Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

me and Seethrun66 doing battle raps
    Spokenword tent (aka Marty Mulligan's Mullingar Embassy) over at the Mindfield for this event perhaps?!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    That's cool. I'd suggested Bowie. It'll stay up for while but will be removed pre-fest. You can see it as a challenge to disrupt the site but it'll end up being accurate anyway unless there's some deliberate disruption which won't help any of us.

I think the point is that everything that's there now is "wild speculation". They have no inside sources it's just user edits taking a stab.

Looking at a clashfinder now and organising any sort of schedule for your festival is pointless.

I absolutely rely on it from the Wednesday pre-EP onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

An argumentative bunch of online posters from a small republic state on the western edge of Europe. Nashville C&W covers a speciality.

I heard Halvin has been coming out for some encores on this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

D.Q wrote: »
    An argumentative bunch of online posters from a small republic state on the western edge of Europe. Nashville C&W covers a speciality.

Halvin Carris

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

GidCudi wrote: »
    D.Q wrote: »

Halvin Carris
    Very good! I do love me 'spoonerisms'! Drive my family mad with them - Com Truise, Wevie Stonder to name a couple that are actual artists!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Pretty poor in fairness

Kormac, Interference, The Strypes and many more are Stradbally bound!
    Returning for the fifth year, Jerry Fish’s majestic, magnificent and at moments chilling Electric Sideshow delivers all manner of musical pleasures and awes. The unique area promises everything from circus, cabaret, burlesque and sideshow performers from the U.K. and Ireland, to some of the hottest acts around.

Including the fairest ringmaster of them all, Jerry Fish himself who is renowned for his extraordinary performances! This year's line-up includes Irish producer Kormac, the legendary Interference, Picnic regulars Frank and Walters, one of Europe's leading drummers R.S.A.G, electronic producer Bantum and The Blizzards. Also set to appear are up-and-coming acts such as Farah Elle, Wolff and Jem Mitchell.

The Electric Sideshow wouldn't be complete without its dandy concotion of carnival sideshow theatre, so expect performances from drag icon Veda and The Witches, pole-dancing extraordinaire Terri Fierce, burlesque performers Pony Girls and Foxy P.Cox.

The The Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow promises once again to be a highlight of this year’s Picnic, delivering three debauched days and nights of mind blowing, soul bending entertainment.

[font=futura-pt, "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif]Kormac, Interference, The Strypes and many more are Stradbally bound![/font]
    [font=futura-pt, "Trebuchet MS", Helvetica, sans-serif]Returning for the fifth year, Jerry Fish’s majestic, magnificent and at moments chilling Electric Sideshow delivers all manner of musical pleasures and awes. The unique area promises everything from circus, cabaret, burlesque and sideshow performers from the U.K. and Ireland, to some of the hottest acts around.
    Including the fairest ringmaster of them all, Jerry Fish himself who is renowned for his extraordinary performances! This year's line-up includes Irish producer Kormac, the legendary Interference, Picnic regulars Frank and Walters, one of Europe's leading drummers R.S.A.G, electronic producer Bantum and The Blizzards. Also set to appear are up-and-coming acts such as Farah ElleWolff and Jem Mitchell.
    The Electric Sideshow wouldn't be complete without its dandy concotion of carnival sideshow theatre, so expect performances from drag icon Veda and The Witches, pole-dancing extraordinaire Terri Fierce, burlesque performers  Pony Girls and Foxy P.Cox. 
    The The Jerry Fish Electric Sideshow promises once again to be a highlight of this year’s Picnic, delivering three debauched days and nights of mind blowing, soul bending entertainment.
    [/font]

It's not too bad. Need to explore some of the names. Like RSAG. Love Frank & Walters. Think I've heard some Kormac stuff. C'est tout! Don't recognise the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Shocked to the core with The Strypes and TFAW...
    the mariachi band will be worth a pretend to see while the Pony club wander around.

...oh, The Blizzards! Know them a little. And The Strypes, of course, Saw them before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The Fontaines are along the lines of the Vaccines.
    Wolff is along the lines of rag n bone man.

TBH, i'm not gonna bother researching any of the ones i don't know because if it's like the last few years, sound at that tent is a joke, as it's drowned out by the boom boom from E-lites.

If that's the case, I won't bother with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Wow just checked seatwave, donedeal and adverts.
    Literally loads of tickets for sale, hell even seatwave has them for cost price.

Never seen it like this at this stage before, only a couple of years ago people were buying them for €500 each

Will be interesting to see how tickets sell for next years event before the lineup is announced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

No le galaxie, Dublin hipster ukulele orchestra or Trinity student orchestra doing covers this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Wow just checked seatwave, donedeal and adverts.
    Literally loads of tickets for sale, hell even seatwave has them for cost price.

Never seen it like this at this stage before, only a couple of years ago people were buying them for €500 each

It's the lack of "big name" headline acts. There will be a surge in demand if the final announcement contains some big names I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Peter File wrote: »
    No le galaxie, Dublin hipster ukulele orchestra or Trinity student orchestra doing covers this year?

Ukulele Orchestra confirmed at Castlepalooza that they'll be performing
    The Trailer park I would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Be delighted if Le Galaxie got confirmed in the last announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

That's a bit disappointing, Jerry. I had my heart set on Dave Couse this year. Not much there grabbing my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    That's a bit disappointing, Jerry. I had my heart set on Dave Couse this year. Not much there grabbing my attention.

I second that, would love to see Couse again. And preferably less grumpy than he was last time.
    Any chance of him ever reforming his band?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

GidCudi wrote: »
    Halvin Carris

showpony will be thrilled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Can buses go all the way to the event or is it like Slane and they drop us a good half hour walk or so from the event?

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    Can buses go all the way to the event or is it like Slane and they drop us a good half hour walk or so from the event?

Coaches drop you right outside the entrance to Warhol & Hendrix campsites. Smaller queue to get onsite than at the main entrance (I've twice got from coach to camping ground in 15 mins) and the buses are allowed to use a different route to cars that's much faster.
    Coaches are very handy indeed, also easy for getting off site on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Coaches drop you right outside the entrance to Warhol & Hendrix campsites. Smaller queue to get onsite than at the main entrance and the buses are allowed to use a different route to cars that's much faster.

It would be a private coach, not the one organised by eEP themselves, so would they still be allowed?

Wing126 wrote: »
    Coaches drop you right outside the entrance to Warhol & Hendrix campsites. Smaller queue to get onsite than at the main entrance and the buses are allowed to use a different route to cars that's much faster.

It would be a private coach, not the one organised by eEP themselves, so would they still be allowed?

Not absolutely sure. It's the Bus Eireann & Marathon coaches that I've used in the past. But I'm pretry sure there were other coaches from private firms there. Check with the provider.

Has been far quicker than when we've driven. Recommended. Though not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

BigMo1 wrote: »
    It's the lack of "big name" headline acts. There will be a surge in demand if the final announcement contains some big names I'd imagine.

Eh that ship has sailed, they won't be any "big name" announcements

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

For those wondering. The Final main stage announcement was Aug 19th last year. In relative terms that would be next Friday.
    It was SKepta, James Bay, BellX1, ABC, Walking on Cars Lightning Seeds and Ryan Sheridan and some other then smaller acts which included Oh Wonder and Fangclub

We can argue the toss, but there wont be many very big hitters if its similar

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Oisin1001

Heineken stage lineup announced (via this tweet).

The Magician
    Tough Love
    DJ Yoda
    Bon Voyage
    Orange Tree Edits
    Lo Cutz
    Nancy
    Fulton & Gold
    Mona Lxsa
    Claire Beck
    Tara Stewart
    Lui Rwego
    Davey B
    Bobofunk
    Betty Jimenez

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I wonder if DJ Yoda will be doing his Stranger Things soundtrack set that he's done at a few other festivals and gigs lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I wonder if DJ Yoda will be doing his Stranger Things soundtrack set that he's done at a few other festivals and gigs lately?

I would love that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

That would be class. It would probably be my first time heading to the Heineken stage. I didn't even know it was called a "stage" until now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

that would be worth a jaunt into whatever magical place they whisk us away to this year.

Advertisement