Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Listening to Public Service Broadcasting all afternoon.

I had tickets for their button factory gig 2 years ago, but had to pass as something came up, so I cannot wait for their set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

kg703 wrote: »
    Surely they'll have the ol Ireland match on, very big one for us and it's on at 5pm Saturday so hopefully won't really clash with anything, can sit down with a pint and my dinner.

I remember at Oxegen 2010 they had the World Cup final between Spain and the Netherlands on a massive screen and it was a great set up. Pity the match was one the worst I have ever seen :pac:

Right on queue!! Was just thinking the other day there haven't been any questions on matches been shown yet!!
    "Jeasus its only one match ya'd think they'd be showing, what a joke" vs "Its one weekend without sport's get over it" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Right on queue!! Was just thinking the other day there haven't been any questions on matches been shown yet!!
    "Jeasus its only one match ya'd think they'd be showing, what a joke" vs "Its one weekend without sport's get over it" :D:D

It's August, all the classics will be rolled out in the next couple of weeks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

It's August, all the classics will be rolled out in the next couple of weeks. :D

Any weather predictions (or yokes)?!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jerry Fish

Picnic Party People! ≈ plotting for Electric Picnic Sideshow Shenanigans well under way ≈ xx The Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow line up announced this day next week! x pic of yours truly and those darling gentlemen The Strypes from bygone sideshow nights ≈ x www.jerry-fish.com x

room_149 wrote: »
    Any weather predictions (or yokes)?!!

I predict the yokes weather will be only fantastic.

Is Stradbally town actually that close as a general festival punter ? Remember driving through it when the festival wasn't on, was in complete shock as to how close it was! Been for years and didn't realise.

But when the festival is on, there are only really two gates you can leave the site to get to town, the bus stop/quarry one and the paint ball exit the opposite. I left via the bus stop one a few years back to get cash in town, atm queues were a mile long. In my mind it was a bit of walk! That was with can in hand mind you!! There and back took 40-50mins? Does that sound right? It was a sizable chunk out a very clashy Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheHumanHam

A few people have mentioned the possibility of Justice being on the 3rd announcement... That would quite simply be the cherry on the cake for me at this stage.

Failing that I'd love to see something heavy like Gesaffelstein or Boys Noize ! :D

Is Stradbally town actually that close as a general festival punter ? Remember driving through it when the festival wasn't on, was in complete shock as to how close it was! Been for years and didn't realise.

But when the festival is on, there are only really two gates you can leave the site to get to town, the bus stop/quarry one and the paint ball exit the opposite. I left via the bus stop one a few years back to get cash in town, atm queues were a mile long. In my mind it was a bit of walk! That was with can in hand mind you!! There and back took 40-50mins? Does that sound right? It was a sizable chunk out a very clashy Sunday.

Yeah, depends what state you're in. A brisk, sober walk from any gate is 15mins tops to the town.

• Advertisement

A few people have mentioned the possibility of Justice being on the 3rd announcement... That would quite simply be the cherry on the cake for me at this stage.

Failing that I'd love to see something heavy like Gesaffelstein or Boys Noize ! :D

I think they self confirmed early one but retracted it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Shelga wrote: »
    No... 240? :( I thought that's what they cost, just glad I didn't give the Seatwave bastards 350

Don't mind me, i'm just being a tosser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Paintball exit is the closest one as far as I remember. There's a walkway and the end of it leaves you right in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah I suppose the journey is shorter for me as I'm based in the crew camp and if you take the back path its about 10 minutes tops. Your right about access ways becoming more limited when the festival is on. Probably more like the outskirts of the town where the punters entrance/exit is.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    It's not the place to be sh**ty to anyone. Stradbally doesn't yearn for bad vibes.

Yeah fúck that. Leave your bad vibes at home

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheHumanHam

No way! So you're telling me there's a chance?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Wasn't that Phoenix?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Just did a check on my new cooler boxes, I can happily report both take 26 cans.
    This time 4 weeks I'll be packing the fridge with Bulmers and wondering should I buy more.

Wasn't that Phoenix?

You could be right there Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Poorside wrote: »
    Just did a check on my new cooler boxes, I can happily report both take 26 cans.
    This time 4 weeks I'll be packing the fridge with Bulmers and wondering should I buy more.

What type did you get. Not real happy with mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

What type did you get. Not real happy with mine

Picked up 2 in Heaton's for €9 each, fairly flimsy but are watertight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

This time 4 weeks, we will hopefully be cracking open the first beer of many for the weekend!

Such is my excitement that i got my sleeling bags/mats out to clean and pack up. Got other bits and bobs i have left over from last year.

Going buying my beer tomorrow too....what a time to be alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

28 sleeps on the nose.

i'm starting to get a little moist....

but not yet frothy...

I hope Mr Carlow Weather man will grace us this year! Predictions were spot on last year, I was nearly deciding what wet gear to bring from the tent every time I left, based on his forecasts!!

LowOdour wrote: »
    This time 4 weeks, we will hopefully be cracking open the first beer of many for the weekend!

Such is my excitement that i got my sleeling bags/mats out to clean and pack up. Got other bits and bobs i have left over from last year.

Going buying my beer tomorrow too....what a time to be alive!

I actually just have a full time festival bag at this stage! It has all the little bits, toiletries, tourches, pocket sized rain coats, ponchos etc etc. which are fairly time consuming to pick up with 1-2 days to go :D, usually considered 'not that important' but they are.
    Must ppl tend to chuck things like these in the bin after every festival, but they're GOLD to keep.
    Bar the other bits, beers etc etc, I just throw this bag in while packing. Super efficient!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

pocket sized rain coats

expecting to get lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

I actually just have a full time festival bag at this stage! It has all the little bits, toiletries, tourches, pocket sized rain coats, ponchos etc etc. which are fairly time consuming to pick up with 1-2 days to go :D, usually considered 'not that important' but they are.
    Must ppl tend to chuck things like these in the bin after every festival, but they're GOLD to keep.
    Bar the other bits, beers etc etc, I just throw this bag in while packing. Super efficient!!

Me too!! All my festival bits stay in a rucksack all year round.Festival clothes get washed and then put straight back in then too so im always practically packed to go, its great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

If you're a Three customer, they have a 3Plus deal currently on a €25 festival bag from some pharmacy for €15. No idea what's in it, but might be some useful things like sunblock

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MJohnston wrote: »
    If you're a Three customer, they have a 3Plus deal currently on a €25 festival bag from some pharmacy for €15. No idea what's in it, but might be some useful things like sunblock

Wouldn't it be better though with a sun magnet. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    expecting to get lucky?

Some have deeper pockets than others:D:D

Advertisement