Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Have the Spotify playlist on, Japandroids are very close to getting the good highlighter when clashfinder is printed.
    Always thought Hudson Taylor were a pop band, could be alright for an aul knees up if there's nothing else going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Has anyone ever brought a trolley with them to the festival? Was looking at something like this (but maybe a better quality one)

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&langId=-1&categoryId=323808&productId=1312777&storeId=11101

I'd say if conditions are wet then not worth the hassel?

Mr.S wrote: »
    It's only 3 days long :eek:
    you would be.suprised how useful it would.have come in getting half assed packed items back to the car on the monday warning...was a very stop start journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

I have bought this
    https://www.clarkesofcavan.ie/Shop/Detail/Steel-Mesh-Gardeners-Trolley-Cart-200Kg
    The walk from red car park has always been the nightmare of the weekend and I can never get near green

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

LowOdour wrote: »
    Has anyone ever brought a trolley with them to the festival? Was looking at something like this (but maybe a better quality one)

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&langId=-1&categoryId=323808&productId=1312777&storeId=11101

I'd say if conditions are wet then not worth the hassel?

Don't do it. Those little wheels are no use you need one like this

• Advertisement

Don't do it. Those little wheels are no use you need one like this

Oh I agree...the one in the link was just an idea of what id get. Defo something with much larger wheels would be needed. Will be carry the bulk for 2 so would make life easier!

The one in your image (not sure if you were joking)might be harder to store in a tent!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The flush

Wheel barrow only job...

Oh I agree...the one in the link was just an idea of what id get. Defo something with much larger wheels would be needed. Will be carry the bulk for 2 so would make life easier!

The one in your image (not sure if you were joking)might be harder to store in a tent!
    Ha no I'm not joking I've used it for 3 years now and folds up like this

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

I've brought a trolley with thick wheels well pumped the last few years. Great idea and will be bringing it again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Mr.S wrote: »
    The scouts used be at EP and they'd charge a fiver for carrying your stuff and help pitch your tent, I wonder why they stopped :(

Because using kids for manual labour and putting them in potentially inappropriate situations with alcohol and adults under the influence is a really bad idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ha no I'm not joking I've used it for 3 years now and folds up like this

Where might you get one of those, and how much please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Because using kids for manual labour and putting them in potentially inappropriate situations with alcohol and adults under the influence is a really bad idea?

Very few people are locked at that point in the day. Probably was some insurance issue alright.

Typical official PC nonsense that ruins everything. Kids love earning money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Very few people are locked at that point in the day. Probably was some insurance issue alright.

Wouldn't the kids be in school anyway?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Where might you get one of those, and how much please?

Got that one in Woodies think I paid 60 for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

daily mail much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Wouldn't the kids be in school anyway?

Kids normally begin the school year on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheHumanHam

What are peoples drinks of choice for the weekend?

It's always druids for me personally. 24 cans for 30 euro if you get them on offer and they have a super alcohol to weight ratio at 6% a can :D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It's always druids for me personally. 24 cans for 30 euro if you get them on offer and they have a super alcohol to weight ratio at 6% a can :D

My throat is already burning just reading that post!

Bulmers,got 2 slabs for €28 each and 4 cans of cloudy lemon for the breakfast cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 theniamh

I like to have a good variety of choice, usually bring a mix of lager cider vodka and captain. morning drinks are usually a strawberry and lime kopparberg. i always bring too much!! someone is always in need on the monday morning!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

I usually go for Molson Canadian and maybe some Guinness (which really should be on tap somewhere)

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I usually go for Molson Canadian and maybe some Guinness (which really should be on tap somewhere)

They did have Murphys there last year.

Poorside wrote: »
    Bulmers,got 2 slabs for €28 each and 4 cans of cloudy lemon for the breakfast cans.
    You bring and will consume almost 50 cans of cider over the weekend
    theniamh wrote: »
    I like to have a good variety of choice, usually bring a mix of lager cider vodka and captain. morning drinks are usually a strawberry and lime kopparberg. i always bring too much!! someone is always in need on the monday morning!!

im bought.16 cans today...and i thought i was doing well!

do people who bring a tonne of drink tend not to spend too much time in the main arena?

You bring and will consume almost 50 cans of cider over the weekend

im bought.16 cans today...and i thought i was doing well!

do people who bring a tonne of drink tend not to spend too much time in the main arena?

jaysus no, I'll have some form of jungle juice with me as well.:D

really, that's for 2 of us, and some will come home.
    normal can rota is 2/3 after arriving and waiting for others,small bag of cans 3/4 at the salty dog before heading into main arena about 7 o' clock.
    2/3 breakfast cans and bring 3 into arena in the afternoon,then grab a few when the main stage closes and wander around for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 theniamh

we always bring a good lot alright , we pop in and out of the car and top up. a crate of lager and a crate of cider is split between myself and the oh. we have an emergency crate also. i always sneak my vodka and the likes in with me. we dont go into the main stage till 8ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Pilsner Urquell for me.

But I also end up buying a lot of Tiger from the bars. Hurts the pocket but it's my annual holiday.

Getting thirsty now. Time to open a can and shout on Galway.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Pilsner Urquell for me.

But I also end up buying a lot of Tiger from the bars. Hurts the pocket but it's my annual holiday.

Getting thirsty now. Time to open a can and shout on Galway.

hopefully we will be toasting a can to a Galway win the Sunday of EP (although tipp match is tight so far).

Im the same, spent a lot at the bars last year, but im there to see alot of bands and its the one weekend away all year without kids so dont mind splashing out for 1 or 2 over priced dishwater tasting pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

hopefully we will be toasting a can to a Galway win the Sunday of EP (although tipp match is tight so far).

Im the same, spent a lot at the bars last year, but im there to see alot of bands and its the one weekend away all year without kids so dont mind splashing out for 1 or 2 over priced dishwater tasting pints!

Yeah you have to accept in some cases that you're gonna need to buy beers at the bar! If you can smuggle drink in, well and good, a mate of mine is obsessed with trying to sneak drink in. So much so that you end up queuing, security find his booze, then hides it in a different spot and trys again/different gate etc etc. It can waste so much time, if you think of the full ticket price/hours awake, for every hour you waste at the EP its costing you €4 or €5, so trips back to the tent to get booze can almost be the same cost as buying a couple of cold ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

I'm bringing a cooler bag, should be able to fit 20 cans in it and maybe a bag of frozen wine to help keep it cool

• Advertisement

Hipflask(or 2) of Jameson down the jocks & then a bottle of coke from the ice cream van does the trick every time.

Advertisement