Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

andreac wrote: »
    Bring lots of layers of clothes as it gets really cold at night when the sun goes down. 2 years ago i was wearing a hat and gloves at night as it was freezing and hoodies, jacket etc.

Sleep in a onesie, trust me it is epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I have a very comfortable and warm onesie that doesn't also make me sweat buckets, it's called a sleeping bag ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

andreac wrote: »
    Bring lots of layers of clothes as it gets really cold at night when the sun goes down. 2 years ago i was wearing a hat and gloves at night as it was freezing and hoodies, jacket etc.

sound advice , dont underestimate the cold, its will be cold at night regardless
    of whatever weather we get,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

MJohnston wrote: »
    They were only occasionally playing dance music in there though

The question is not whether Despacio itself was good or bad.

The question is whether it's OK to be a dick and say that someone who didn't like the same things as you was therefore only at EP for the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Le Galaxie replied to their previous tweet saying their big news is actually coming on Friday now.

I think we can all safely say the final announcement will be this Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Le Galaxie replied to their previous tweet saying their big news is actually coming on Friday now.

I think we can all safely say the final announcement will be this Friday.

I thought that'd always be the case.
    2 weeks out for the final announcement.
    For the next 2 weeks (after Friday) , there'll be these mini announcements each day i'd say, with stuff like the pamper palace / surf thing / off license / global green / soul kids / 3 live / green crafts / just eat / trailer park etc

In the last week the day by day breakdown, and then Wednesday before the Picnic, the stage splits and times will be finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,742 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Tori Amos is around town the time of the picnic??

The question is whether it's OK to be a dick and say that someone who didn't like the same things as you was therefore only at EP for the food.

Well I didn't make the food comment, so that's not really my question is it? I'm making a separate statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I thought that'd always be the case.
    2 weeks out for the final announcement.
    For the next 2 weeks (after Friday) , there'll be these mini announcements each day i'd say, with stuff like the pamper palace / surf thing / off license / global green / soul kids / 3 live / green crafts / just eat / trailer park etc

In the last week the day by day breakdown, and then Wednesday before the Picnic, the stage splits and times will be finalised.

Oh my god Im getting so excited now. This Friday 2 weeks :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

kg703 wrote: »
    Oh my god Im getting so excited now. This Friday 2 weeks :D:D:D

The Thursday night is always my favorite night of the weekend. Down early, unload, take a walk around and soak it all in before drinking till about 6 on the Monday morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

It was a joke in reference to a comment another poster had made a few pages back.

If you're going to get precious about a gentle ribbing of musical taste this probably isn't the thread for you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Kiasmos just "dropped" a new song which is sounding pretty great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Does anyone know where I can get a good powerbank online? I see Amazon won't deliver them here anymore, nor to Northern Ireland so Parcel Motel won't work :(

mutley18 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get a good powerbank online? I see Amazon won't deliver them here anymore, nor to Northern Ireland so Parcel Motel won't work :(

https://www.mymemory.ie/js-a2-20000mah-portable-phone-battery-charger.html

I got this and it's the business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I bought a good one on Adverts about 2 years ago. Still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

For those wondering. The Final main stage announcement was Aug 19th last year. In relative terms that would be next Friday.
    It was SKepta, James Bay, BellX1, ABC, Walking on Cars Lightning Seeds and Ryan Sheridan and some other then smaller acts which included Oh Wonder and Fangclub

We can argue the toss, but there wont be many very big hitters if its similar

Once we've all finished arguing the one thing we can agree on is that I was right. :D

Feckin Li-ion battery ban on airplanes, it only came in relatively recently, but it means you can get no cheap batteries off Amazon in Ireland anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

MJohnston wrote: »
    Feckin Li-ion battery ban on airplanes, it only came in relatively recently, but it means you can get no cheap batteries off Amazon in Ireland anymore.

Use Address Pal instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next seventeen days to pass by and was thinking of all the appropriate EP acts who've never played the fest. Surprisingly many of them Irish. So for want of something better to do and to give some impetus to the thread here are a few I'd like to see in the next few years:

Irish - SLF, Van Morrison, Ash, Therapy?, Horslips, The Everlasting Yeah, Hothouse Flowers, Hal, The Radiators, Aphex Twin.

International - Radiohead, B52s, Pixies, Roddy Frame, Edwyn Collins, Television, Joanna Newsom, Coco Rosie, Strokes, Sunflower Bean, Lucinda Williams, Cat Power, Goat, Arab Strap, Ultravox, Blacmange, Scott Walker, Sun Kil Moon, The Triffids, Empires of the Sun, Prodigy, Einsturzende Neubaten, Air, Libertines, Kendrick Lamar, Thundercat and many many, many more.

Years of decent announcements to come hopefully. And years of simultaneous whingeing on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

The R-word, you just had to go there didn't you

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next seventeen days to pass by and was thinking of all the appropriate EP acts who've never played the fest. Surprisingly many of them Irish. So for want of something better to do and to give some impetus to the thread here are a few I'd like to see in the next few years:

Irish - SLF, Van Morrison, Ash, Therapy?, Horslips, The Everlasting Yeah, Hothouse Flowers, Hal, The Radiators, Aphex Twin.

International - Radiohead, B52s, Pixies, Roddy Frame, Edwyn Collins, Television, Joanna Newsom, Coco Rosie, Strokes, Sunflower Bean, Lucinda Williams, Cat Power, Goat, Arab Strap, Ultravox, Blacmange, Scott Walker, Sun Kil Moon, The Triffids, Empires of the Sun, Prodigy, Einsturzende Neubaten, Air, Libertines, Kendrick Lamar, Thundercat and many many, many more.

Years of decent announcements to come hopefully. And years of simultaneous whingeing on FB.

Hard to believe they've never signed up Air or Joanna Newsom, Kendrick would be a big coup if they could pick him up in the next few years.

The R-word, you just had to go there didn't you
    Am still fighting my obsessive-compulsive need to bring them into the thread. As Oscar once said 'I can resist everything but temptation'.

I saw Jim Lockhart on the trailer park stage last year.
    There may have been another Hopslips member but i can't remember right now.
    Whatever his band were called, they played a few Horslips tunes which was a nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Yeah...because getting into the sleeping bag when you're off your tits isn't hard enough lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I'd recommend bringing some zip lock freezer bags. Really handy for keeping phone/random stuff in, esp if it's raining.

Whatever his band were called, they played a few Horslips tunes which was a nice surprise.
    I'd have loved that, but no idea it was on. Horslips play the odd gig these days but very scattered. Perfect for closing the EA some night in the future.

Would be cool if the new Hazelwood area began booking the likes of Lockhart, Donal Lunny or Richard Thompson.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Recognised a few songs by All We Are on the spotify playlist and it was doing my head in, finally realised I saw them support Mew (now there's a band I'd love to see play Picnic) in London a few years ago and they were pretty damn good.

Really looking forward to Public Service Broadcasting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

Hard to believe they've never signed up Air or Joanna Newsom, Kendrick would be a big coup if they could pick him up in the next few years.

it'll be the holy trinity of bedwetters
    (Picture This, The Coronas, Walking on Cars)
    headlining next year if it sells out so fast again

• Advertisement

it'll be the holy trinity of bedwetters
    (Picture This, The Coronas, Walking on Cars)
    headlining next year if it sells out so fast again
    Major acts booked long before the tickets sell out. So we're safe from the above as headliners for a few years yet.

Advertisement