Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

For anyone looking for straight up guitar attitude make sure to get to the Trouble Pilgrims in the Jerry Fish tent. Always play a blinder.

Founded by Pete Holidai and Steve Rapid of The Radiators. Seen them loads at the Kilkenny Roots Festival.

"The best new old band in town" 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

MJohnston wrote: »
    I don't think there's any way to ensure this, because Green and Red are part of the same traffic flow. I think it might be a matter of timing more than anything else, and with the early-access tickets this year, I would wonder if the Green car park might fill up earlier than usual.

Last year there wasn't a hope of selecting a sneaky route into Stradbally, coming from Dublin. Gards were set up early enforcing a 'locals only' rule on non-proscribed routes to the festival. Different story in previous years. I suspect you'd need to be down pretty early to beat the cordons this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

thebusher wrote: »
    First year last year, well into our 40s. Arrived and walked through Hendrix and Warhol and it was like downtown Beirut!

Ploughed onto Joplin which suited us perfectly. Away from the insanity. The walk to the main arena was grand - about 20 minutes and yoh could go through Salty Dog or Trenchtown. We loved it.

As for the next announcement I reckon its Ham Sandwich, Picture This, Liam Gallagher and I pray to Zues that The Jesus and Mary Chain will be announced.

Would love SLF, Undertones and James.

I think we're likely to see The Radiators at the Mindfield 40 years of punk thing.

Joplin was where I was a few years ago too. Perfect spot.

PM this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Libadour wrote: »
    Quick question folks. This year we decided to book a private coach to bring us there and back to spare any of us the dreaded Monday morning drive home. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the walk with all the gear to our camping area which is usually Hendrix (I know, not my choice). Can anyone enlighten me as to how long the walk is in comparison to the car park? Travelling from Dublin if that is any help.

Only 16 more sleeps!
    Much shorter. From the coach set-down point it's only 1/2 mins to the entry gate (Quarry Entrance) and then you're immediately into the Warhol/Hendrix campsites. If you weren't queueing to get onsite then the walk would be 7/8 minutes from coach to Hendrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I just saw on facebeeok that EP have added what appears to be another sh!tty sponsored stage. This time by orchard thieves, apparently they're going to have "MC battles, break dancers and beat boxers" :rolleyes: I wonder which stage will be ruined by the noise polution from this rubbish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    I just saw on facebeeok that EP have added what appears to be another sh!tty sponsored stage. This time by orchard thieves, apparently they're going to have "MC battles, break dancers and beat boxers" :rolleyes: I wonder which stage will be ruined by the noise polution from this rubbish?

Did they not have one from them already last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

thebusher wrote: »
    For anyone looking for straight up guitar attitude make sure to get to the Trouble Pilgrims in the Jerry Fish tent. Always play a blinder.

Founded by Pete Holidai and Steve Rapid of The Radiators. Seen them loads at the Kilkenny Roots Festival.

"The best new old band in town" ��
    I saw them a few years ago at the roots festival.
    They're pretty good, and the lead has a proper rock n roll attitude (ie he was a complete bellend the day i saw them).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Not that I remember but it could have been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah think that was introduced last year or the year before

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Much shorter. From the coach set-down point it's only 1/2 mins to the entry gate (Quarry Entrance) and then you're immediately into the Warhol/Hendrix campsites. If you weren't queueing to get onsite then the walk would be 7/8 minutes from coach to Hendrix.

Phew! That's a relief. Thanks very much for the reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

D.Q wrote: »

Joplin was where I was a few years ago too. Perfect spot.

PM this year though.

Missed out on Pink Moon this year so back to th campsites for me...first time in Joplin (other half is with me after years with the lads in Hendrix)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's been an Orchard Thieves thing there for the last 2 years. in 2015 I think it was just a bar with a DJ booth opposite it and seating in the middle.
    last year they had this bigger Motel yoke which is back again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

I haven't been since 2009 and I may not get there until around 5pm. Any idea where my best option for setting up tent is? It's just myself and herself so not too fussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

just a head's up folks. If you have a balance to pay on Pink Moon, you need to pay it today or you will lose your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Just seen that the JAMC are free on the Friday. Playing a festival in Scotland on the Saturday and Dorset on Sunday. Happy days!

Gone through my list of bands and this year its up to 42 acts I want to see !!

Crap line up alright ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭iFreeley

Just a quick query - it's my first picnic and I'm meeting someone to buy hard copy tickets, however they just say weekend on them and not weekend camping? Just want to make sure I don't buy fakes! Anything else I should be weary of?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

iFreeley wrote: »
    Just a quick query - it's my first picnic and I'm meeting someone to buy hard copy tickets, however they just say weekend on them and not weekend camping? Just want to make sure I don't buy fakes! Anything else I should be weary of?

I bought mine from ticket master and it says "Weekend", it also says "includes camping" near the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

watch out for the codes, make sure they are different
    some girl was stung for 700 a couple of years ago
    she never copped that the codes on the tickets were the exact same
    and they should be one number different of course
    apart from that they looked spot on so they are well forge-able

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

When I did this in the past, I asked the seller to bring some ID (driver licence etc) and a recent bill with an address on it. If they are genuine, they will understand why you ask this. If they are not genuine, they will almost certainly refuse. Then take a photo of the address part of the bill ...

caveat emptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

Are many people going for the early entrance on the Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

If the set up is similar to last year would the yellow car park be the best for Boutique Camping
    First timers in 40s so want to make sure we do a little walking to from the car as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Limerick91 wrote: »
    If the set up is similar to last year would the yellow car park be the best for Boutique Camping
    First timers in 40s so want to make sure we do a little walking to from the car as possible

yup, otherwise you've a fair trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

which campsite is closest to the most/best amenities?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Are many people going for the early entrance on the Thursday?

Yeah I'll be there bright and early on the Thursday.

Yeah I'll be there bright and early on the Thursday.

what time does this open at on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

D.Q wrote: »
    what time does this open at on thursday

I think about 4 but I'll be there earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

which campsite is closest to the most/best amenities?
    Jimi Hendrix is closest to the main arena.

what time does the main arena open in the mornings actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I've only ever stayed in Hendrix but feel like I'm probably getting a bit on for it now. Staying in Joplin a noticeably different vibe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Anyone know if Heineken cans will be sold on site again?

Advertisement