Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

maximoose wrote: »
    My training starts with Stendhal festival tonight, nice wee warm up for picnic :)
    Envious. That looks like a great wee fest. Ash & Echobelly would have been most welcome at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

It's not just the walking, gotta train those quads for all the stepping over those damned tent strings.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Aldi do a good 4 man for about 35 quid, they normally stock them coming up to the big festivals.

https://www.aldi.ie/adventuridge-dome-tent/p/094776145929900

I got that one this year, put it up to inspect for holes, but of practise etc. It's huge! Double skinned too which is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Lzmunky wrote: »
    I got that one this year, put it up to inspect for holes, but of practise etc. It's huge! Double skinned too which is a must.

Yeah a friend of mine picked one up in 2014 i think for Body & Soul and has been using it ever since, a steal at the price according to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Only 21 sleeps :P  Having been at Castelpalooza last weekend I cant wait , (by the way there was an increased / heavy garda & K9  presence at it so be warned for EP those of you who REALLY like trenchtown or disco dust and like to BYO;) )

Also hoping James and Fangclub could be in last additions of lineup, Buffalo Sunn would be very good too if not already added.  Ride to return would be ideal but I am under no illusions.......Ash a great call also from Seathrun66

I put together my 2017 plan as I was bored
    I'll be camping in ECO close to Red carpark based on last year map  so going to leave all my clothes, Brekkie beers ( orchards thieves), food, More Water, solpadeines, and a couple of naggins of vodka in the car, hopefully only a 10-15 minute walk if I get parking sorted in Red.

"JUST" bringing a tent ( that aldi one at 35 was great last year even with all the rain it stayed totally dry), sleeping bag, inflatible pillow and inflatible mattress, 1 real pillow, beer x 24, 1L of vodka to split into small bottles to sneak into main area,  2L of water,solpadeines, rucksack and a cooler (so I have nice cold ones for salty dog, might manage a stout or 6 that way). 

Car keys bankcard phone and some cash will be kept on me at all times

Just the small matter of cramming all the work I would do on 1st September and 4th September into Aug 31st 5pm to midnight  AGAIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

some good stuff announced for Mindfield
    the Summer of Punk talk gives me hope we might see a heritage punk band announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Poorside wrote: »
    some good stuff announced for Mindfield
    the Summer of Punk talk gives me hope we might see a heritage punk band announced.

Iggy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

(by the way there was an increased / heavy garda & K9  presence at it so be warned for EP those of you who REALLY like trenchtown or disco dust and like to BYO;) )

Just out of curiousity, was this inside or on the way? My friend wants to know :P

Mindfield announced. TBH not all that much that appeals this year.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/mindfield-presents-creative-states

It doesn't seem to be a popular area for posters here but there's much to recommend it. Have seen some decent sessions from Lisa Hannigan, Liam O'Maonlai, The Fat Lady Sings & others in there. Great chats from the likes of Leftfield, Stranglers & Blondie in the Hot Press tent. Interviews with writers such as Irvine Welsh, John Banville, Michael D Higgins, Colum McCann, etc. 

Nice little cafes in there and it's a very relaxing place to sit in the afternoon. Works for oldies.

It also has what I consider the best three food stalls right beside the entrance -Rathmullan House (expensive, nice seafood linguine though), Kinara Kitchen & Kanum (great green curry).

Give the area a try. Not for all, but it's a nice break from the main arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

kg703 wrote: »
    (by the way there was an increased / heavy garda & K9  presence at it so be warned for EP those of you who REALLY like trenchtown or disco dust and like to BYO;) )

Just out of curiousity, was this inside or on the way? My friend wants to know :P
    Inside , on laneway after main entrance on day1 and in general all around main walkways and camping area.
    It just seemed OTT for a very small festival

• Advertisement

Inside , on laneway after main entrance on day1 and in general all around main walkways and camping area.
    It just seemed OTT for a very small festival

I've had a few friends get into a bit of trouble at Castlepalooza. Never had any issues at EP though.

D.Q wrote: »
    Iggy

Stiff Little Fingers are knocking about:D

Iggy

Stiff Little Fingers are knocking about:D
    Long long overdue an EP slot.

Seathrun66 wrote: »

It doesn't seem to be a popular area for posters here but there's much to recommend it. Have seen some decent sessions from Lisa Hannigan, Liam O'Maonlai, The Fat Lady Sings & others in there. Great chats from the likes of Leftfield, Stranglers & Blondie in the Hot Press tent. Interviews with writers such as Irvine Welsh, John Banville, Michael D Higgins, Colum McCann, etc. 

Nice little cafes in there and it's a very relaxing place to sit in the afternoon. Works for oldies.

It also has what I consider the best three food stalls right beside the entrance -Rathmullan House (though expensive, nice seafood linguine though), Kinara Kitchen & Kanum (great green curry).

had a great chat with Julian Cope in there a few years back, the guy loves Limerick and could name mayors going back to the 1800's, ran away from Miriam o Callaghan at the prosseco bar there in case I got her pregnant by looking at her...

I've had a few friends get into a bit of trouble at Castlepalooza. Never had any issues at EP though.

Madness! Damn those crazy kids and their disco dust!

kg703 wrote: »
    Madness! Damn those crazy kids and their disco dust!

fish gotta swim

fish gotta swim

Unicorns have to fly

It also has what I consider the best three food stalls right beside the entrance -Rathmullan House (though expensive, nice seafood linguine though), Kinara Kitchen & Kanum (great green curry).

had a great chat with Julian Cope in there a few years back, the guy loves Limerick and could name mayors going back to the 1800's, ran away from Miriam o Callaghan at the prosseco bar there in case I got her pregnant by looking at her...

My fave comment of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Whats the deal on pumping up the Airbeds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Graham1978 wrote: »

There's usually a guy selling inflatable chairs & beds that'll inflate it for you for a couple of quid.

On a side note and at the risk of coming across as an Aldi fanboy but if you're looking for a good nights kip at a festival these can't be beaten:

https://www.aldi.ie/adventuridge-camping-bed/p/094812145930900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MMadXK3.gif

Mine came with a footpump. Takes about 5/10 minutes of watching my husband do it. Tiring work.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

It doesn't seem to be a popular area for posters here but there's much to recommend it. ....

It also has what I consider the best three food stalls right beside the entrance -Rathmullan House (expensive, nice seafood linguine though), Kinara Kitchen & Kanum (great green curry).

I second this but keep it on the down-low!! ;) It's an oasis of calm on the Sunday in there.
    Also the Newstalk tent has comfy seats to watch sport/ heckle George Hook & the Mk2 Off the Ball fellas from!!
    Indeed you'll find lots of B List Irish Celebs to abuse/ appreciate floating about that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

On a side note and at the risk of coming across as an Aldi fanboy but if you're looking for a good nights kip at a festival these can't be beaten:

https://www.aldi.ie/adventuridge-camping-bed/p/094812145930900

I see your Aldi bed and raise you... https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Kitchen/Intex-Headboard-Raised-Airbed-Fiber-Technology-Built/B010MO7CBS/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1502462419&sr=8-26&keywords=Airbed

Then run a cable from the nearest generator into the tent and electricity all weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Got confirmed today for advance volunteering, yippee, looking forward to this final announcement now although there is plenty in there already.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Got confirmed today for advance volunteering, yippee, looking forward to this final announcement now although there is plenty in there already.

Congrats Bodrandude:)

Any chance of a boardsies meet up at These Charming Men, or the debacle of previous attempts still too fresh?

Great news man. Hope it's another special fest for you. And with a Galway hurling title on the Sunday to add to the buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

My wine box I'm going to use as a cooler bag in my beer cooler has arrived. Had a taste, quite nice as well. Sure some needed to be drank to let it expand a bit haha.

Advertisement