Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

The Strypes seem to have disappeared from Jerry fish, but Glen Hansard has popped up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Other Voices have added Wyvern Lingo. I know they're playing around fairly regularly, but they are up there with my favourite Irish acts at the minute, glad to see them added.

These charming Men have Saturday down on their website for EP, that's going to upset the kicking teenagers some bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Poorside wrote: »
    The Strypes seem to have disappeared from Jerry fish, but Glen Hansard has popped up
    So they have. Weird. I'd like to see Glen, though. Maybe he'll squeeze the rest of the Frames into his guitar case. Interference should certainly be worth a look now.

Poorside wrote: »
    These charming Men have Saturday down on their website for EP, that's going to upset the kicking teenagers some bit.
    ****e. That was really coming together.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    So they have. Weird. I'd like to see Glen, though. Maybe he'll squeeze the rest of the Frames into his guitar case. Interference should certainly be worth a look now.

Saw him a few weeks back with Eddie Vedder, was an outstanding gig.

Phoenix down for the Saturday as well, could clash with ATCQ, think I'd head over to EA if they do clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

stead wrote: »
    Anybody have a nice list of stuff to bring?

define "stuff"

Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    think a poppier and more accessible Ezra Furman.

Watched him last year, really did not take to the lad at all, that PG chap seems a lot more fun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

Dosent seem to be like a Glen Hansard show though. Damn would love to see him with the frames lads again. The anniversary show at the main stage in 2010 was amazing. It was basically the set list album with a few newer ones thrown in. And I think it was also the first time the aul triangle was performed by them live. What a show!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

think a poppier and more accessible Ezra Furman.

Watched him last year, really did not take to the lad at all, that PG chap seems a lot more fun
    Caught him on the Cosby Stage & really enjoyed him. But yeah, an acquired taste. Heard his later set at the Body & Soul was poor.
    And I agree, PG was more fun three years ago & should be again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Caught him on the Cosby Stage & really enjoyed him. But yeah, an acquired taste. Heard his later set at the Body & Soul was poor.
    And I agree, PG was more fun three years ago & should be again.

I caught half the set in Cosby and really enjoyed it too. B&S was a great setting for him later on but he seemed to be in a foul mood and came across as a bit of a diva, was a poor show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

I made an appeal on EPs Jerry fish announcement thread for a Fight like Apes set for old times sake, one can hope! ðŸ’ðŸ’ðŸ’

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

define "stuff"

88c9a807bdcff9e569ba0bb00b15a777.png

Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KarenMc651

Parked last year in the red car pack and walked the 30 min walk with a 15kilo tent + my bag to the spot saved for me in Jimi only to see a sign for a yellow car park above my spot. Would've been a five minute walk instead if I could've parked there. Does anyone know how to get into it or if its for camping ticket holders at all? Would Save a lot of dragging equipment. I've been on the website but haven't found anything really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Perfume Genius i'm not familiar with, what's the deal with him?

Perfume Genius is absolutely brilliant but I reckon it 100% comes down to where he performs.

Body & Soul a few years ago was ideal for him but Rankins/Little Big Tent the previous year was awful.

That said, though, he has gotten a bit bigger, louder, etc since then - first few albums were basically just him and a piano. He has a hell of a voice, great stage presence and a long list of great songs now though - check out Hood, Queen, I Decline, Lookout Lookout, Slip Away and Otherside for a full overview.

He guested on a Christine and the Queens track too and performed it with her at Longitude last year. One of the highlights of an exceptional show for me.
    endainoz wrote: »
    Dosent seem to be like a Glen Hansard show though. Damn would love to see him with the frames lads again. The anniversary show at the main stage in 2010 was amazing. It was basically the set list album with a few newer ones thrown in. And I think it was also the first time the aul triangle was performed by them live. What a show!

Glen tends to fill in where Fergus O'Farrell used to be for Interference before he passed away so it could be that he will do something in that regard?

That said, when you get Glen, he tends to stick around so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few acoustic hits of his own even if he was there primarily for Interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Folks. Turns out I will be driving 4 mates to the picnic this year. I reckon space will be tight for all the bags and drink etc so I was considering hiring or buying a Roof Rack and box. My mates said they will split the cost with me for it. Anybody know of any cheap places to buy or hire one? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

KarenMc651 wrote: »
    Parked last year in the red car pack and walked the 30 min walk with a 15kilo tent + my bag to the spot saved for me in Jimi only to see a sign for a yellow car park above my spot. Would've been a five minute walk instead if I could've parked there. Does anyone know how to get into it or if its for camping ticket holders at all? Would Save a lot of dragging equipment. I've been on the website but haven't found anything really.

If you come from the south of Stradbally you will get directed to the Yellow Car park, so from Athy or Carlow direction. I parked there last year and it was really quick to get in.

Perfume Genius is absolutely brilliant but I reckon it 100% comes down to where he performs.

Body & Soul a few years ago was ideal for him but Rankins/Little Big Tent the previous year was awful.

That said, though, he has gotten a bit bigger, louder, etc since then - first few albums were basically just him and a piano. He has a hell of a voice, great stage presence and a long list of great songs now though - check out Hood, Queen, I Decline, Lookout Lookout, Slip Away and Otherside for a full overview.

He guested on a Christine and the Queens track too and performed it with her at Longitude last year. One of the highlights of an exceptional show for me.

Glen tends to fill in where Fergus O'Farrell used to be for Interference before he passed away so it could be that he will do something in that regard?

That said, when you get Glen, he tends to stick around so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few acoustic hits of his own even if he was there primarily for Interference.

Other Voices special guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

That or a fairly decent possibility of the Frames being added. Going on Bell X1 last year, they are at the right level for the third announcement. Third from top on Main Stage one of the nights or main act in EA. They have nothing else in Ireland this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Still hoping for James, or Feeder, or someone of that ilk....

That or a fairly decent possibility of the Frames being added. Going on Bell X1 last year, they are at the right level for the third announcement. Third from top on Main Stage one of the nights or main act in EA. They have nothing else in Ireland this year.

Well that would make the weekend for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

everlast75 wrote: »
    Still hoping for James, or Feeder, or someone of that ilk....

The literal English language translation of the word "Feeder" from Welsh is ''eternally cursed to play the 3pm slot on the main stage of every festival''

• Registered Users Posts: 13 summer02

Interpol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

summer02 wrote: »
    Interpol

Yes?

Snarky Snark Snark

21 sleeps Ladies & Germs, 21 sleeps.

Time to get yer arses in training for mongo walks if you've not done it yet, get walking / jogging / bending the elbow / pogo'ing like an utter loon.

You need to be able to move it move it for 3 days remember.

I highly recommend sleeping on a a combination of snooker balls and ice cubes for the next while in order to aclimatise

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

My training starts with Stendhal festival tonight, nice wee warm up for picnic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Can anyone recommend a tent for this? I plan on getting a good nights sleep as I don't enjoy anything when I'm tired (I'm already trying hard enough as it is to get excited about going to this) and I don't want to spend a fortune. 2 people will use the tent but I'd rather get a 4 man tent for storage space. Any suggestions are appreciated :D

Get a blow up mattress. I can't camp without one - the discovery of this changed camping for me forever. Nothing worse then waking up and finding out there are moles in the field and will keep making bumps underneath your sleeping bag for the craic (Germany). They are super easy to pack, blow up and just worth the decent sleep.

Now. This would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

21 sleeps Ladies & Germs, 21 sleeps.

Time to get yer arses in training for mongo walks if you've not done it yet, get walking / jogging / bending the elbow / pogo'ing like an utter loon.

You need to be able to move it move it for 3 days remember.

I highly recommend sleeping on a a combination of snooker balls and ice cubes for the next while in order to aclimatise

No joke, I started the walking training yesterday. It's amazing how unused to it you can get, I'd cycle a lot but then walking still wrecks me.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    No joke, I started the walking training yesterday. It's amazing how unused to it you can get, I'd cycle a lot but then walking still wrecks me.

I do the gym and odd cycle when i can be arsed but not done serious walking in a good while, over the last week and a bit i've started doing 10km walks in anger each evening to get the legs and arse used to it again, legs were utterly ****ed the first day.

Advertisement