Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

adam240610 wrote: »
    Interskalactic! Stumbled into a random tent in longitude two years ago and these guys were playing. Was such a fun show. Orchestra/band walked around the crowds in circles playing their instruments. Great crowd engagement. Will gladly go again

Nice try Interskalactic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Anyone ever used the VIP place? Seems you get a pass into it when staying in podpads, really just interested in what they mean by a fully stocked bar, is it the same as the main arena or is there other stuff available?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Loving that Car Seat Headrest album. They appear to have written a song specifically for the EP Facebook page. Featured quote "You have no RIGHT to be depressed, you haven't tried hard enough to like it"....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Poorside wrote: »
    Anyone ever used the VIP place? Seems you get a pass into it when staying in podpads, really just interested in what they mean by a fully stocked bar, is it the same as the main arena or is there other stuff available?
    Once when I finally got onto the guest list. There's a more comfortable bar that's open a bit later than the main arena, some good toilets (though not many of them & half seemed to be blocked when I visited). Also had a wood-fired pizza place with long queues and a MAC make-up stall with free stuff. Nothing special, but a useful alternative to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Where's my best bet for picking up a relatively cheap sleeping bag? Under €20 and compact are main concerns (other than the obvious)
    Dunnes, think they're about €10 for a mummy style sleeping bag.

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Once when I finally got onto the guest list. There's a more comfortable bar that's open a bit later than the main arena, some good toilets (though not many of them & half seemed to be blocked when I visited). Also had a wood-fired pizza place with long queues and a MAC make-up stall with free stuff. Nothing special, but a useful alternative to have.

Sound, but what about the beer? Is it still a Heineken bar?

Sound, but what about the beer? Is it still a Heineken bar?
    Yeah, they have Murphys also & maybe other Heineken beers. Don't think they'll have anything not available elsewhere on the site.
    Would be nice if Heineken sold Lagunitas at the festival, they bought half the company two years and it's a great beer that'd go down very well at EP.

I'll never, ever, ever forget the state of some of the toilets come the Saturday evening or Sunday morning. Ye best hope you don't stumble into one of the bad ones :D

Johann. wrote: »
    I'll never, ever, ever forget the state of some of the toilets come the Saturday evening or Sunday morning. Ye best hope you don't stumble into one of the bad ones :D

Never had a really bad experience with them, there was one last year that every lad that went up to it just opened and closed the door, loads in the queue said it couldn't be that bad and went up, all came back with a look of horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can you remember the long drops, they were something else.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Never had a really bad experience with them, there was one last year that every lad that went up to it just opened and closed the door, loads in the queue said it couldn't be that bad and went up, all came back with a look of horror.
    You were lucky. Some were awful. It's just silliness, at want point do people keep pushing the boundaries....just use another one!

Johann. wrote: »
    You were lucky. Some were awful. It's just silliness, at want point do people keep pushing the boundaries....just use another one!
    Best toilets in the morning are in the main arena. Hardly used, freshly cleaned and pretty deserted. No queues. Worth the walk from the campsites if you can hold on.

Best toilets in the morning are in the main arena. Hardly used, freshly cleaned and pretty deserted. Worth the walk from the campsites if you can hold on.
    Yeah, figured that out after the first year! Some people don't give a ****e, literally! :D

Ah, it's great craic. Didn't go last year due to a wedding with the missus & heading away to Tenerife this year. Common trend setting in? :P

Best toilets in the morning are in the main arena. Hardly used, freshly cleaned and pretty deserted. No queues. Worth the walk from the campsites if you can hold on.

The ones in Pink moon are always in great nick.
    The smell in the early mornings when the trucks go into the main arena to suck them clean is something I could do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

The secret is 12 o clock each day, head down to the jacks to the left of the main stage. Pristine.

The secret is 12 o clock each day, head down to the jacks to the left of the main stage. Pristine.

No matter how well I plan it, I've never made it into the arena that early.

No matter how well I plan it, I've never made it into the arena that early.
    Usually around the time you're woken up by the drips of condensation falling on your face in your €20 tent. Ahhh. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Campervan is great for comfort but when it comes Sunday when you have to empty the toilet cassette into the tank in the ground and every other tramp just poured it onto the ground not near the hole it's not a pretty site or memory 🀢

• Registered Users Posts: 19,740 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I know this sounds like an awful thing to say but I'm already dreading the Tuesday afterwards :(

everlast75 wrote: »
    I know this sounds like an awful thing to say but I'm already dreading the Tuesday afterwards :(

Just power through, I usually go fora few pints Monday evening to taper off the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

davew121 wrote: »
    Campervan is great for comfort but when it comes Sunday when you have to empty the toilet cassette into the tank in the ground and every other tramp just poured it onto the ground not near the hole it's not a pretty site or memory ��

Yeah, there's no portaloo I've ever encountered that's been as bad as that "waste disposal" area in the campervan site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The worst is if you come too early and yer man is cleaning out the loos, wowf! The smell.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Worst smell really,, is the stinging eyes smell from the wall across from The salty dog by Sunday

• Subscribers Posts: 41,630 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

https://www.facebook.com/pg/thepalemusic/events/?recently_added_ids=266889853801049%2C1971700703074455&ref=notif

The Pale down for Trailer Park at on Saturday and salty Dog on Sunday.

times TBC

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

I remember at EP 2015 they had trucks emptying the toilets tanks regularly and also a gang from servicing them...the results were good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

askU wrote: »
    I remember at EP 2015 they had trucks emptying the toilets tanks regularly and also a gang from servicing them...the results were good!!

Yeah I also remember that the toilets were always pretty much grand except for Monday morning when they'd obviously stopped on the Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

if everything you're bringing fits in a rucksack then that's your best bet, if you're bringing a slab (or 2) get yourself a handcart with decent size wheels.

Get a cart with inflatable wheels. Dont muck about with the others....trust me

alastair wrote: »
    Last year there wasn't a hope of selecting a sneaky route into Stradbally, coming from Dublin. Gards were set up early enforcing a 'locals only' rule on non-proscribed routes to the festival. Different story in previous years. I suspect you'd need to be down pretty early to beat the cordons this year.

Thats not quite true ;)

thebusher wrote: »
    First year last year, well into our 40s. Arrived and walked through Hendrix and Warhol and it was like downtown Beirut!

As for the next announcement I reckon its Ham Sandwich, Picture This, Liam Gallagher and I pray to Zues that The Jesus and Mary Chain will be announced.

Would love SLF, Undertones and James.

I think we're likely to see The Radiators at the Mindfield 40 years of punk thing.

Liam is playing Samhain festival in October... no chance

• Advertisement

I haven't been since 2009 and I may not get there until around 5pm. Any idea where my best option for setting up tent is? It's just myself and herself so not too fussy.

Joplin. Beenthere the last 3 years. Its grand. Mostly people coming down after work on the friday

Advertisement