Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Campervan makes it easy to bring loads, but I usually get by with 24 of Orchard Thieves (I actually like it, as long as its ice cold, which again - campervan) because of not being bothered to smuggle stuff into the arena. Body and Soul's free flow policy is way better for everyone but the sponsors.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lost bag

Usually bring cans and a bottle of vodka. Two 8 packs of Heineken in O'Briens off-licences for €20 or €14 for one, good deal got it yesterday, just need to try not dip in over the next few weeks!

I've seen Smirnoff 70cl for €20 in a few places too.

I'll pick up a few more cans of something else over the next few weeks to have a bit of variety!

Usually smuggle a hip flash of vodka or two in for the evenings down the cleavage!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lost bag

adam240610 wrote: »
    I'm bringing a cooler bag, should be able to fit 20 cans in it and maybe a bag of frozen wine to help keep it cool

How does the wine fair out after it defrosts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I make pre mixed two litre cocktail bottles. Long Island ice tea, espresso martini and caipirinhas. Generally bring a few cans of burners too

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Lost bag wrote: »
    How does the wine fair out after it defrosts?

After it melts completely it should be grand, subtle change in flavor but nothing major. The bag would expand and contract so no risk of it exploding in the freezer or breaking it's seal. Only problem is drinking the entire bag in one day hahaha.

I'm willing to give it a bash anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I will bring 12 cans of beer, a flask of whiskey and 9 litres of water.

That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I will bring 12 cans of beer, a flask of whiskey and 9 litres of water.

That's it.

Three litres of water per day, you must have perfect skin

Snarky Snark Snark

Three litres of water per day, you must have perfect skin

Lloyd Cole thought so.... badumm tish...

Nah, I'll wind up bringing 2-3 back, same with most of the whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Gonna pre-make 3 bottles of diorolyte in 3 litre bottles before I go down there. 1 before I go to bed each night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lloyd Cole thought so.... badumm tish...

Nah, I'll wind up bringing 2-3 back, same with most of the whiskey.

Ah, Lloyd Cole and his commotions. Imagine them in a tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Stillill42 wrote: »

The EP would be a lost weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Where's this Logic area?

424437.jpg

Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »
    Where's this Logic area?

Could that be the red Bull area from last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Could that be the red Bull area from last year?

Definitely maybe. Would have been hoping for more from the line-up tho...

Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »

I do, every year, they would be a class act to have, even him on his tod would be great.

It's that ****ing vaping stage again. It was a wooden cabin thing last year, all VIP areas and such bull****. And of course, the sound system was overwhelming all of the little B&S stages around it.

Wish they'd just cluster all that ****e off in some far corner, and then surround it with three layers of toilet cubicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

MJohnston wrote: »
    It's that ****ing vaping stage again. It was a wooden cabin thing last year, all VIP areas and such bull****. And of course, the sound system was overwhelming all of the little B&S stages around it.

Wish they'd just cluster all that ****e off in some far corner, and then surround it with three layers of toilet cubicles.

Is it the one that was cocktail cocktail another year? Just outside the body and soul entrance, sat beside where the helter skelter thingy is?

Really hope cinema is announced. Missed him last year, nialler9 had a video up on Instagram there of him at castlepalloza this wkend and sounded amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Rfrip wrote: »

Is it the one that was cocktail cocktail another year? Just outside the body and soul entrance, sat beside where the helter skelter thingy is?
    If it's the vaping one I think it's beside Jerry Fish's stage, the one that drowns out the bands there.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I think it's the one that's beside Jerry Fish's stage, the one that drowns out the bands there.

Ah I know the one now thanks! Like to see daithi though, he's another fella I keep missing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Really hope cinema is announced. Missed him last year, nialler9 had a video up on Instagram there of him at castlepalloza this wkend and sounded amazing

I saw him in Global Green last year. There was about 30/40 people at him.
    Excellent set, and i'd go see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I saw him in Global Green last year. There was about 30/40 people at him.
    Excellent set, and i'd go see him again.

I was also at that set, saw him again at Castlepalooza last night and he was unreal. He is playing Electric Picnic on one of the stages in the body & soul area on the Saturday night.

I was also at that set, saw him again at Castlepalooza last night and he was unreal. He is playing Electric Picnic on one of the stages in the body & soul area on the Saturday night.

No way!! Brilliant

As mentioned, that's on the other side of Body and Soul. Can't remember if Cocktail Cocktail was here last year, but every year I see some idiotic arrangement of stages that leads me to believe the layout is designed by people who never actually experience music.

They really ought to have volume restrictions on minor stages and especially on bar soundsystems.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Sorry if this was asked already but does anyone remember the costs of the cans you could pre order and collect at the campsites?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Ricey92 wrote: »
    Sorry if this was asked already but does anyone remember the costs of the cans you could pre order and collect at the campsites?

think it was €50 for a slab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

As mentioned, that's on the other side of Body and Soul. Can't remember if Cocktail Cocktail was here last year, but every year I see some idiotic arrangement of stages that leads me to believe the layout is designed by people who never actually experience music.

They really ought to have volume restrictions on minor stages and especially on bar soundsystems.

Wasn't that over beside the Circus? Or was that the year before?

Wasn't that over beside the Circus? Or was that the year before?

It was definitely there in 2015, but honestly can't remember it last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

It was definitely there in 2015, but honestly can't remember it last year.

It wasn't there last year.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

24 sleeps.

Advertisement