Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Any chance of a boardsies meet up at These Charming Men, or the debacle of previous attempts still too fresh?

I think they are playing Saturday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Wish I brought that wheelbarrow home last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Any chance of a boardsies meet up at These Charming Men, or the debacle of previous attempts still too fresh?

Dear god, do we actually need to see what we look like in real life?

Just look for "the balding, pale, probably a little past it, a little heavy on the tummy , likely with some dodgy facial growth that our other halves have given up on getting rid of blokes in faded old cargo shorts with a too tight t-shirt, can of larger in hand and a grimace of roads not taken in life" and you'd probably be close to the mark for what we actually look like.

Personally I'm just ****ing gorgeous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Dear god, do we actually need to see what we look like in real life?

Just look for "the balding, pale, probably a little past it, a little heavy on the tummy , likely with some dodgy facial growth that our other halves have given up on getting rid of blokes in faded old cargo shorts with a too tight t-shirt, can of larger in hand and a grimace of roads not taken in life" and you'd probably be close to the mark for what we actually look like.

Personally I'm just ****ing gorgeous though.

I'll be there hopefully in my bright yellow Aphex Twin t-shirt :):)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

I'll be there hopefully in my bright yellow Aphex Twin t-shirt :):)

for the sake of all concerned, wearing pants too i hope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

I didnt realise how good Bicep were, really enjoying their stuff, especially this one. Anything other nice electronic music I should check out (already know about Kiasmos)?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

kg703 wrote: »
    Just out of curiousity, was this inside or on the way? My friend wants to know :P

Few plain clothes doing the rounds around the campsite early Sunday afternoon @ Body&Soul. In case your friend was looking for additional information.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Few plain clothes doing the rounds around the campsite early Sunday afternoon @ Body&Soul. In case your friend was looking for additional information.

They'd make you sick, in all honesty. There's much worse out there than a bit of indulgence at a festival.

In other news, have it on good authority one of my favourite bands, Ween, are going to be in the next announcement.

Source: dream I had last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Wow just checked seatwave, donedeal and adverts.
    Literally loads of tickets for sale, hell even seatwave has them for cost price.

Never seen it like this at this stage before, only a couple of years ago people were buying them for €500 each

Will be interesting to see how tickets sell for next years event before the lineup is announced

:cool:
    BigMo1 wrote: »
    It's the lack of "big name" headline acts. There will be a surge in demand if the final announcement contains some big names I'd imagine.

Isn't is crazy how imaginary peaks and troughs are created even though facts and figures remain pretty much constant every year, a bit like news reports on house prices.
    The ticket cycle is the same every year!! Even the year Blur played possibly the most "media hyped" of all! 5 weeks to go tickets up on done deal etc. for crazy amounts, 3 weeks to go, back to normal price or less, I know well as I was selling a ticket that year. (btw Advertised and actual agreed selling price are two very different things)

Have a look back over the "headliners" from previous years!! Guess what you won't find big headliner names there either!!.

On a side note, Some of the powers that be couldn't get tickets for a gaa match, finally discovered what seatwave was :confused: so I can see them closing in on seatwave soon.

I do the gym and odd cycle when i can be arsed but not done serious walking in a good while, over the last week and a bit i've started doing 10km walks in anger each evening to get the legs and arse used to it again, legs were utterly ****ed the first day.

Yep my phone tracked me as doing 20km on the sat last rear. Off the cuff I would have said this was too high, but I did track one day using map my run a few years back and it was similar. Get a wet year its equivalent to doing a marathon in wellies.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Figured 10-15km would be about right for the days, have a fitness band with gps, thinking of using it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I had a small newborn with me at EP last year, so my step stats were way lower than usual, but here's what my GPS band said about 2015:

XWHXwLo.png

That Saturday peak is about 21km, so there's about 60km or so over the entire weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Oh and I was in Pink Moon that weekend too, so I didn't even have to walk far from the tent to the arena!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

My fitness tracker said I did 36k over the weekend. So just shy of a marathon. Would've been more but for the rain.

Of course any benefits were offset by the amount of food and alcohol that was consumed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

If you factor in the core benefits of all that teenager-kicking, we'll be in some shape come the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

The line up is good but the food is always the highlight for me.

Homefries (potatos with toppings, sounds plain but is amazing )
    Wood fired pizza (no restaurants in my town do them)
    Strawberries with marshmallows and melted chocolate, yum!

3 courses of goodness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The line up is good but the food is always the highlight for me.

Homefries (potatos with toppings, sounds plain but is amazing )
    Wood fired pizza (no restaurants in my town do them)
    Strawberries with marshmallows and melted chocolate, yum!

3 courses of goodness :)

I mean I like food but if the food is the highlight, you're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I mean I like food but if the food is the highlight, you're doing it wrong.

There's some right weirdos out there.

Mr.S wrote: »
    The blatant undercover drug squad at EP are hillarious :D

Ya think! My mate got stopped and stripped searched just after the wrist band exchange we were almost at the forest road/dirt track, guy came up, regular punter looking, late 20's flashed a badge and took him off to a garda tent. Actually thought it was a joke at first, but was legit!! Never in a million years would I have suspected this guy.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Check the Friday morning tbh.

Praying for sun. just one year. please

EP weather tends to be decent enough, it was a bit dampish last year but wasn't downright awful either, the last wettish EP before then was 2011 and the wet Sunday of 2010.

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Ya think! My mate got stopped and stripped searched just after the wrist band exchange we were almost at the forest road/dirt track, guy came up, regular punter looking, late 20's flashed a badge and took him off to a garda tent. Actually thought it was a joke at first, but was legit!! Never in a million years would I have suspected this guy.

Thats a bit much you'd think he would let yer man smoke a few doobies first before busting him, hopefully they didn't get anything on him and the stash was still in the car. Its just annoying that you would get frisked before having a chance to put the tent up.

Jaysus would be so looking forward to seeing this if he was playing EP, I ask again, why Forbidden Fruit and not EP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Thats a bit much you'd think he would let yer man smoke a few doobies first before busting him, hopefully they didn't get anything on him and the stash was still in the car. Its just annoying that you would get frisked before having a chance to put the tent up.

If he had Gardai waiting for him right after entry, you'd imagine it was more than a few doobies involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Trying to find out if we'll be restricted with the size of bag we can take into the main arena this year. I have my "festival" bag I've been using for years but fear I may have to retire it this year!!!

Most gigs going that way now and I think Indiependence last weekend had the "No backpack and A4" size rule...

Messaged EP and emailed FR but no reply yet.
    Anyone on here with links to the festival have any idea????

For anyone who, like myself, will need to re-think their "festival" bag I just got the following reply from Festival Republic regarding my question on bag sizes allowed in main area...

"Thank you for your email. Large bags and backpacks will not be allowed in to the Arena, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm x 11.7in/29.7cm) will be permitted into the Arena. Bags smaller than A4 will be searched on entry to the Arena. Please keep an eye on our website and social media channels for information updates.

This will apply to all customers.

Kind Regards,
    Electric Picnic team"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »

Thats a bit much you'd think he would let yer man smoke a few doobies first before busting him, hopefully they didn't get anything on him and the stash was still in the car.  Its just annoying that you would get frisked before having a chance to put the tent up.
    Police figures from 2016 - 7 arrests, 270 found with drugs. And that's over 4 days if you count the campervan people arriving on Thursday night and police checks on the Monday morning.

55,000 people there plus another 5,000 (at a guess) staff & artists and they arrested 2 people per night.

Seems like a major waste of police resources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

If they found 270 people with drugs but only arrested 7, doesn't that indicate a very relaxed approach to enforcement?

If they found 270 people with drugs but only arrested 7, doesn't that indicate a very relaxed approach to enforcement?
    Or an even more relaxed evening back at Portlaoise Garda HQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i think they give people caught for personal use a court summons and let them on their way. it definitely used to be the case that there'd be loads of people in Portlaoise courthouse some day a few months later for possession of drugs at EP.
    pretty much the whole day was EP people.

I presume the arrests are for possession with intent to supply.

i think they give people caught for personal use a court summons and let them on their way. it definitely used to be the case that there'd be loads of people in Portlaoise courthouse some day a few months later for possession of drugs at EP.
    pretty much the whole day was EP people.

I presume the arrests are for possession with intent to supply.
    They've also arrested a few people for theft in the past. But given how much stuff disappears at EP they don't seem to have much prowess at this. 

Maybe shift the drug squad onto something useful, like say lifeguard work at the lake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

5ive and S club party announced for electric Ireland

Advertisement