Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

There is no "them". Anybody can put anything on clashfinder. That current EP one is 100% guesswork and therefore completely unreliable.

I use the clashfinder data for the timetable apps and in my experience it is not trustworthy until the last couple of days after the festival have released stage times.

Does anyone know if that app will be making an appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It's Pablo that does the app, and he's confirmed it'll be done again this year.

It's Pablo that does the app, and he's confirmed it'll be done again this year.

Haha no way. Happy coincidence quoting him there then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Never got wrong info from Clashfinder in all the years I've been using them. You've just got to print off at the last minute as regularly being updated.

Artists often put in their stage times so as to make fans aware well in advance of their slot. I'd be willing to bet on the slots up yesterday being pretty accurate.

Anyway, we'll know soon enough.

There is no "them". Anybody can put anything on clashfinder. That current EP one is 100% guesswork and therefore completely unreliable.

I use the clashfinder data for the timetable apps and in my experience it is not trustworthy until the last couple of days after the festival have released stage times.
    The site has monitors. Otherwise all sorts of crazy sh*t would end up on there. 
    As I posted above it's best to leave til the last possible moment to download, as Clashfinder themselves recommend. And the site has been by far the most reliable source of information for EP, Glasto, Field Day, Primavera and other fests I've used it for. Even more reliable than the official website or lineups on sale on-site as they've been printed early and don't take into account any late changes, eg the Ride debacle two years back.
    Of the nine acts scheduled on Clashfinder on Tuesday it'd be interesting to see how many prove to be accurate. Given the specific times & tents I'd wager that all are more or less correct, though Interpol may have 75 rather than 60 minutes. We'll see soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

all sorts of crazy sh*t does end up there. if you look through the lists you'll see loads of clashfinders that people started making that they didn't update that turned out to be completely wrong.
    the Glastonbury one was laughably wrong and full of incorrect acts, let alone times and stages before the times were officially released.
    here it was before the lineup was even announced, loads of these acts didn't even play, they were all just guesses based on who was touring: https://clashfinder.com/s/g2017/?rev=26

here it is after the initial lineup announcement and before the times, loads of these acts played different stages because again, they're all just user guesses: https://clashfinder.com/s/g2017/?rev=114

it's only reliable at the end because festival goers update it themselves when things change. (and only then sometimes, there's plenty of clashfinders for smaller festivals that no-one bothers to update if things change).

there's one person who made the site, he doesn't update any of the times. it's up to people to update them. several posters on here update the EP one each year when the times come out.

the site does not have "monitors". you can go create an Electric Picnic one now with Ramstein playing every stage if you wish and it will stay there forever unless someone is bothered changing it.

• Advertisement

all sorts of crazy sh*t does end up there. if you look through the lists you'll see loads of clashfinders that people started making that they didn't update that turned out to be completely wrong.
    the Glastonbury one was laughably wrong and full of incorrect acts, let alone times and stages before the times were officially released.
    here it was before the lineup was even announced, loads of these acts didn't even play, they were all just guesses based on who was touring: https://clashfinder.com/s/g2017/?rev=26

here it is after the initial lineup announcement and before the times, loads of these acts played different stages because again, they're all just user guesses: https://clashfinder.com/s/g2017/?rev=114

it's only reliable at the end because festival goers update it themselves when things change. (and only then sometimes, there's plenty of clashfinders for smaller festivals that no-one bothers to update if things change).

there's one person who made the site, he doesn't update any of the times. it's up to people to update them. several posters on here update the EP one each year when the times come out.

the site does not have "monitors". you can go create an Electric Picnic one now with Ramstein playing every stage if you wish and it will stay there forever unless someone is bothered changing it.
    As I've posted twice the advice from Clashfinder is always to wait until the last minute as stuff gets updated.

And of course they have monitors. It's like saying that Wikipedia don't have an owner nor staff to monitor stuff. But hey, feel free to muck about and put Bowie down as appearing on the Sunday night pre-Duran. It'll go up, but it'll be removed pre-fest.

It's a matter of trust. I have faith in EP to always put on a great fest. And similarly in Clashfinder to have accurate times. Neither have let me down thus far.

As I've posted twice the advice from Clashfinder is always to wait until the last minute as stuff gets updated.
    It's a matter of trust. I have faith in EP to always put on a great fest. And similarly in Clashfinder to have accurate times. Neither have let me down thus far.
    no, stuff sometimes gets updated when people on boards and elsewhere bother to do it. you can see in the revisions for the last few years the names of several posters on here who have updated the clashfinders as times and stages are released.
    Clashfinder don't update anything themselves.

e:
    And of course they have monitors. It's like saying that Wikipedia don't have an owner nor staff to monitor stuff. But hey, feel free to muck about and put Bowie down as appearing on the Sunday night pre-Duran. It'll go up, but it'll be removed pre-fest.

they don't, it's 1 person (Halvin) who maintains the site but doesn't update the clashfinders. so nothing like Wikipedia.
    there are multiple incorrect clashfinders on the site. here are 2 from Glastonbury this year alone:
    https://clashfinder.com/s/glastofest2017/
    https://clashfinder.com/s/glastonburyfestival2017/

of course Bowie would get removed because when the EP times are released, festival-goers will update it so that there's a usable one.

Sorry but that's incorrect man. The guys who run it rely on punters to edit the site but get involved if incorrect info is put up, as they did when some messy stuff was coming up for Glasto two years ago. They sent out a request to posters to not put down incorrect info then removed it. It operates in the same way as Wikip*dia and you're being naive if you believe they'd allow other to take full control of their site. It's a money-earner so why risk it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'm going to go in and put Radiohead on the EP Clashfinder.

Sorry but that's incorrect man. The guys who run it rely on punters to edit the site but get involved if incorrect info is put up, as they did when some messy stuff was coming up for Glasto two years ago. They sent out a request to posters to not put down incorrect info then removed it. It operates in the same way as Wikip*dia and you're being naive if you believe they'd allow other to take full control of their site. It's a money-earner so why risk it?
    they didn't remove anything, you can see in the history logs that it was normal users who did all that.
    you clearly have absolutely no idea about the site or how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

"Clashfinder relies on user-entered data. See something wrong? Fix it."

It says it right at the bottom of each event page.

no, stuff sometimes gets updated when people on boards and elsewhere bother to do it. you can see in the revisions for the last few years the names of several posters on here who have updated the clashfinders as times and stages are released.
    Clashfinder don't update anything themselves.

e:

they don't, it's 1 person (Halvin) who maintains the site but doesn't update the clashfinders. so nothing like Wikipedia.
    there are multiple incorrect clashfinders on the site. here are 2 from Glastonbury this year alone:
    https://clashfinder.com/s/glastofest2017/
    https://clashfinder.com/s/glastonburyfestival2017/

of course Bowie would get removed because when the EP times are released, festival-goers will update it so that there's a usable one.
    It was one guy in 2009. He's taken on more people since and they referred to the team in the plural for Glasto 2015.
    But as before we'll see soon enough. I think we're boring the other posters with this disagreement so better to just await the official times in three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I don't think halvin over at clashfinder makes any money out of it. Its a labour of love for him and a sideline project to his day job. He asks for donations to pay for hosting costs as there is no advertising at all https://clashfinder.com/donate/ I have thrown in a few quid over the years. Not a "money-earner". Not wikipedia-like at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Handbags away now and back to the upcoming weekend of the year......

Did anyone else see Rammestein are closing 3 nights in a row? Can't wait! Bang Bang!

:pac:

Easy Rod wrote: »

I'm going to go in and put Radiohead on the EP Clashfinder.
    That's cool. I'd suggested Bowie. It'll stay up for while but will be removed pre-fest. You can see it as a challenge to disrupt the site but it'll end up being accurate anyway unless there's some deliberate disruption which won't help any of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Hopefully Jerry Fish announces soon, so we can leave the clashfinder chat behind us..

I don't think halvin over at clashfinder makes any money out of it. Its a labour of love for him and a sideline project to his day job. He asks for donations to pay for hosting costs as there is no advertising at all https://clashfinder.com/donate/ I have thrown in a few quid over the years. Not a "money-earner". Not wikipedia-like at all.

yep, the site goes down every now and again when he runs out of money for hosting.
    he used to post on efestivals every now and again too, seems like a nice guy.

they didn't remove anything, you can see in the history logs that it was normal users who did all that.
    you clearly have absolutely no idea about the site or how it works.
    Ah hey man, no need for an argument. Clashfinder is run along Wiki*edia lines, there's much trust but they have to intervene if people muck about as you have with RTJ, etc. I'd just hope that people allow Clashfinder & posters to do their job and we'll end up again having the most accurate stage times list for EP 2017.

I agree that not a money earner but they need cash for costs. I've also thrown in cash as they've helped me out.

However Wiki*edia is run on exactly the same lines. It's non-profit and has posters edit info as well as the site staff checking stuff. Both have to monitor the site or their reputations get shredded.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Apparently Daughter were listed to play EP on ents24 before it was taken down again, maybe they're part of the next announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

YEAH WHAT YER MAN SAID ABOUT CLASHFINDER I COMPLETELY AGREE, I WANT TO TAKE PART IN THIS, THE LONELINESS IS CRIPPLING...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Apparently Daughter were listed to play EP on ents24 before it was taken down again, maybe they're part of the next announcement

please make it so!

Any chance of The Clashfinders playing the Saturday dance slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

D.Q wrote: »

Along with Kicking Teenagers, that'd be daycent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

D.Q wrote: »

They are on after The Chainsmokers..

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Jerry Fish supposed to be today ,isn't it?

mgkelly wrote: »
    Jerry Fish supposed to be today ,isn't it?
    Yeah. Maybe on his Facebook page, but not there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Who are The Clashfinders?

An argumentative bunch of online posters from a small republic state on the western edge of Europe. Nashville C&W covers a speciality.

• Advertisement

me and Seathrun66 doing battle raps

Advertisement