Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

24 sleeps.

I've a toddler.

Only 8 sleeps for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

What announcements have we left?

Salty Dog
    Jerry Fish
    Trailer Park
    Mindfield
    Final main announcement

All the other bits and bobs like Sound Atlas etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

What announcements have we left?

Salty Dog
    Jerry Fish
    Trailer Park
    Mindfield
    Final main announcement

All the other bits and bobs like Sound Atlas etc

Jerry Fish line up is announced this Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Jerry Fish line up is announced this Thursday

Let me take a wild guess

The Strypes
    Frank and Walters
    The pony club girlies

Would like to see the Stunning added somewhere, might be too big for Jerry fish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

I don't mean to moan but I wish they'd announce the full lineup a little bit sooner, I guess due to the travelling it's maybe more difficult to confirm times with all the acts but a lot of festivals around the same time announced their day/stage splits a good few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

LowOdour wrote: »
    Has anyone ever brought a trolley with them to the festival? Was looking at something like this (but maybe a better quality one)

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=15551&langId=-1&categoryId=323808&productId=1312777&storeId=11101

I'd say if conditions are wet then not worth the hassel?

Don't bother with that one, as mentioned, wheels are way too small. It'll go to bits very quickly and you'll end up carrying your stuff anyway.

We've a more heavy duty one but its also foldable

Used it for the last 5 years and its excellent in all conditions, plus its small too. If you can find one like it i'd highly recommend it. Cannot remember where I got it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I don't mean to moan but I wish they'd announce the full lineup a little bit sooner, I guess due to the travelling it's maybe more difficult to confirm times with all the acts but a lot of festivals around the same time announced their day/stage splits a good few weeks ago.

if they did that then who would purchase the lanyards and books?

Snarky Snark Snark

Poorside wrote: »
    Let me take a wild guess

The pony club girlies

Risky GIS of the day right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Paddy2012 wrote: »

There are still more acts to be announced, they can't confirm anything until that's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Poorside wrote: »
    think it was €50 for a slab

Think it could even have been €60 per slab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the same people who purchase them despite the lineup being out a week before?
    There are still more acts to be announced, they can't confirm anything until that's done.

of course they can, lots of festivals announce day splits or even stage splits and then update them when new acts are announced later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I always purchase the lanyard as I often don't have my phone on me and it's handy having a timetable around my neck.

Plus I feel official and VIP with it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

GigLockers taking bookings if anyone's interested

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/camping#info-section-44715

of course they can, lots of festivals announce day splits or even stage splits and then update them when new acts are announced later.

Why would they bother?

I always purchase the lanyard as I often don't have my phone on me and it's handy having a timetable around my neck.

Plus I feel official and VIP with it :cool:

The lanyards rock, help save phone battery. My only gripe is the holes in the card should be positioned at the bottom, not the top (Or even punched top and bottom) This means when around my neck, I don't have to rotate the cards every time to read.

Why would they bother?

I'd say they have the stage times fully complete for some time now and probably don't want changes, but when you have hundreds of acts changes are inevitable! If the line up is released too early it's most likely going to be obsolete by the time the festival rolls around. Then the promotors are faced with much bigger problems like punters missing acts cause they were using an outdated program. Yeah so completely understandable why they don't release the times.

I'm happy with the line-up as it is but another announcement containing some decent sized acts wouldn't go astray.

Why would they bother?
    because they have that information for months and it won't change and people would like to know?
    it doesn't cost anything, doesn't hurt anyone, doesn't make any difference whatsoever except to inform people and not be c-unts to customers.

most other festivals can manage to do it. Reading & Leeds have had day and stage splits out since April and have still announced acts since then.

the "but they haven't finished announcing the lineup" explanation doesn't hold.

EP used to do it, even Oxegen used to have the day splits out months in advance, it's not that fukcing hard...

OXEGEN-2005-Poster.jpg

OXEGEN-2006-Poster.jpg

OX-07.jpg

200px-OXEGEN_2011_POSTER.jpg

ep2011poster_0.jpg?itok=YKujMnpl

ep2012_poster.jpg

Snarky Snark Snark

I'm happy with the line-up as it is but another announcement containing some decent sized acts wouldn't go astray.

Think in the last announcement for 2016, we got a few goodies such as lightning seeds and the like but that was on the 19th so could be a while yet before we get that last release.

because they have that information for months and it won't change and people would like to know?
    it doesn't cost anything, doesn't hurt anyone, doesn't make any difference whatsoever except to inform people and not be c-unts to customers.

most other festivals can manage to do it. Reading & Leeds have had day and stage splits out since April and have still announced acts since then.

EP used to do it, even Oxegen used to have the day splits out months in advance, it's not that fukcing hard...

Why are you so angry about this? This would be something mildly diverting to discuss but I don't think not releasing it makes them c-unts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Anyone know if we're getting that app again this year? Think a boardsie designed it the last time i went in 2014. Absolute life saver for me.

Why are you so angry about this? This would be something mildly diverting to discuss but I don't think not releasing it makes them c-unts.
    I'm not :confused:
    ok, perhaps they're not c-unts, just lazy and unhelpful. given the way the festival has gone organisationally in the last 5 years, it's probably 1 of the 3 anyway, if not all 3.

Think in the last announcement for 2016, we got a few goodies such as lightning seeds and the like but that was on the 19th so could be a while yet before we get that last release.

That was very late based on previous years trends wasn't it. There used to be a 3rd announcement in late July. I can wait till the 19th but I'd hope it's earlier as in the end of this week.

It doesn't sound like there will be a dedicated red bull stage this year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fully agree. Unless you're heading there for the Sunday only there's no hurry with the information. We'll get the stage times 2/3 days before and that's sufficient time.
    And I don't know anyone who works for EP but they put on a hell of a festival every year, something that must be an organisational nightmare. So more respect for them please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And I don't know anyone who works for EP but they put on a hell of a festival every year, something that must be an organisational nightmare. So more respect for them please.

Have a friend who works with them, on the team that organises it. Insane amounts of work. Her team went down to the site today I believe and will be there until a week or 2 afterwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

D.Q wrote: »
    Anyone know if we're getting that app again this year? Think a boardsie designed it the last time i went in 2014. Absolute life saver for me.

Almost certainly.

Fully agree. Unless you're heading there for the Sunday only there's no hurry with the information. We'll get the stage times 2/3 days before and that's sufficient time.
    I know a number of people who work behind the scenes at EP, and the level of respect for FR is at an all-time low, given the sh1tty way they've treated a lot of people over the last 3 years, and that includes coming from someone who still works for them.

It doesn't sound like there will be a dedicated red bull stage this year either.
    why do you say that?
    I was actually talking to someone this weekend gone who was asked to play it a few months ago but can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I know a number of people who work behind the scenes at EP, and the level of respect for FR is at an all-time low, given the sh1tty way they've treated a lot of people over the last 3 years, and that includes coming from someone who still works for them.
    So maybe lay off them? Your invective applies to both employers & employees. I don't think either are trying to ruin your Summer and I reckon you'll have a great fest anyway. And I hope you do.

Advertisement