Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

On the EP website.
    Taking over the comedy tent on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

On the EP website.

Sweet, has anyone ever seen him before sounds like a bit of fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

On the EP website.

Never heard of this guy before. But sounds like a great way to finish Friday night. Though when word gets around that tiny tent will be uber-rammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Envious. That looks like a great wee fest. Ash & Echobelly would have been most welcome at EP.

It was fantastic. I went to it for the first time 3 years ago and had a great time, it has come on leaps and bounds since then and can see big improvements everywhere - highly recommended!

Also confirmed for me that a camping mat is definitely needed. My feckin back is killing me today...

maximoose wrote: »
    Envious. That looks like a great wee fest. Ash & Echobelly would have been most welcome at EP.

It was fantastic. I went to it for the first time 3 years ago and had a great time, it has come on leaps and bounds since then and can see big improvements everywhere - highly recommended!

Also confirmed for me that a camping mat is definitely needed. My feckin back is killing me today...

Great to hear. I hope your EP is as good. I also like the way that Stendahl has a two-tier pricing structure that allows people without a high income to pay less. Got to go there sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What a fantastic lineup this year. NOT

Waaaasssssssuppppppppppp?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭endainoz

Too soon to add stradbally to my yr.no app? Probably, but the farmer in me likes to keep an eye on the weather in the weeks leading up to it. Can be a good indication Of The ground conditions. Also your local farm Co op store is a great place to get wet gear. Can get a good wet pants and jacket for about 30 euro each. And also if people are going for wellies I recommend the cheap Dunlop ones, cheap and most importantly nice and light so will make all that treking from campsite to arena much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

On the EP website.

Never heard of this guy before. But sounds like a great way to finish Friday night. Though when word gets around that tiny tent will be uber-rammed.
    he seems a bit similar to DJ Yoda in that he mixes videos along with songs, I'm sure there's more to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

haha that looks unbelievable, will definitely try get to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

endainoz wrote: »
    Too soon to add stradbally to my yr.no app? Probably, but the farmer in me likes to keep an eye on the weather in the weeks leading up to it. Can be a good indication Of The ground conditions.

Yeah, this is every bit as important as the weather on the actual weekend of EP. A dry week or two leading up to the festival makes the whole thing a lot more bearable.

I think it was 09 when the place was a swamp on the Friday, I was carrying all my gear in, shoe got stuck in the mud, foot came out, SQUELCH. Horrible start to the weekend.

So my top festival tip is; tie your laces tightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    he seems a bit similar to DJ Yoda in that he mixes videos along with songs, I'm sure there's more to it though.
    i got 8mins into this, then skipped through the rest, seems more like a cheesey sing-a-long wedding DJ than DJ Yoda...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

i got 8mins into this, then skipped through the rest, seems more like a cheesey sing-a-long wedding DJ than DJ Yoda...

Thanks for that, another one the highlighter won't be troubling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

You made it 8 minutes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Read some reviews which sounded quite fun, but that video is shocking! Pure annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Looks like it'd be a bit of craic for like 10 minutes but torture for the full duration.

well I thought I must be missing something, and at some point the knobhead on stage would stop jumping around and shouting over songs :o

tbf, I'm sure it'll go down well with the likes who will turn up for S Club and 5ive.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

_feedback_ wrote: »

Read some reviews which sounded quite fun, but that video is shocking! Pure annoying
    Its another option at least, the comedy isn't usually open on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

it seems like a school disco...

not that there's anything wrong with that...

wonders if he'll be having an erection selection...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It looks like the silent disco, but unfortunately it's not silent.

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Its another option at least, the comedy isn't usually open on the Friday.
    I wonder why it's going in the Comedy Tent and not somewhere like the Cosby or Little Big Tent which are usually closed on Friday for the last few years.
    fingers crossed it means they'll have them open again and a full Friday schedule but I'm not holding my breath on that one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Arrah its harmless fun. I would imagine it could get quite messy. I can visualise a lot of circles forming

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Arrah its harmless fun. I would imagine it could get quite messy. I can visualise a lot of circles forming

Minimum 50 Olé chants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I think they made it sound a bit better than it it. Looked like a mixture of a wedding, then went to someones 21st and hit Coppers to round off the night.

ah it looks like a bit of craic. Probably be slated but after a few beers I would definitely prefer that to the likes of Aphex Twin tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

D.Q wrote: »
    ah it looks like a bit of craic. Probably be slated but after a few beers I would definitely prefer that to the likes of Aphex Twin tbh

Huh?

Huh?

in relation to the hot dub time machine discussion above

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Band of Horses and Car Seat Headrest both playing Friday 1st at Electric Fields in Scotland so rules them out for EP on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

haha wha?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I sadly have to agree with you. It'll be after a lot of beers, vodka and whiskey though, not just a few beers.

• Advertisement

It's basically the return of Guilty Pleasures. With the odd decent tune sneaking in. 

Who needs Despacio when you've got this? Picnic P45 for Jimmy Murphy.

Advertisement