Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

mgkelly wrote: »
    ....gangs of roving middle aged men, wearing Smiths tee-shirts, beating up teenagers.....
    Now there's something!

The forgotten claiming the country /picnic back. Inspiring stuff. Ireland is mine.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

mgkelly wrote: »
    ....gangs of roving middle aged men, wearing Smiths tee-shirts, beating up teenagers.....
    Now there's something!

I bet we could get funding if we said it was art.

Poorside wrote: »
    I bet we could get funding if we said it was art.

A small bit of thought and we've got a spot in Trailer Park right there.

I see Sack are in there on the Salty Dog line-up too. They've supported Mozza. Between themselves and These Charming Men, I think it's pretty clear that at least one of Morrissey or Marr will be the big surprise of the 3rd announcement. Scratch that. They'll probably reform for us.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I see Sack are in there on the Salty Dog line-up too. They've supported Mozza. Between themselves and These Charming Men, I think it's pretty clear that at least one of Morrissey or Marr will be the big surprise of the 3rd announcement. Scratch that. They'll probably reform for us.

Marr will probably bring the Stone roses along for a few songs as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

eplady2017 wrote: »

No Eskies...... hmmmph.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

kg703 wrote: »
    No Eskies...... hmmmph.....

Was just gonna say that. Disappointed.

Wonder will they show up at one of the body and soul stages? Saw them at the earthship one year and they were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

They might get announced for Trailer park yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

So what is left to announce now?

Trailer Park
    Jerry Fish
    Final main arena
    Red Bull stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Delighted they're back, hopefully same time as last year.
    I'm only 42, but I can kick teenagers like a 50 year old.

I'm 43, jesus i was hoping there'd be some young 30 somethings there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Electric Picnic is like a great big Orb that rules from the centre of Ultra World.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So what is left to announce now?

Trailer Park
    Jerry Fish
    Final main arena
    Red Bull stage?

Final other voices announcement too

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Electric Picnic is like a great big Orb that rules from the centre of Ultra World.

.....loving you.

What's your happiest Trailer Park moment? It is the happiest stage, isn't it? Everyone loves each other up there. There was an Elvis impersonator there last year, magic stuff. When he finished 'The wonder of you', well, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. And the Eukelele collective, I had a beautiful half hour with them on the Sunday morning the year before last, everyone beaming at each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What's your happiest Trailer Park moment? It is the happiest stage, isn't it? Everyone loves each other up there. There was an Elvis impersonator there last year, magic stuff. When he finished 'The wonder of you', well, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. And the Eukelele collective, I had a beautiful half hour with them on the Sunday morning the year before last, everyone beaming at each other.

I was up there for some Beastie Boys album from start to finish last year at some mad hour

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Count me in for the Smiths/kicking/art project.

Never thought I'd say this but don't miss Jinx Lennon. Caught him at B&S and was caotic speed induced cutting edge music and lyrics that was funny as hell with a Dundalk accent.

Most memorable performance of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

The big fat redneck wedding! It was absolutely hilarious. A "proper" sit-down wedding ceremony where we all received hymn sheets and had to sing along :)

Also, the fake Trump rally last year. The trailer park is crazy, definitely one of the most fun areas of EP :)

Has to be the Ukulele choir, just such a happy bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Can anyone tell me the final tier price of a general 3 day camping ticket please and thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Father John Misty created a Facebook event for EP on Sep 3??

• Advertisement

RastaRed wrote: »
    Father John Misty created a Facebook event for EP on Sep 3??

Wonder will he headline EA? Either that or he's on before Duran Duran.

Wonder will Mrs. Le Bon be knocking about, she's on my list and I have a VIP pass....

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Wonder will he headline EA? Either that or he's on before Duran Duran.

Wonder will Mrs. Le Bon be knocking about, she's on my list and I have a VIP pass....

Headlining EA clashing with Duran Duran I'd say, she was an absolute cracker back in the day

milehip wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the final tier price of a general 3 day camping ticket please and thanks?

230 +booking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A new track from Four Tet, surely he is due a visit to the Picnic soon, I don't think he's played since 2012.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Possibly. But the site is very well established, extremely careful about listing unsubstantiated information and is very specific about the times & stages. I'd expect it to be accurate or very close.
    no, it's completely user-created and edited. the guy who created the Clashfinder site doesn't "list" anything. festivals, days, stages, acts, times are all created by users. the EP one is utter guesswork by whoever created the clashfinder and anyone who wants to change anything on it. in the notes for the EP one, the last change says "A few additional predictions".

the only reliable things on it are things that we already know, like the main stage headliners. the times and other acts placings are speculation.

Anyone can create one, don't think you can edit someone else's though.

It's no more accurate than what you would read here.
    you can edit anyone's clashfinder by default unless they lock it down or set it to private. the EP one can be edited by anyone at the moment.
    MJohnston wrote: »
    Have to say that a London Grammar and The XX clash would be really insane. I would have to seriously doubt the accuracy on that alone. It's not even a small overlap either, it's nearly the whole of each others sets.

TA-DA! now they're not clashing! :pac:
    Never got wrong info from Clashfinder in all the years I've been using them. You've just got to print off at the last minute as regularly being updated.

Artists often put in their stage times so as to make fans aware well in advance of their slot. I'd be willing to bet on the slots up yesterday being pretty accurate.

Anyway, we'll know soon enough.

Never got wrong info from Clashfinder in all the years I've been using them. You've just got to print off at the last minute as regularly being updated.

Artists often put in their stage times so as to make fans aware well in advance of their slot. I'd be willing to bet on the slots up yesterday being pretty accurate.

3 hours between acts on the main stage on Saturday would seem a bit off to me.
    Can't wait to print it out every day of the week leading up to it and waste a load of highlighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

3 hours between acts on the main stage on Saturday would seem a bit off to me.
    Can't wait to print it out every day of the week leading up to it and waste a load of highlighters.
    There'll be an act in that gap. Info just not available yet I assume.
    And same here regarding the highlighters. And then miss half the highlighted acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I bought an early entry pass when booking pink moon as option to stay a night earlier if I wanted. Has anyone done this before? do many do it? I like the idea of just waking up and being ready to go on the Friday morning and avoiding the queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

blaa85 wrote: »
    I bought an early entry pass when booking pink moon as option to stay a night earlier if I wanted. Has anyone done this before? do many do it? I like the idea of just waking up and being ready to go on the Friday morning and avoiding the queues.

This is the first year of the early entry pass. Hard to predict how many will do it.

I have purchased mine too. After the crazy queues last year despite leaving early, I'd much rather spend Thursday night in the campsite.

(My liver won't thank me for an extra night of boozing though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

There is no "them". Anybody can put anything on clashfinder. That current EP one is 100% guesswork and therefore completely unreliable.

I use the clashfinder data for the timetable apps and in my experience it is not trustworthy until the last couple of days after the festival have released stage times.

Advertisement