Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Elephino14 wrote: »
    Im heading from galway myself too , was planning on gong to dublin then to stradbally but is there an easier way?

Are you down in advance for the week before the festival too, because if your just a festival punter there is usually Electric Picnic citylink buses going from the Coachpark in Galway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

So just wondering what dance acts would be worth going to see at Electric Picnic. There is about 70% of the acts playing that I have never heard off but I would hate to miss out on acts just cos I have not heard of them before. Any decent trance or electronic artists playing? Thanks

gazzer wrote: »
    So just wondering what dance acts would be worth going to see at Electric Picnic. There is about 70% of the acts playing that I have never heard off but I would hate to miss out on acts just cos I have not heard of them before. Any decent trance or electronic artists playing? Thanks

Kiasmos, Soulwax, Tiga, Pete Tong, Annie Mac, Mura Masa, Bicep, Floating Points, Mano Le Tough and Kelly Lee Owen. (Neil Finn, Donal Dineen -
    Body & Soul), Sunil Sharpe and others (Rave in the Woods). I presume there will be a few more added.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Really? I was under the impression that a final act announcement was almost a cert.
    there will definitely be another announcement. Tiga is playing and isn't on the lineup (and he'll probably have a fairly decent slot. presumably he was also told that the announcement would be Monday, and that's why it went up on his Facebook/Spotify pages that night).
    Le Galaxie very much seem to be hinting that they're playing (probably told it would be announced Monday too), and there aren't enough acts on the main lineup to fill out the 3 days.

this year there are 58 acts announced for the 5 main stages, last year 89 played those stages.

Kiasmos, Soulwax, Tiga, Pete Tong, Annie Mac, Mura Masa, Bicep, Floating Points, Mano Le Tough and Kelly Lee Owen. (Neil Finn, Donal Dineen -
    Body & Soul), Sunil Sharpe and others (Rave in the Woods). I presume there will be a few more added.

Brilliant. Thanks very much for that info bodhrandude. Had planned to go see Soulwax, Pete Tong and Annie Mac anyway so its great that there are a good few other acts to go and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Elephino14 wrote: »
    Im heading from galway myself too , was planning on gong to dublin then to stradbally but is there an easier way?

Are bus eireann not going from Galway straight to the picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elephino14

Are you down in advance for the week before the festival too, because if your just a festival punter there is usually Electric Picnic citylink buses going from the Coachpark in Galway.

Oh right , thanks! I haven't went from galway before, usually going from dundalk.

Brilliant. Thanks very much for that info bodhrandude. Had planned to go see Soulwax, Pete Tong and Annie Mac anyway so its great that there are a good few other acts to go and see.

Forgot the Bacardi Bar line up too

DFG8hH5XsAApd3c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Was listening to a Late Night TuffGuy track on the Spotify Playlist last night and it was very cool.

there will definitely be another announcement. Tiga is playing and isn't on the lineup (and he'll probably have a fairly decent slot. presumably he was also told that the announcement would be Monday, and that's why it went up on his Facebook/Spotify pages that night).
    Le Galaxie very much seem to be hinting that they're playing (probably told it would be announced Monday too), and there aren't enough acts on the main lineup to fill out the 3 days.

this year there are 58 acts announced for the 5 main stages, last year 89 played those stages.

So 31 acts with Tiga included to be announced, interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

So 31 acts with Tiga included to be announced, interesting.

The total number of acts has been shrinking for the last few years IIRC so maybe not that many

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Jayop wrote: »
    Was listening to a Late Night TuffGuy track on the Spotify Playlist last night and it was very cool.

i always think it's kind of pointless putting tracks in a Playlist by an artist when they're just DJing. I suppose it gives a vague flavour of their style, but you're usually better off finding them on Soundcloud for some mixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

everlast75 wrote: »
    Anyone want two free tickets to happy Mondays on tomorrow in Leopardstown? Tickets in Swords.

Call it a warm up for the E.P.  :)

PM me

No thanks, the crew I work for are taking us to that for our "summer party", my manager is over from the UK for it.

I ****ing hate the goddamned happy **** mondays with an utter passion only reserved for loofah faced fascist **** gibbons and Rupert Murdoch.

Wow - literally you're the first person that I've ever heard say they actively hate them - each to their own as I always say - nothing worse than being dragged to something you dont like at all.

I really like them myself and will be there - I''ll look for the person skulling free pints and shots but still looking unhappy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

maximoose wrote: »
    The total number of acts has been shrinking for the last few years IIRC so maybe not that many

It's dropped by 5/6 acts year on year.
    So instead of 31 it'll be around 25, if F.R. are keeping up their cheapskate ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

What they are doing is recycling acts. There were a good few playing two stages last year. A bit of cross over between B&S, OV and smaller main arena stages and

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

excellent

The Galway City Club are brilliant, 15 piece that can do everything

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Poorside wrote: »
    excellent

The Galway City Club are brilliant, 15 piece that can do everything

I'll have to check them out. Le Freak and Dublin Ukulele Collective are fun additions too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

MJohnston wrote: »
    i always think it's kind of pointless putting tracks in a Playlist by an artist when they're just DJing. I suppose it gives a vague flavour of their style, but you're usually better off finding them on Soundcloud for some mixes.

Would it not be likely they would play some of their own stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

What they are doing is recycling acts. There were a good few playing two stages last year. A bit of cross over between B&S, OV and smaller main arena stages and

That's always happened.
    The OV and B&S line ups are different to the main arena (even if there is cross over).
    Take a look at the number of acts listed under the 'main arena' for the last 5 years, and the number listed has dropped year on year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Dublin Ukulele Collective are a good addition, perfect early-Sunday-wandering-around fare

DFG8hH5XsAApd3c.jpg

Excellent. That will keep me busy over the 3 days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Caravanoke is CLASS

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

DFG8hH5XsAApd3c.jpg
    Looks like its true about FR reducing the line up, they've split Kelly-Anne Byrne into two acts.

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Looks like its true about FR reducing the line up, they've split Kelly-Anne Byrne into two acts.

Ya know I didn't even notice that :confused: people walking about going who the hell is Byrne? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I didn't know Steven Gerrard was a disc jockey.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wyatting

Interpol are dull.....hot dub time machine. ....pointless. ...good things. ?....Paul currie and a tribe called quest. .....i wish iggy pop was playing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

wyatting wrote: »
    Interpol are dull.....hot dub time machine. ....pointless. ...good things. ?....Paul currie and a tribe called quest. .....i wish iggy pop was playing

Piss poor troll attempt for a 1st post.

Do try harder Dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wyatting

Mind field line up is really uninspired. ....just the usual suspects. ....faber and faber usually have somebody half decent. ....but nothing yet

• Advertisement

Piss poor toll attempt for a 1st post.

Do try harder Dear.

Yeah use Eflow next time. :D

Advertisement