Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

But he only listens to music he already knows :rolleyes:

Who said I don't know them? Maybe I just missed the names amongst the sea of shjte surround them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

How do you know they're sh!te if you've no idea who they are? You're not making any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Poorside wrote: »
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    This year I'll probably listen to elbow and duranduran. Other than that is generally be In to metal or heavy rock which doesn't get a look in usually. And I'm not complaining that it doesn't. It's still a good weekend. As least this year they don't have shjt like Lana del Rey as s main act

Otherkin at the Salty Dog and Bitch Falcon in OV will be worth a look so.
    New Valley Wolves are also pretty heavy. Caught them doing an afternoon slot at the B&S main stage a couple of years ago and very decent. Back there again this year.

The Pretenders will also rock out as per...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

And if we're lucky Iggy Pop and the Stooges could get added maybe, good heavy mad stuff, here's hoping.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Bought a McCabe pharmacy festival pack, used the 3plus code to get a tenner off. Here's what's in it. The lady said we could build our own if we wanted or swap anything in it. Charged us 15 flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

adam240610 wrote: »
    Bought a McCabe pharmacy festival pack, used the 3plus code to get a tenner off. Here's what's in it. The lady said we could build our own if we wanted or swap anything in it. Charged us 15 flat.

Could you swap the johnnies for some tissue?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    New Valley Wolves are also pretty heavy. Caught them doing an afternoon slot at the B&S main stage a couple of years ago and very decent. Back there again this year.

The Pretenders will also rock out as per...

RSAG

Nuff said...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

What a fantastic lineup this year. NOT

You took a wrong turn. You're looking for the EP Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

What a fantastic lineup this year. NOT

Do people still say "not" in a sarcastic manner at the end of a sentence? Haven't heard that one since '09

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Would love for someone like the coronas or all tvvins to be in the last announcement. Coronas are free until the end of September so hopefully there's a chance.

Also looking forward to Interpol and father John misty this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Hello boys and girls ,it's been a while(about a year) I finally succumbed to the wife's pressure and bought 2 tickets yesterday. I kind of switched off from listening to music since last September. Could do with a few suggestions....were not into grime or hip hop but nearly everything else goes.

Ps,I've been like a peeping tom on this page lately lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

BOHtox wrote: »
    Do people still say "not" in a sarcastic manner at the end of sentence? Haven't heard that one since '09

Ye that's true. I was stuck for words tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Reded

Hey! I stay in crew every year arriving on Thursday! Conveniently located across road behind mindfield - has a few showers, electrical hook up if you can get a good spot and toilets although showers are not serviced so bring flip flops! They get grotty on the floor! Are you getting tickets from a reputable source? as generally crew tix are not sold! This year we had to give specific names & tel numbers of who exactly was in our Campervan for "security reasons" we were told!

Hi folks, myself and three mates have the option of buying a campervan pass and four "crew" passes that will seemingly allow us to bring our campervan to the crew site on the Thursday. Does anyone have any experience of staying in the crew campsite? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated before we part with cash. Cheers.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Reded wrote: »
    Hey! I stay in crew every year arriving on Thursday! Conveniently located across road behind mindfield - has a few showers, electrical hook up if you can get a good spot and toilets although showers are not serviced so bring flip flops! They get grotty on the floor! Are you getting tickets from a reputable source? as generally crew tix are not sold! This year we had to give specific names & tel numbers of who exactly was in our Campervan for "security reasons" we were told!

Hi folks, myself and three mates have the option of buying a campervan pass and four "crew" passes that will seemingly allow us to bring our campervan to the crew site on the Thursday. Does anyone have any experience of staying in the crew campsite? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated before we part with cash. Cheers.
    [/quote]

?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mgkelly

The first paragraph is the answer to the second paragraph, a question from way back. Should read thus:
    "Hi folks, myself and three mates have the option of buying a campervan pass and four "crew" passes that will seemingly allow us to bring our campervan to the crew site on the Thursday. Does anyone have any experience of staying in the crew campsite? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated before we part with cash. Cheers."

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

So I'm just trying to narrow down what could be in the last main announcement, Electric fields in Scotland has Frightened Rabbit, Dizzee Rascal, Jesus and the Mary Chain, Band of Horses (Who I think is in the EP line up), Arab Strap and Peter Hook and the Light among others.  EF happening on the same weekend.  

I would love any of Arab Strap, Frightened Rabbit, British Sea Power, Kate Tempest, Temples or Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever from Electric Fields. Also with them now both on the same weekend I wonder if any artists will mix them up and end up in the wrong country.

So I'm just trying to narrow down what could be in the last main announcement, Electric fields in Scotland has Frightened Rabbit, Dizzee Rascal, Jesus and the Mary Chain, Band of Horses (Who I think is in the EP line up), Arab Strap and Peter Hook and the Light among others.  EF happening on the same weekend.  

I would love any of Arab Strap, Frightened Rabbit, British Sea Power, Kate Tempest, Temples or Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever from Electric Fields. Also with them now both on the same weekend I wonder if any artists will mix them up and end up in the wrong country.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

Reded wrote: »

Hi folks, myself and three mates have the option of buying a campervan pass and four "crew" passes that will seemingly allow us to bring our campervan to the crew site on the Thursday. Does anyone have any experience of staying in the crew campsite? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated before we part with cash. Cheers.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply Reded! As it turns out that offer kinda fell through as two of the lads already had general weekend camping tickets, so we're staying in the regular campervan area. Pity as I know a big group that always stay in crew camping so that would have been fun...have a great EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Paddy2012 wrote: »

British Sea Power would be brilliant for EP. Can't understand why they haven't played here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Based on that Le Galaxie instagram post yesterday are we expecting the final EP line-up announcement today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Dear god, do we actually need to see what we look like in real life?

Laughing at this & the posts after- I never realized a Boardies meet up was attempted before! Was it awful?!! :)

I think i'd prefer to keep things cyber on my phone & computer screen!!

Have any of you ever posted updates whilst down there btw?!!
    That would be another case of 'doing EP wrong' surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Based on that Le Galaxie instagram post yesterday are we expecting the final EP line-up announcement today?

Maybe. But could be that they're part of another stage that is announcing a lineup. Or they're being added to an existing side-stage like Other Voices of B&S. We won't know until we know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

room_149 wrote: »
    Have any of you ever posted updates whilst down there btw?!!
    That would be another case of 'doing EP wrong' surely?

Pretty sure I have whilst rambling stage to stage, think the only "doing it wrong" would be to not have a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Rfrip wrote: »
    Top class detective work by both of us!!!

Our very own Cagney & Lacey!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Pretty sure I have whilst rambling stage to stage, think the only "doing it wrong" would be to not have a good time.
    Really?! Why? Most if not all on here will be down there like ;)?
    I've once never posted, Bebod or Facebooked in all the years there.
    Only the one time did I accidentally send a tweet,Joleon Lescott style from my pocket, during the Roots in 2012. It was garbled nonsense, comprised of nonsensical characters (like most of my postings on here) but got it lots of re-tweets & likes (unlike most of my postings on here!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

room_149 wrote: »
    Really?! Why? Most if not all on here will be down there like ;)?
    I've once never posted, Bebod or Facebooked in all the years there.
    Only the one time did I accidentally send a tweet,Joleon Lescott style from my pocket, during the Roots in 2012. It was garbled nonsense, comprised of nonsensical characters (like most of my postings on here) but got it lots of re-tweets & likes (unlike most of my postings on here!!)

I would sometimes check FB or whatever while failing to get to sleep at night, but don't think I've ever posted while at the festival.

However, I've noticed a lot of surprise gigs don't get announced at the ****ing festival anymore, and the only way to find out is on Twitter or whatever. Pain in the hole.

I just noticed that LCDs new album is out on the Friday of EP, not sure it means anything but would at least make for a great soundtrack on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I just noticed that LCDs new album is out on the Friday of EP, not sure it means anything but would at least make for a great soundtrack on the way in.

They've got their 3 gigs in Olympia at end of Sept.

Means nowt but good driving music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheHumanHam

Hot Dub Time Machine announced just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Hot Dub Time Machine announced just now.

Where?

Advertisement