Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wyatting

Piss poor toll attempt for a 1st post.

Do try harder Dear.
    What should I have written. ?

Yeah use Eflow next time. :D

Huh. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

wyatting wrote: »
    Huh. ?

Scruff made a typo so was just having the craic. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

What should I have written. ?

Oh my god these acts are terrible, who the hell listens to this rubbish? are all the people going in their 90s? I've never even heard of any of these bands!

Interflow? who the hell are they? Sounds like a toilet unblocker!

Elbow? Jesus, they're ancient! even me da never heard of them.

Me and Jacanita were hoping for some good music, like why have they not got Mike Posner or Calvin Harris!

Bit worried that the security queues could be insane. ...given what happened at longitude and some of the English festivals

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Bit worried that the security queues could be insane. ...given what happened at longitude and some of the English festivals

I'm so worried about what's hapenin' today, in the middle east, you know
    And I'm worried about the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow
    I'm so worried about the fashions today, I don't think they're good for your feet
    And I'm so worried about the shows on TV that sometimes they want to repeat

I'm so worried about what's happenin' today, you know
    I'm so worried about my hair falling out and the state of the world today
    And I'm so worried about bein' so full of doubt about everything, anyway

I'm so worried about modern technology
    I'm so worried about all the things that they dump in the sea
    I'm so worried about it, worried about it, worried, worried, worried

Oh my god these acts are terrible, who the hell listens to this rubbish? are all the people going in their 90s? I've never even heard of any of these bands!

Interflow? who the hell are they? Sounds like a toilet unblocker!

Elbow? Jesus, they're ancient! even me da never heard of them.

Me and Jacanita were hoping for some good music, like why have they not got Mike Posner or Calvin Harris!

Haven't heard of mike posner. ...me ....long time listener.....first time caller

Snarky Snark Snark

Haven't heard of mike posner.

Probably for the best that you don't.

I'm so worried about what's hapenin' today, in the middle east, you know
    I'm so worried about the fashions today, I don't think they're good for your feet
    And I'm so worried about the shows on TV that sometimes they want to repeat

I'm so worried about what's happenin' today, you know
    I'm so worried about my hair falling out and the state of the world today
    And I'm so worried about bein' so full of doubt about everything, anyway

I'm so worried about modern technology
    I'm so worried about all the things that they dump in the sea
    I'm so worried about it, worried about it, worried, worried, worried

I'm a lazy ****er...but u might have too much time on your hands

Snarky Snark Snark

I'm a lazy ****er...but u might have too much time on your hands

I am up to me bollocks in work funnily enough but your line was like the start of a missing verse from that classic ditty of joy and merriment.

• Advertisement

Yeah that was a bit of Self and Hafety madness at Longitude alright, rain and muck would be the cause of Y Not Festival, for a fest going ten years they must have not had rain for the decade as the bands for the main stage and their equipment could not be brought through the festival as the clowns had no idea about roadworks or one way system to the stages, because of muck and they decided to cancel on Sunday so that they didn't have to give the full refund. Boomtown apparently had a scanner failure on Friday causing an eight hour queue delay. Apart from that a few small indie festivals in Ireland had to cancel because of the costly H&S measures oh and an acrobat was killed at Madrid's Mad Cool festival NOW here's Bob with the weather. :)

Any theatre tent recommendations. ....or comedy tent recommendations. ....Nb. ...they can't already be famous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

ok I'll bite. What happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Interpol are dull.....hot dub time machine. ....pointless. ...good things. ?....Paul currie and a tribe called quest. .....i wish iggy pop was playing

What type of music are you into and who, other than Iggy, would you like to see there?

Yeah that was a bit of Self and Hafety madness at Longitude alright, rain and muck would be the cause of Y Not Festival, for a fest going ten years they must have not had rain for the decade as the bands for the main stage and their equipment could not be brought through the festival as the clowns had no idea about roadworks or one way system to the stages, because of muck and they decided to cancel on Sunday so that they didn't have to give the full refund. Boomtown apparently had a scanner failure on Friday causing an eight hour queue. Apart from that a few small indie festivals in Ireland had to cancel because of the costly H&S measures oh and an acrobat was killed at Madrid's Mad Cool festival NOW here's Bob with the weather. :)

Some of it is down to economising on staff by the organisers. .....i think Reynolds ran it better than Benn. ....longitude festival hassle was caused by chancers rushing the gate.....but there should have been two ticket checks.....Plus the small bag rule is in their interest. ....It increases sales of booze and food

What type of music are you into and who, other than Iggy, would you like to see there?

All types....half man half biscuit

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

.;:,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Longitude was because of everyone arriving around 3pm.
    the recent English ones are for a variety of problems, but most festivals there had no issues.

being open on the Thursday will help with less crowds on the Friday, along with having gates open early in the morning Friday.

there were no issues at most Irish festivals so far this summer from what I've heard.

Whereabouts is the lake. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Entrance by the south side of Jimi Hendrix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Screen-Shot-2016-08-30-at-13.51.38-1024x684.png

Entrance by the south side of Jimi Hendrix.

So you have to go through jimi hendrix to get to it.....that's why I haven't come across it.....you can't access it via soul kids. ?.....did anyone swim in it..?

Ok....in the spirit of positivity i'll give tentative thumbs up to. ...phoenix. ...car seat headrest. ...lemon twigs. ....parquet courts. ...goat girl. ....father john misty

Father john misty loses points for his appearance on the mark Radcliffe radio show

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

When will they release the 2017 Map? Will it be very similar to 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Ok....in the spirit of positivity i'll give tentative thumbs up to. ...phoenix. ...car seat headrest. ...lemon twigs. ....parquet courts. ...goat girl. ....father john misty

Father john misty loses points for his appearance on the mark Radcliffe radio show
    Completely put me off him, irrational as that sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

To be fair to him Stuart Maconie was behaving like a jerk that day. And FJM later apologised. Hopefully in the EA in two weeks and he's likely to be amongst the best of this year's acts.

Completely put me off him, irrational as that sounds.

And weirdly the misunderstanding was half man half biscuit related

EP is about discovering new acts too, you'll come away from the Picnic with a big beam of a smile on ya as you WILL make some amazing discoveries, sift through the Body&Soul line up, youtube stuff and all the other smaller line ups as well as randomly checking out some of the main too. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

And weirdly the misunderstanding was half man half biscuit related

It must've been national sh!te day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

gazzer wrote: »
    Brilliant. Thanks very much for that info bodhrandude. Had planned to go see Soulwax, Pete Tong and Annie Mac anyway so its great that there are a good few other acts to go and see.

I'm loving Bicep, their song Just was mixmags number 1 tune of 2015.

Kiasmos are great obviously as well, Burnt and Bent are my personal favourites

Advertisement