Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Poorside wrote: »
    accuweather has it cloudy and dry for the weekend, and fairly dry the week leading up to it, that would be just dandy :D

I'm going to hold you to that. First sign of rain and you're going in the middle of the teenager kicking section!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

I'm going to hold you to that. First sign of rain and you're going in the middle of the teenager kicking section!

https://giphy.com/gifs/fun-kick-qYs8W2epOop3y

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

Tickets came in the post today, I got them when 3 did their 'reverse presale', they say they include 3plus fasttrack access or something to that effect, any idea what this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

and if you select that in Setify (or any other act's setlists), it will create a spotify playlist of the songs for you that you can save to your spotify account:
    https://setify.co/s/1be57d3c

Oh what a great site... Cheers for that.. This will be very useful indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Tickets came in the post today, I got them when 3 did their 'reverse presale', they say they include 3plus fasttrack access or something to that effect, any idea what this is?

I think that's just for the Three charging stations, and maybe that viewing platform for the main stage. Might be a fast track queue at the main gates too, but there is never really a big queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

They may have been a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Would you get 3/4 charges from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

more than that. I didn't let it run dead but got 4/5 out of it.

more than that. I didn't let it run dead but got 4/5 out of it.

What size battery do you have?
    I have a Redmi note with a 4100 amh battery, whenever I used a charger with a 1.2A output it took forever to charge, the charger that came with the phone is 2A, just something to consider, a lot of these banks come with both 1.2 and 2A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'm not techy, I don't know.
    I've a one plus one, and it charged 4/5 times (not from fully dead battery).
    Check the spec on the link i posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

What size battery do you have?
    I have a Redmi note with a 4100 amh battery, whenever I used a charger with a 1.2A output it took forever to charge, the charger that came with the phone is 2A, just something to consider, a lot of these banks come with both 1.2 and 2A

heres his one with the spec below
    https://www.mymemory.ie/js-a2-20000m...y-charger.html

i got a 20000 mah one in ireland as well but it was dearer (50 posted)
    it has qualcomm 3 fast charging, it charges my phone as fast as my samsung 2.1a fast charge wall plug and the unit recharges very quick as well for its huge capacity (about 5hrs i think) as it can take powerful input wall plugs

http://www.vinsic.com/Products/sku-VSPB303W

Probably a silly question but carrying all your stuff from car to campsite is a rucksack the best or what to people use to carry everything or do you just do a few trips back and forth? someone suggested to me a wheelbarrow but im not sure about that! :confused::)

Gal44 wrote: »
    Probably a silly question but carrying all your stuff from car to campsite is a rucksack the best or what to people use to carry everything or do you just do a few trips back and forth? someone suggested to me a wheelbarrow but im not sure about that! :confused::)

Go with the rucksack, it can be a bit of a walk depending on where u are parked and which site you are in but it ain't gonna kill you, we were there early last year, got parked pretty close and we're in one of the nearest campsites, was only bout a five minute walk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

if everything you're bringing fits in a rucksack then that's your best bet, if you're bringing a slab (or 2) get yourself a handcart with decent size wheels.

Go with the rucksack, it can be a bit of a walk depending on where u are parked and which site you are in but it ain't gonna kill you, we were there early last year, got parked pretty close and we're in one of the nearest campsites, was only bout a five minute walk

great thanks,

Time wise what time should i aim to get there at? (never been before so i haven't a clue ) i have a couple of hours drive to get up there so just trying to judge what time to get going at. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Carry soft fluffy things (sleeping bag, pillow) in your hands, everything heavy in the rucksack.

When packing rucksack, leave room for cans. Do not carry cans in your hands/arms.

Making two trips is not a good idea. It's a long walk into the campsite. If you have to do so, split your stuff into day 1 and day 2 things and go back on the Saturday morning.

Hand carts etc are grand if it's dry, but if the ground is muddy, forget it.

Go in the first time to get your wristband bringing as little as possible, maybe just your tent, but maybe nothing other than your ticket. The wristband queue will be the longest one probably, but once you've got it you should be able to skip straight through to the security bag check.

After that, it's a balance question - it'll depend on where your car gets parked, and where your tent gets pitched. If you somehow get those two things as close as possible together, then carry the stuff in multiple goes, it'll be easier on your back.

However, if it's more than a mile between the two (which is likely), the sometimes bringing everything in as few trips as possible is the better option, because the walking back and forth will wreck you more.

The thing to note is, if you have a proper hiking/camping backpack, with the weight well distributed, you should be able to carry all of your stuff in one go with little bother. Don't be one of those eejits (and there are loads of them) dragging a wheelie suitcase, or trailing a giant Ikea bag after them.

Also the great thing about the proper backpacks is you can buy a bunch of cheap carabiner clips, and then use those to distribute stuff hooked onto your backpack. You can hook a tent across the top of the pack, a rolled up sleeping bag along the bottom, and it's all easy to walk around with, provided you've adjusted the straps correctly etc.

For packing a backpack, you'll want the heaviest stuff to be packed closest to the middle of your back, with the lightest stuff above and below it. And remember that these proper backpacks will have multiple zip entrances at both top and bottom of the pack, so you can generally easily reach anything packed pretty quickly. Here's a good guide to how to distribute the weight:

2ecc9d7cf15c803f153729613da09a45--backpacking-tips-hiking-tips.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

Quick question folks. This year we decided to book a private coach to bring us there and back to spare any of us the dreaded Monday morning drive home. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the walk with all the gear to our camping area which is usually Hendrix (I know, not my choice). Can anyone enlighten me as to how long the walk is in comparison to the car park? Travelling from Dublin if that is any help.

Only 16 more sleeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

anyone know how much of a walk it is to pink moon from carpark?

great thanks,

Time wise what time should i aim to get there at? (never been before so i haven't a clue ) i have a couple of hours drive to get up there so just trying to judge what time to get going at. Cheers!

We were up very early so missed the traffic so not sure about that, last year was my first as well and thought the place would be slammed right away but up until 12 o clock there were plenty of tent spaces close to the entrance,

Because of the s**t weather last year and the muck etc I enjoyed getting out of there in the morning and heading back to the car for supplies, its a chance to relax and take stock of all the things you shouldn't have done the night before, walked into the town once or twice as well,

The first and best bit of advice I got last year- don't set up your tent near the fence!!

Second- whichever stage you are at, first thing is find the toilets, it's ok going Al fresco outside the main section (plenty of trees) but you won't get away with that inside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

Pros and cons of each campsite?

D.Q wrote: »
    anyone know how much of a walk it is to pink moon from carpark?

Depends - if you can get into the Green car park, you'll want to do that, and as close to the 'Paintball' Entrance as you can, because that's really close to the Pink Moon entrance.

If you have the misfortune to end up in the Red car park, then I recommend not going in through the main ("Abbeyleix") entrance that's beside it, because then you'll have a massive trek through the festival site. Instead, walk down to the Abbeyleix Road, and then walk towards the Paintball entrance along that road (because it's tarmac and much, much easier to walk on, and it's a much straighter path too).

If you somehow end up in the Yellow car park, you're fecked.

Can't remember the campsite I was in, first big one on the left hand side, sound people, maybe slightly older, only other one I remember was Hendrix, looked a bit mad there, probably for the younger generation

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

MJohnston wrote: »
    Depends - if you can get into the Green car park, you'll want to do that, and as close to the 'Paintball' Entrance as you can, because that's really close to the Pink Moon entrance.

If you have the misfortune to end up in the Red car park, then I recommend not going in through the main ("Abbeyleix") entrance that's beside it, because then you'll have a massive trek through the festival site. Instead, walk down to the Abbeyleix Road, and then walk towards the Paintball entrance along that road (because it's tarmac and much, much easier to walk on, and it's a much straighter path too).

If you somehow end up in the Yellow car park, you're fecked.

What road do you take coming into Stradbally to ensure you are sent to the green car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

First year last year, well into our 40s. Arrived and walked through Hendrix and Warhol and it was like downtown Beirut!

Ploughed onto Joplin which suited us perfectly. Away from the insanity. The walk to the main arena was grand - about 20 minutes and yoh could go through Salty Dog or Trenchtown. We loved it.

As for the next announcement I reckon its Ham Sandwich, Picture This, Liam Gallagher and I pray to Zues that The Jesus and Mary Chain will be announced.

Would love SLF, Undertones and James.

I think we're likely to see The Radiators at the Mindfield 40 years of punk thing.

Spreece wrote: »
    What road do you take coming into Stradbally to ensure you are sent to the green car park?

Something like this will come out soon enough

https://goo.gl/images/B7CFgZ

Spreece wrote: »

I don't think there's any way to ensure this, because Green and Red are part of the same traffic flow. I think it might be a matter of timing more than anything else, and with the early-access tickets this year, I would wonder if the Green car park might fill up earlier than usual.

thebusher wrote: »
    First year last year, well into our 40s. Arrived and walked through Hendrix and Warhol and it was like downtown Beirut!

Ploughed onto Joplin which suited us perfectly. Away from the insanity. The walk to the main arena was grand - about 20 minutes and yoh could go through Salty Dog or Trenchtown. We loved it.

https://giphy.com/gifs/game-of-thrones-mash-up-battle-the-bastards-3o72FieLG07hheBu0M

As for the next announcement I reckon its Ham Sandwich, Picture This, Liam Gallagher and I pray to Zues that The Jesus and Mary Chain will be announced.

Would love SLF, Undertones and James.

I think we're likely to see The Radiators at the Mindfield 40 years of punk thing.

As a thirty something stumbling into Hendrix last year

https://giphy.com/gifs/game-of-thrones-mash-up-battle-the-bastards-3o72FieLG07hheBu0M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

If I wanted to be there for 12 on Friday when should I be leaving Dublin? I'm thinking 10 at least?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

If I wanted to be there for 12 on Friday when should I be leaving Dublin? I'm thinking 10 at least?

Id go 9, traffic will be mental. I left Limerick at 5.30 last year and was crawling in first gear for 15 minutes into the red car park. It only got worse.

Advertisement