Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Why would you want to smoke in the bar?! (something about it being illegal & unpleasant for fellow bar customers who don't smoke?).
    Or anywhere else, for that matter?
    Smoking causes cancer, don't you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

mgkelly wrote: »
    Why would you want to smoke in the bar?! (something about it being illegal & unpleasant for fellow bar customers who don't smoke?).
    Or anywhere else, for that matter?
    Smoking causes cancer, don't you know?
    Sure you'd hardly notice the fag smoke in there. It's pretty much blocked out by all the other wonderful smells in that rustic wonderland of a place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The question is not whether Despacio itself was good or bad.

The question is whether it's OK to be a dick and say that someone who didn't like the same things as you was therefore only at EP for the food.

You're taking my comment far too seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Kiasmos just "dropped" a new song which is sounding pretty great

Have had this on repeat all day. Unreal. Think they are the act I'm most looking forward to

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭kwat

mutley18 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get a good powerbank online? I see Amazon won't deliver them here anymore, nor to Northern Ireland so Parcel Motel won't work :(

Got one for €9 in Penney's - got me through all of Body&Soul weekend this year, compared with one I paid €45 for the previous year. Got 1.5 charges out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Declan McKenna, although only 12, has a bunch of very catchy stuff. Would a 47 year old look weird moshing at the front amongst his adoring teenage fans? Maybe I'll just skulk around the back of the tent and pretend I'm his Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Has anybody stayed in boutique camping with a performer wristband before?
    Is there a separate entrance into the arena which bypasses lengthy security queues like there is via the back of trailer park from Oscar Wilde entrance beside Salty Dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

gandalfio wrote: »
    Has anybody stayed in boutique camping with a performer wristband before?
    Is there a separate entrance into the arena which bypasses lengthy security queues like there is via the back of trailer park from Oscar Wilde entrance beside Salty Dog?

Yep, there's a laneway that you cross over between Hendrix and boutique that you can use as an entrance. Occasionally in the past they've let normal plebs like myself through but just have it locked down for performers now. Saves you between 10-20 minutes depending on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Declan McKenna, although only 12, has a bunch of very catchy stuff. Would a 47 year old look weird moshing at the front amongst his adoring teenage fans? Maybe I'll just skulk around the back of the tent and pretend I'm his Dad.

Grand, i'll look like his uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

kwat wrote: »
    Got one for €9 in Penney's - got me through all of Body&Soul weekend this year, compared with one I paid €45 for the previous year. Got 1.5 charges out of it

Unfortunately the mah ratings on a lot of these packs are grossly overrated and you have to account that it converts the power as it goes so at best you can expect about 70% of what it is rates at, even on the honest ones! I got a 20000 as well recently and would expect about 6 charges of my Samsung s6, the nice thing about mine is that it actually tells you the percentage rather than the usual few lights, might be obvious but the best way to conserve phone battery is to turn screen brightness way down, that's the biggest drain on a phone, turn off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, location, they all sap power as well, cheers

• Advertisement

Somewhat to my surprise, I'm also enjoying Everything Everything. I had previously decided they were a bit wanky based on absolutely nothing. Anyone seen them live?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Somewhat to my surprise, I'm also enjoying Everything Everything. I had previously decided they were a bit wanky based on absolutely nothing. Anyone seen them live?

Yep - twice. Loved them

everlast75 wrote: »
    Yep - twice. Loved them

They look like they would be. Very inventive bunch of chaps, I'd say. Where'd you see them? And where would you like to see them in Stradbally?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

They look like they would be. Very inventive bunch of chaps, I'd say. Where'd you see them? And where would you like to see them in Stradbally?

Electric picnic before and then supporting foals in Point.

Tent band methinks - 9pm electric arena

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

everlast75 wrote: »
    Yep - twice. Loved them

Seen them four times I believe. First supporting muse, in the academy, and twice at festivals. They put on a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

:D:D:D

Electric%20picnic%20tickets.jpg

Edit: Bigger snap

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

:D:D:D

20864473_10209153831193143_1402829280_n.jpg?oh=452d3c471b80e0d29cdbbbe44dd7fb13&oe=599623F0

Few pints BD? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

A Tribe Called Quest cancelled a festival show at the weekend due to a "sudden wave of grief" over their band member Phife who passed away 18 months ago. They also cancelled their European tour earlier in the summer but I think this was due to a band member sustaining an injury.

Has a headliner ever pulled out of EP last minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭gandalfio

That's the best price I've seen outside of Amazon for a 20000 mah. But don't recognise the brand. Is it good quality and reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

A Tribe Called Quest cancelled a festival show at the weekend due to a "sudden wave of grief" over their band member Phife who passed away 18 months ago. They also cancelled their European tour earlier in the summer but I think this was due to a band member sustaining an injury.

Has a headliner ever pulled out of EP last minute?
    Not any headliners as far as I remember. But major acts like Gnarls Barkley, FKA Twigs & Azelia Banks have dropped out very late in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/a-tribe-called-quest/2017/red-rocks-amphitheatre-morrison-co-1be57d3c.html

Set list for A Tribe Called Quest recent gig at Red Rocks if anyone wants to get an idea of what to expect (if they turn up that is!)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

Hi Did anyone else get a DHL shipment notification about the caravan ticket with a tracking number link that dos'nt work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Banatamon wrote: »
    Hi Did anyone else get a DHL shipment notification about the caravan ticket with a tracking number link that dos'nt work?

Yep... Campervan ticket I expect ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Not any headliners as far as I remember. But major acts like Gnarls Barkley, FKA Twigs & Azelia Banks have dropped out very late in the past.

Ms Banks was tweeting a few days earlier from a festival in Spain how she was enjoying the champagne, then next day she was "ill" and cancelled. We will not forget that Ms Banks, oh no.

Also .. I remember Memory Tapes cancelled a few years. I was devastated as I was looking forward to him the most that year.

Phantogram cancelling this year was also very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

GidCudi wrote: »
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/a-tribe-called-quest/2017/red-rocks-amphitheatre-morrison-co-1be57d3c.html

Set list for A Tribe Called Quest recent gig at Red Rocks if anyone wants to get an idea of what to expect (if they turn up that is!)

and if you select that in Setify (or any other act's setlists), it will create a spotify playlist of the songs for you that you can save to your spotify account:
    https://setify.co/s/1be57d3c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

gandalfio wrote: »
    That's the best price I've seen outside of Amazon for a 20000 mah. But don't recognise the brand. Is it good quality and reliable?

I only have it a month, but took it on holiday and it was very good.
    Looks the business and charges fast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

Yep... Campervan ticket I expect ?

Brilliant not just me so. I'm guessing shipment is processed but they are just not sent yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Where's the Carlow weather guy????..... I mean I know an accurate forecast beyond a week is impossible, but damn it, I want to know what his guess is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

was it these outfits? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfPXs3SPZRk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Where's the Carlow weather guy????..... I mean I know an accurate forecast beyond a week is impossible, but damn it, I want to know what his guess is!

accuweather has it cloudy and dry for the weekend, and fairly dry the week leading up to it, that would be just dandy :D

Advertisement