Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Use Address Pal instead?

Unfortunately batteries are on An Post's prohibited items list, which means they won't accept them in Address Pal either. That said, they seemed fine earlier this year with shipping a laptop (which is also on the prohibited list because of the Li-ion battery inside), so who knows? Maybe they don't bother checking sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Hard to believe they've never signed up Air or Joanna Newsom, Kendrick would be a big coup if they could pick him up in the next few years.

I'm Joanna's number one fan (honest) and I don't think her music would suit EP.

Could you imagine some thumping in the background messing up her wonderful set?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

The noisebleed issue has gotten worse in the last few years granted, they could find somewhere to suit if they put their minds to it though.

I'm holding out hope of less noisebleed in Body & Soul this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Hard to believe they've never signed up Air or Joanna Newsom, Kendrick would be a big coup if they could pick him up in the next few years.

True, but if scheduled carefully it could work, as it has before - eg Michael Nyman opening the festival on the main stage a few years back, The Blue Nile on the same stage, Tindersticks in the Crawdaddy, Rufus Wainwright  solo in the EA (?) etc.
    But I've also see it go wrong for Low, Laura Marling & Paul Buchanan so yeah, it'd probably not work. Which is a pity as she's played Latitude, EOTR and a few others without much hassle. Probably ok too at EP before all the noisy corporate stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Still hoping for James, great festival band. There last gig in the Olympia was unreal

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    True, but if scheduled carefully it could work, as it has before - eg Michael Nyman opening the festival on the main stage a few years back, The Blue Nile on the same stage, Tindersticks in the Crawdaddy, Rufus Wainwright  solo in the EA (?) etc.
    But I've also see it go wrong for Low, Laura Marling & Paul Buchanan so yeah, it'd probably not work. Which is a pity as she's played Latitude, EOTR and a few others without much hassle. Probably ok too at EP before all the noisy corporate stuff.

Her gig last year (?) in the Olympia is right up there in the best I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next seventeen days to pass by and was thinking of all the appropriate EP acts who've never played the fest. Surprisingly many of them Irish. So for want of something better to do and to give some impetus to the thread here are a few I'd like to see in the next few years:

Irish - SLF, Van Morrison, Ash, Therapy?, Horslips, The Everlasting Yeah, Hothouse Flowers, Hal, The Radiators, Aphex Twin.

International - Radiohead, B52s, Pixies, Roddy Frame, Edwyn Collins, Television, Joanna Newsom, Coco Rosie, Strokes, Sunflower Bean, Lucinda Williams, Cat Power, Goat, Arab Strap, Ultravox, Blacmange, Scott Walker, Sun Kil Moon, The Triffids, Empires of the Sun, Prodigy, Einsturzende Neubaten, Air, Libertines, Kendrick Lamar, Thundercat and many many, many more.

Years of decent announcements to come hopefully. And years of simultaneous whingeing on FB.
    From the irish acts it is still possible that SLF, ASH, Therapy, HHF could appear as they are active currently,
    Libertines or Carl Barats band or Doherty solo could be a possibility as again they are doing various festivals this year - dont know much about some of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Essentials:
    1. Ticket
    2. Sleeping bags
    3. Air mattress
    4. Camping chair
    5. Rain gear
    6. Hat
    7. Fleece
    8. Plastic bags
    9. Torch, fairy lights + batteries
    10. Towel
    11. Beer/Spirits
    12. Snacks
    13. Portable phone charger large capacity
    14. Water
    15. Ear plugs
    16. Cash
    17. Bog roll
    18. Wet wipes
    19. Toiletries (roll on, shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste)
    20. Pain killers of choice, a packet of rennie, immodium
    21. Vitamin pills
    22. Dioralyte for with your water before bedtime
    23. Sunglasses
    24. Backpack
    25. Camping pillow
    26. Flipflops for shower time
    27. Pair of runners to be left in car

Clothes:
    1. Jeans
    2. Runners
    3. Vests
    4. Tee’s
    5. Lots of socks
    6. Shorts
    7. Tracksuit

You've forgotten an essential - a tent :o

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

From the irish acts it is still possible that SLF, ASH, Therapy, HHF could appear as they are active currently,
    Libertines or Carl Barats band or Doherty solo could be a possibility as again they are doing various festivals this year - dont know much about some of the others.

Pete was arrested in Italy yesterday for possession of heroin, can't see him doing the festival.

I have a question about Eco/ BYE camping
    Myself and my other half (OH)  booked spots in Eco area - now OH not going but 2 mates are:D
    If I put up a 3 man tent in Eco area will my 2 mates be able to get in there ?  Can I transfer OH name to one of them ?
    Is there security there checking (on the Friday ) ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Pete was arrested in Italy yesterday for possession of heroin, can't see him doing the festival.

tenor.gif

apparently not enough of it to warrant prosecution - now thats a shock :D
    opted to return back to Switzerland ...
    He'd have a hell of a drive and a long ferry from France or multiple ferries via england to get his stash campervan to Ireland so maybe a no to that one !!!

Myself and my other half (OH)  booked spots in Eco area - now OH not going but 2 mates are:D
    If I put up a 3 man tent in Eco area will my 2 mates be able to get in there ?  Can I transfer OH name to one of them ?
    Thanks

There will be security on the gate checking wristbands so they won't get in without one. About transferring the name over i'd contact them on Facebook(search for BYEco Camping), they're pretty quick about answering usually.

A friend of mine who's booked into Eco probably won't make it to the Picnic this year so one of your friends can use his spot if he doesn't.

Not enough to prosecute Doherty, their drugs law are more relaxed/sensible. 

And I was thinking more of the next few years for those acts rather than the next announcement though surely a chance of SLF/Therapy?/Ash this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

There will be security on the gate checking wristbands so they won't get in without one. About transferring the name over i'd contact them on Facebook(search for BYEco Camping), they're pretty quick about answering usually.

A friend of mine who's booked into Eco probably won't make it to the Picnic this year so one of your friends can use his spot if he doesn't.

How do they check, is it just tick off the email address that was given or do they look for id at the eco wristband distribution area.

Thanks

A friend of mine who's booked into Eco  probably won't make it to the Picnic this year so one of your friends can use his spot if he doesn't.
    Thanks, I'll check out switching names and then if its a possibility I'll send you a PM - much appreciated

How do they check, is it just tick off the email address that was given or do they look for id at the eco wristband distribution area.

Nah no ID involved, they just ask you what list you're on(Loyalty or Sign Up) and verify you with the email address.

I'd usually bring print offs of any confirmation or interaction emails with them just in case of mix ups, which have been known to happen.

Nah no ID involved, they just ask you what list you're on(Loyalty or Sign Up) and verify you with the email address.

I'd usually bring print offs of any confirmation or interaction emails with them just in case of mix ups, which have been known to happen.
    On this, I booked about six people in but I used my own email. I have seven confirmations on the same email address. I input the individual names but the confirmation doesn't mention them. Any idea if there'll be issues with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Sweet. Thank you for this.

On this, I booked about six people in but I used my own email. I have seven confirmations on the same email address. I input the individual names but the confirmation doesn't mention them. Any idea if there'll be issues with this?

Not really sure as i didn't even see the signup form this year but they did say this year that they were changing the system from before(where you could book up to 4 places with 1 email address) to where everyone had to book their own spot and the email address was the identifier.

Again i'd contact them before i head down just to be certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

have a group of mates camping in campervan, can we enter that campsite without tickets or not?

Have vague recollections of going over to a campervan for breakfast one year without a campervan ticket.

D.Q wrote: »
    have a group of mates camping in campervan, can we enter that campsite without tickets or not?

Have vague recollections of going over to a campervan for breakfast one year without a campervan ticket.
    Yes, no problems with access there.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Super, that suit an iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Gal44 wrote: »
    Super, that suit an iphone?
    It does

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Sorry if it's been asked already,but will they Tribesmen/Deise folk get to see game anywhere at EP ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

WM18 wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been asked already,but will they Tribesmen/Deise folk get to see game anywhere at EP ?????
    It has but don't worry!
    Head for the Mindfield area- Newstalk & one of the Irish language tent's screened it last year. Failing that, head for Kehoes of Stradbally...

*there are other pubs in Stradbally of course but none of them let you smoke in the bar like Kehoes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

room_149 wrote: »
    It has but don't worry!
    Head for the Mindfield area- Newstalk & one of the Irish language tent's screened it last year. Failing that, head for Kehoes of Stradbally...

*there are other pubs in Stradbally of course but none of them let you smoke in the bar like Kehoes

That poxy Elites tent had a massive screen showing it.
    It had the Ireland match last year (or the year before) on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

That poxy Elites tent had a massive screen showing it.
    It had the Ireland match last year (or the year before) on it too.

Yes, there's also that place. I watched Dublin & Mayo there on the big screen a few years back and decided to blank it ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would be cool if the new Hazelwood area began booking the likes of Lockhart, Donal Lunny or Richard Thompson.

Yeah an Irish, Scottish, Welsh and English folk rock stage add Roy Harper, or even better Roy Harper and Jimmy Page, Dick Gaughan (Although he's retired due to health reasons sadly) Robin Williamson (The Incredible String Band), Martin Carthy or the Carthy Family, John Renbourn, Donovan (Living in West Cork these days), Andy Irvine, Blowzabella, Danu, De Danann, Planxty, The Bothy Band (What's ever left of them :)), The Chieftains and more.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Roy Harper

Have a cigar Stormcock.

Advertisement