Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MJohnston wrote: »
    Train from Galway to Athlone (towards Heuston), then Bus Eireann 73 from Athlone to Stradbally (towards Waterford).

Thanks MJohnston can get Citylink commuter bus to Dublin at 7.30 am from Galway to Athlone, gets me there at 9 am giving me fifteen mins to get the Stradbally 073 connection at 9.15. Hopefully traffic ain't too heavy as that is a small fifteen minute window to get the connection as the next bus is at 3 pm. Ah balls I forgot I'm travelling Sunday 27th, so different times. So 6 pm from Galway (commuter) gets me to Athlone for 5.30 - 5.40 pm (there is two stops at Athlone so what one to get off at near BE bus station (B&Q Store or Garry Castle Road). I can get a connection then at 6.25 pm from the Athlone bus station getting me into Stradbally for 8.50 pm. A bit late for the Health and Safety briefing but I'm at least there to make the start of shifts for the Monday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

How necessary do you think an air mattress is? Went once before when I was 19 and had an air mattress but it deflated every night! I'm only going with 1 friend so I don't want too have to carry too much but honestly I'd bring anything if I thought it'd help me sleep! 😂

Had one from halfords last year and it was a game changer for me. Definitely bringing one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

How necessary do you think an air mattress is? Went once before when I was 19 and had an air mattress but it deflated every night! I'm only going with 1 friend so I don't want too have to carry too much but honestly I'd bring anything if I thought it'd help me sleep! ��

Camped last year without one and my back was in bits for the whole thing. Went halves on a double and a battery operated pump from Argos for 31 quid with my mate this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

How necessary do you think an air mattress is? Went once before when I was 19 and had an air mattress but it deflated every night! I'm only going with 1 friend so I don't want too have to carry too much but honestly I'd bring anything if I thought it'd help me sleep! ��

They're very light though, being air mattresses! Personally I wouldn't go without one in a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

MJohnston wrote: »
    They're very light though, being air mattresses! Personally I wouldn't go without one in a tent.

100% necessary for me. Makes such a difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Any time i used one i just found them faffy, much prefer a self inflating sleeping mat, picked up a couple of vango xl sized ones a few years ago in an end of year sale, wonderful things they are (must check that they still actually do the self inflatey thingy and not the pfffffffffffffsssssssssst thingy)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

D.Q wrote: »
    anyone know how much of a walk it is to pink moon from carpark?

Green car park is the closest to pink moon, but as always you may not have a choice on car parks.

https://twitter.com/EpCountdown/status/769656273553989632

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Anyone want two free tickets to happy Mondays on tomorrow in Leopardstown? Tickets in Swords.

Call it a warm up for the E.P. :)

PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    Anyone want two free tickets to happy Mondays on tomorrow in Leopardstown? Tickets in Swords.

Call it a warm up for the E.P. :)

PM me

No thanks, the crew I work for are taking us to that for our "summer party", my manager is over from the UK for it.

I ****ing hate the goddamned happy **** mondays with an utter passion only reserved for loofah faced fascist **** gibbons and Rupert Murdoch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ricey92 wrote: »
    Had one from halfords last year and it was a game changer for me. Definitely bringing one this year.

The air mattresses are great but pose a couple of problems;
    1: They're very heavy some are similar to a tent in weight. 2: They need to be inflated, takes allot of effort, some stalls have compressed air and will inflate for €10 I think, challange is carry back to the tent, particularly if windy.
    3: They don't last, after a few months they go porous, by the time morning comes will have lost most pressure and you might as well be on the ground.

I recommend getting a camping mat instead, take a spare sleeping bag, open it out, basically use it as a sheet! Boom!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The air mattresses are great but pose a couple of problems;
    1: They're very heavy some are similar to a tent in weight. 2: They need to be inflated, takes allot of effort, some stalls have compressed air and will inflate for €10 I think, challange is carry back to the tent, particularly if windy.
    3: They don't last, after a few months they go porous, by the time morning comes will have lost most pressure and you might as well be on the ground.

I recommend getting a camping mat instead, take a spare sleeping bag, open it out, basically use it as a sheet! Boom!!

Not going to EP but I use this at Glasto each year. One of the best things I bought. Keeps you about 40 cm from the ground. Narrow but comfortable. Recommended
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3407129/Trail/searchtext%3ECAMPING+BED.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I bring the double air mattress that's pretty much the same size as a double bed in width and height. Leave a manual pump attached and get be it a few blasts before bed and when you go for your 4 am Toilet break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭fourmations

I'm in the self inflating camping mat camp myself, there's less to go wrong and they aren't noisy like airbeds, it's what pink moon supply when you rent them, I've bought four of the aldi/lidl ones over the years and they are spot on, airbeds are softer no doubt but I find them annoying bearing in mind you'll be clambering all over it all weekend, no issues on getting a good kip in on the camping mats after a night out at EP , fecking airbeds are to easy to puncture anyway! Mine has five bike patches on it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Oh wait, yeah, when I talked about couldn't go without an air mattress earlier, I was thinking of the camping mats too. I have a single blue one that self-inflates, think I got this one up in Belfast:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/forclaz-400-xl-self-inflating-mat-blue-id_8363045.html

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Last few years the self inflating mats (supplied by PM) hurt my 37 year old back. Have bought an air mattress to bring this year. But now I'm worried about punctures and deflation. Should I bring a repair kit or duct tape?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Last few years the self inflating mats (supplied by PM) hurt my 37 year old back. Have bought an air mattress to bring this year. But now I'm worried about punctures and deflation. Should I bring a repair kit or duct tape?

Never had any issues, bring a battery powered pump and a double flocked air mattress and you're set. Very comfortable sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

I have been offered a 2 man Tippee in the Pink Moon campsite (have to pay of course), have weekend tickets, but there are three of us going, wondering could the three of us stay in it or would we be refused entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

mockingjay wrote: »
    I have been offered a 2 man Tippee in the Pink Moon campsite (have to pay of course), have weekend tickets, but there are three of us going, wondering could the three of us stay in it or would we be refused entry?

They'll only take 2 of you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Is the last main announcement definitely tomorrow, or Le Galaxie the only source for that? Could we hear something later today? EP usually does main stage stuff on Wednesday or Thursday from what I recall, and I don't remember many Friday announcements though happy to be corrected here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Is the last main announcement definitely tomorrow, or Le Galaxie the only source for that? Could we hear something later today? EP usually does main stage stuff on Wednesday or Thursday from what I recall, and I don't remember many Friday announcements though happy to be corrected here.

It could be anyday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I'd be surprised if it wasn't tomorrow given Le Galaxie announcement. This dead horse has probably been beaten, but what are the predictions for the announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

As an incredibly handsome and wise poster pointed out a while back, Friday would be the same day as last year for the last announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I ****ing hate the goddamned happy **** mondays with an utter passion only reserved for loofah faced fascist **** gibbons and Rupert Murdoch.

You're twisting my melon man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Synode wrote: »
    You're twisting my melon man

what you gonna do about it?
    I'd call the cops...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They are certainly not giving any signs away on FB that an announcement is forthcoming, we've only got Le Galaxie's word, perhaps there will not be a third announcement at all, wouldn't be surprised. In answer to Seathrun66's question I'm sure the second announcement was released on the Friday (23rd June) as I recall it was the opening day of Body & Soul festival this year where a few folk was talking about the announcement.

Edit: Yup it was the Friday 23rd the second announcement was announced. https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0623/885041-elbow-room-20-new-act-announced-for-electric-picnic/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Still waiting on Trailer Park announcement too... Unless I've missed that one!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

They are certainly not giving any signs away on FB that an announcement is forthcoming, we've only got Le Galaxie's word, perhaps there will not be a third announcement at all, wouldn't be surprised.  In answer to Seathrun66's question I'm sure the second announcement was released on the Friday (23rd June) as I recall it was the opening day of Body & Soul festival this year where a few folk was talking about the announcement.
    Yeah, you're dead right, second announcement was a Friday and the stunningly handsome Rigor Mortis has also pointed out that the third announcement last year was also a Friday. Looks like tomorrow it is. And 2016 added a few decent late acts so I'd expect more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

They are certainly not giving any signs away on FB that an announcement is forthcoming, we've only got Le Galaxie's word, perhaps there will not be a third announcement at all, wouldn't be surprised. In answer to Seathrun66's question I'm sure the second announcement was released on the Friday (23rd June) as I recall it was the opening day of Body & Soul festival this year where a few folk was talking about the announcement.

Edit: Yup it was the Friday 23rd the second announcement was announced. https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0623/885041-elbow-room-20-new-act-announced-for-electric-picnic/

Really? I was under the impression that a final act announcement was almost a cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Yeah, you're dead right, second announcement was a Friday and the stunningly handsome Rigor Mortis has also pointed out that the third announcement last year was also a Friday. Looks like tomorrow it is. And 2016 added a few decent late acts so I'd expect more of the same.

Business cards currently being printed with this testimonial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Elephino14

Trying to figure how to get to the festival site myself a week before the festival on 27th August, either I'll get the citylink commuter from Galway to Kinnegad and hitch from there or get bus to Dublin and catch connection to Stradbally from there, whats easiest and cheapest. I'm also appealing in lots of car share and festival groups in Facebook.

Im heading from galway myself too , was planning on gong to dublin then to stradbally but is there an easier way?

Advertisement