefully won't really clash with anything, can sit down with a pint and my dinner.

I remember at Oxegen 2010 they had the World Cup final between Spain and the Netherlands on a massive screen and it was a great set up. Pity the match was one the worst I have ever seen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

kg703 wrote: »
    I remember at Oxegen 2010 they had the World Cup final between Spain and the Netherlands on a massive screen and it was a great set up. :

Apart from the fights breaking out everywhere and bottles being thrown from the hill :pac:

Watching the 2006 final in the campsite in glorious sun was the best.

Surely they'll have the ol Ireland match on, very big one for us and it's on at 5pm Saturday so hopefully won't really clash with anything, can sit down with a pint and my dinner.

I remember at Oxegen 2010 they had the World Cup final between Spain and the Netherlands on a massive screen and it was a great set up. Pity the match was one the worst I have ever seen :pac:

It'll definitely be shown in the Newstalk tent- the 'Off the Ball' lads had the Gibraltar / Ireland Euro 2016 qualifier and showed a bit of Scotland's feck up over in Georgia that got us back in the running.
    The E-lites crowd will probably have it on the big screen too

It'll definitely be shown in the Newstalk tent- the 'Off the Ball' lads had the Gibraltar / Ireland Euro 2016 qualifier and showed a bit of Scotland's feck up over in Georgia that got us back in the running.
    The E-lites crowd will probably have it on the big screen too

Probably the only time the jungfellas will leave their tents. Probably yelling half a song over most of the game then shouting at players whose names they definitely don't know but if they keep throwing the words Whelan and McCarthy in there, they are bound to get one of them right :rolleyes:

I'll suss out a nice little spot for myself I'm sure :D

Probably the only time the jungfellas will leave their tents. Probably yelling half a song over most of the game then shouting at players whose names they definitely don't know but if they keep throwing the words Whelan and McCarthy in there, they are bound to get one of them right :rolleyes:

I'll suss out a nice little spot for myself I'm sure :D

Ha ha!
    Yeah expect to hear loads of "FFs Whelan, get it out- GET IT OUHT!!!!
    I'm getting kinda nervous about the game now too- it has the potential to ruin the weekend for me!! Going to the Serbia game on the Tuesday.
    I'm a bit of a plastic paddy so I'll probably be watching the England game too :o

Ha ha!
    Yeah expect to hear loads of "FFs Whelan, get it out- GET IT OUHT!!!!
    I'm getting kinda nervous about the game now too- it has the potential to ruin the weekend for me!! Going to the Serbia game on the Tuesday.
    I'm a bit of a plastic paddy so I'll probably be watching the England game too :o

I'll also be at the Serbia game.
    Albeit working :(
    Will either round up an amazing weekend or finish me off completely! :D:D

I'll also be at the Serbia game.
    Albeit working :(
    Will either round up an amazing weekend or finish me off completely! :D:D

There's the small matter of the Hurling All-Ireland on the Sunday too don't forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

There's the small matter of the Hurling All-Ireland on the Sunday too don't forget!

This coincides with EP every year. I haven't seen a hurling All Ireland final since 2003.

This coincides with EP every year. I haven't seen a hurling All Ireland final since 2003.

Do you not bring a Tablet or TV in the Camper to watch it ;) ? Perfect 4G signal out there.

(I'm secretly hoping that Galway win this weekend for the old Sunday ticket resales. My Tipperary mother/ cousins would disown me if they knew!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Do you not bring a Tablet or TV in the Camper to watch it ;) ? Perfect 4G signal out there.

(I'm secretly hoping that Galway win this weekend for the old Sunday ticket resales. My Tipperary mother/ cousins would disown me if they knew!!)

Have had a TV in the camper for the last few years, but really given the choice, I always choose a few beers in front of the main stage with friends in the (usual) sunshine ... with reggae hopefully :) .. now maybe if wexford ever get to a final again.

Advertisement