Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    They've also arrested a few people for theft in the past. But given how much stuff disappears at EP they don't seem to have much prowess at this. 

Maybe shift the drug squad onto something useful, say lifeguard work at the lake?

What are you proposing, no Gardai at the picnic??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I mean I like food but if the food is the highlight, you're doing it wrong.

You say that, come back when you have a baby - Body and Soul and EP are the only times of the year I actually get to eat top quality restaurant food anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

MJohnston wrote: »
    You say that, come back when you have a baby - Body and Soul and EP are the only times of the year I actually get to eat top quality restaurant food anymore!

So after the kicking teenagers we head round to Kinara Kitchen and swap parenting war stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

If he had Gardai waiting for him right after entry, you'd imagine it was more than a few doobies involved.

I dont understand your comment? It was right at entry, are you suggesting the Guards had prior intellegence on him. Funny enough the police helicopter was above watching him :P:P

No it was completely random! He had a couple of pre rolled doobs, the Guard just took them off him and sent him on his way. He didn't get a summons, I'm guessing the fact they were pre rolled rather than a clear bag of weed made it too much work for the guard + qty was low.

But yes a major waste of resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

eplady2017 wrote: »
    For anyone who, like myself, will need to re-think their "festival" bag I just got the following reply from Festival Republic regarding my question on bag sizes allowed in main area...

"Thank you for your email. Large bags and backpacks will not be allowed in to the Arena, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm x 11.7in/29.7cm) will be permitted into the Arena. Bags smaller than A4 will be searched on entry to the Arena. Please keep an eye on our website and social media channels for information updates.

This will apply to all customers.

Kind Regards,
    Electric Picnic team"

Do you think this will apply to those with performer wristbands as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

gandalfio wrote: »
    Do you think this will apply to those with performer wristbands as well?

I'd doubt if security will care.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    They've also arrested a few people for theft in the past. But given how much stuff disappears at EP they don't seem to have much prowess at this. 

Maybe shift the drug squad onto something useful, say lifeguard work at the lake?

What are you proposing, no Gardai at the picnic??
    Resources focused on theft & violence, not minor drug use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I dont understand your comment? It was right at entry, are you suggesting the Guards had prior intellegence on him. Funny enough the police helicopter was above watching him :P:P

No it was completely random! He had a couple of pre rolled doobs, the Guard just took them off him and sent him on his way. He didn't get a summons, I'm guessing the fact they were pre rolled rather than a clear bag of weed made it too much work for the guard + qty was low.

But yes a major waste of resources.

Let's recap.

The Gardai plucked your mate out as he's coming in, totally at random from 50,000 odd entrants, STRIP SEARCHED him with no probable cause and then lo and behold, he was carrying drugs.

I think we'll agree that's unlikely?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

D.Q wrote: »
    They'd make you sick, in all honesty. There's much worse out there than a bit of indulgence at a festival.

In other news, have it on good authority one of my favourite bands, Ween, are going to be in the next announcement.

Source: dream I had last night.

And it was pure a matter of "you'll get your 200 yo-yo fine in the post enjoy the rest of your weekend". Massage the monthly figures job.

Ween sound promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

In other news, have it on good authority one of my favourite bands, Ween, are going to be in the next announcement.

Source: dream I had last night.

Yep 4 hour B&S takeover on Friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So I'm just trying to narrow down what could be in the last main announcement, Electric fields in Scotland has Frightened Rabbit, Dizzee Rascal, Jesus and the Mary Chain, Band of Horses (Who I think is in the EP line up), Arab Strap and Peter Hook and the Light among others. EF happening on the same weekend.

Another festival in Scotland Midstock festival in Edinburgh has The Skids, Feeder, Hot Dub Time Machine, Judge Jules and The Time Frequency amongst others.

Manchester Psych Festival occurring on Saturday 2nd September have Teleman, Flamingods and The Telescopes among others (Don't know any of these acts.)

Wilkstoke Festival in Hertford, England 1st - 4th Sept has Razorlight, Black Waters, The Wholls, 485C, Carl Barat and the Jackals, The Sherlocks and Yak amongst others.

This is just a round up of some of the festivals on the same weekend as EP featured on the Skiddle page, no doubt there is some acts from FN6, Bestival and End of the Road too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

So I'm just trying to narrow down what could be in the last main announcement, Electric fields in Scotland has Frightened Rabbit, Dizzee Rascal, Jesus and the Mary Chain, Band of Horses (Who I think is in the EP line up), Arab Strap and Peter Hook and the Light among others.  EF happening on the same weekend.  

Another festival in Scotland Midstock festival in Edinburgh has The Skids, Feeder, Hot Dub Time Machine, Judge Jules and The Time Frequency amongst others.  

Manchester Psych Festival occurring on Saturday 2nd September have Teleman,  Flamingods and The Telescopes among others (Don't know any of these acts.)

Wilkstoke Festival in Hertford, England 1st - 4th Sept has Razorlight, Black Waters, The Wholls, 485C, Carl Barat and the Jackals, The Sherlocks and Yak amongst others.

This is just a round up of some of the festivals on the same weekend as EP featured on the Skiddle page, no doubt there is some acts from FN6, Bestival and End of the Road too.

Yes please to the highlighted. Teleman used to be Pete & the Pirates, very catchy pop & very good live. A Marc Riley favourite. Telescopes are a late-80s English psychedelic crew, very noisy & very decent live. Caught them supporting Portishead 7/8 years ago, they'd go down very well at EP. Don't know Flamingods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

So I'm just trying to narrow down what could be in the last main announcement, Electric fields in Scotland has Frightened Rabbit, Dizzee Rascal, Jesus and the Mary Chain, Band of Horses (Who I think is in the EP line up), Arab Strap and Peter Hook and the Light among others. EF happening on the same weekend.
    Frightened Rabbit are one of my favourite bands, would be amazing if they were announced (probably would clash with one of the already large number of great acts on the line up )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Must be the final main announcement 2m
    La galaxie have put up that they have news 2m with a pic of them at electric picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Le Galaxie posted a picture of their gig at EP 2013 on their instagram just now, with the caption "we have news tomorrow". Could we have the final announcement tomorrow I wonder?

(beaten to it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Le Galaxie posted a picture of their gig at EP 2013 on their instagram just now, with the caption "we have news tomorrow". Could we have the final announcement tomorrow I wonder?

(beaten to it!)

Top class detective work by both of us!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What a fantastic lineup this year. NOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

It's a great lineup. If you're the kind of person with no interest in listening to new music, why are you even going to EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What a fantastic lineup this year. NOT

What an inspired post. NOT

It's a great lineup. If you're the kind of person with no interest in listening to new music, why are you even going to EP?

Each to their own I suppose. I like to hear music I know. I'd consider this year absolutely tripe. At least we've five and s club 7 to save the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Each to their own I suppose. I like to hear music I know. I'd consider this year absolutely tripe. At least we've five and s club 7 to save the show

Don't stop
    Never give up
    Hold your head high and reach the top!

Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

do you not know loads of acts on the lineup this year? who did you like on the lineup last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

You do know you don't actually have to go?

What kind of music do you like? I'll bet we could dig out some acts you'll like.

Poorside wrote: »
    You do know you don't actually have to go?

What kind of music do you like? I'll bet we could dig out some acts you'll like.

This year I'll probably listen to elbow and duranduran. Other than that is generally be In to metal or heavy rock which doesn't get a look in usually. And I'm not complaining that it doesn't. It's still a good weekend. As least this year they don't have shjt like Lana del Rey as s main act

This year I'll probably listen to elbow and duranduran. Other than that is generally be In to metal or heavy rock which doesn't get a look in usually. And I'm not complaining that it doesn't. It's still a good weekend. As least this year they don't have shjt like Lana del Rey as s main act

Otherkin at the Salty Dog and Bitch Falcon in OV will be worth a look so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Are bitch falcon playing anywhere else over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

J Hus on Channel 4 news! Interesting.

Are bitch falcon playing anywhere else over the weekend?

Not that I can see.

• Advertisement

But he only listens to music he already knows :rolleyes:

Advertisement