Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Are the gig lockers located in the main arena or in one of the campsites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Think they're in Hendrix close to the showers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Nah, that would just be too easy for stashing cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Trying to find out if we'll be restricted with the size of bag we can take into the main arena this year. I have my "festival" bag I've been using for years but fear I may have to retire it this year!!!

Most gigs going that way now and I think Indiependence last weekend had the "No backpack and A4" size rule...

Messaged EP and emailed FR but no reply yet.
    Anyone on here with links to the festival have any idea????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Trying to find out if we'll be restricted with the size of bag we can take into the main arena this year. I have my "festival" bag I've been using for years but fear I may have to retire it this year!!!

Most gigs going that way now and I think Indiependence last weekend had the "No backpack and A4" size rule...

Messaged EP and emailed FR but no reply yet.
    Anyone on here with links to the festival have any idea????

I think that its only really at single day events or city events, it didn't really apply at the camping festivals, Body&Soul was relaxed anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Body&Soul was relaxed anyway.

Body&Soul might not the best comparison though as they don't really have the distinction between campsite and main arena what with their "free-flow" alcohol policy etc.

Once you're in the B&S entrance on the Friday, that's basically it in terms of searches in my experience whereas at EP everybody gets checked to some degree when coming in to the main arena (sometimes for wristband only however you basically always have some level of 1on1 interaction with security).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

It doesn't sound like there will be a dedicated red bull stage this year either.

Any reason you think this? Didn't think it was great last year but usually one of the areas I look forward to an announcement from.

Doesn't bother me that they don't release the day breakdown. If I was just getting a Sunday ticket then yes I would probably want to see who is playing on the day before I purchase a ticket but otherwise it shouldn't be an issue for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Body&Soul might not the best comparison though as they don't really have the distinction between campsite and main arena what with their "free-flow" alcohol policy etc.

Once you're in the B&S entrance on the Friday, that's basically it in terms of searches in my experience whereas at EP everybody gets checked to some degree when coming in to the main arena (sometimes for wristband only however you basically always have some level of 1on1 interaction with security).

Just double checked INDIEPENDENCE there again and they had

"BACKPACKS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN TO THE MAIN ARENA

Bags bigger than an A4 sheet of paper will not be allowed in to the main arena at INDIE17, please be aware of this and plan accordingly before you arrive"

Probably best to just assume this until closer the time or I hear otherwise back from one of my messages....

New festival bag it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I have barely scratched the surface with the line up yet and am delighted with it... loving bantum and love this from bicep

https://youtu.be/1ZapePrpX64

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Korvanica wrote: »
    Don't bother with that one, as mentioned, wheels are way too small. It'll go to bits very quickly and you'll end up carrying your stuff anyway.

We've a more heavy duty one but its also foldable

Used it for the last 5 years and its excellent in all conditions, plus its small too. If you can find one like it i'd highly recommend it. Cannot remember where I got it though.

Korvanica you can do it. Pluck that memory of where you got it from. We believe in you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Synode wrote: »
    Korvanica you can do it. Pluck that memory of where you got it from. We believe in you

if its any use, from 30e upwards you can find alot of decent hand trucks. Woodies, Ebay, amazon have plenty of options. im going to b & q to see if they have any on display to get a feel of how sturdy they need to be. plenty of cheap ones out there, so as was posted to me...beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

It doesn't sound like there will be a dedicated red bull stage this year either.

No red bull tropical garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Is the day-by-day line up revealed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Wing126 wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Rfrip wrote: »
    I have barely scratched the surface with the line up yet and am delighted with it... loving bantum and love this from bicep

https://youtu.be/1ZapePrpX64

i caught the live show at Glastonbury expecting all their own tunes but it was only 3 or 4 that i definitely recognised from them. i'm pretty sure that was played though.

and aura!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvlym4g9SQQ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Wing126 wrote: »
    No. Though ghostdancer is on the case.
    (please forgive the dig man).

However, Clashfinder have already (probably) provided some answers to some of our questions. Their times for acts are pretty specific and, given their track record, likely to be accurate. Thus it looks like we're not getting Interpol nor RTJ in the EA nor a dance act following ATCQ. Not ideal for me and Vince Staples v RTJ looks like an ill-thought out clash.

https://clashfinder.com/s/ep2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Seathrun66 wrote: »

However, Clashfinder have already (probably) provided some answers to some of our questions. Their times for acts are pretty specific and, given their track record, likely to be accurate. Thus it looks like we're not getting Interpol nor RTJ in the EA nor a dance act following ATCQ. Not ideal for me and Vince Staples v RTJ looks like an ill-thought out clash.

Band of Horses on Sunday at 4.30 would clash with the end of the hurling final...no way is that happening to Galway folk!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'd say that clashfinder is just someone guessing (although they could be correct with their guesses). It would be disappointing if the Friday night worked out like that, I'm sure RTJ/Vince Staples would have a lot of crossover fans, as would I'm sure a lot of the XX/London Grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

An XX, London Grammar clash would be a royal pain in the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I'd say that clashfinder is just someone guessing (although they could be correct with their guesses). It would be disappointing if the Friday night worked out like that, I'm sure RTJ/Vince Staples would have a lot of crossover fans, as would I'm sure  a lot of the XX/London Grammar.
    Possibly. But the site is very well established, extremely careful about listing unsubstantiated information and is very specific about the times & stages. I'd expect it to be accurate or very close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Have to say that a London Grammar and The XX clash would be really insane. I would have to seriously doubt the accuracy on that alone. It's not even a small overlap either, it's nearly the whole of each others sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Possibly. But the site is very well established, extremely careful about listing unsubstantiated information and is very specific about the times & stages. I'd expect it to be accurate or very close.

Eh? I thought clashfinder could be edited by anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

MadYaker wrote: »
    Eh? I thought clashfinder could be edited by anyone.

Anyone can create one, don't think you can edit someone else's though.

It's no more accurate than what you would read here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I am hoping Lisa Hannigan is announced, she plays a festival in Sweden on August 12th and then has nothing until she plays Cork on September 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ah jaysus. Definatly want to see London grammer but not at that time! 8/9 ish would be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

no, it's completely user-created and edited. the guy who created the Clashfinder site doesn't "list" anything. festivals, days, stages, acts, times are all created by users. the EP one is utter guesswork by whoever created the clashfinder and anyone who wants to change anything on it. in the notes for the EP one, the last change says "A few additional predictions".

the only reliable things on it are things that we already know, like the main stage headliners. the times and other acts placings are speculation.

Anyone can create one, don't think you can edit someone else's though.

It's no more accurate than what you would read here.
    you can edit anyone's clashfinder by default unless they lock it down or set it to private. the EP one can be edited by anyone at the moment.
    MJohnston wrote: »
    Have to say that a London Grammar and The XX clash would be really insane. I would have to seriously doubt the accuracy on that alone. It's not even a small overlap either, it's nearly the whole of each others sets.

TA-DA! now they're not clashing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

no, it's completely user-created and edited. the guy who created Clashfinder doesn't "list" anything. it's utter guesswork.

you can edit anyone's clashfinder by default unless they lock it down.
    the EP one can be edited by anyone.

LOL 😀😀😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Ghostie for MGod

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Has anyone received their campervan pass for this year yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Think im going to sell my tickets. I'd like to go but too many drop outs from my group. Only some of the lineup appeals to me too

Advertisement