Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

declanleo wrote: »
    Liam is playing Samhain festival in October... no chance

That's already sold out though.

*ignoring your sound logic because I would love him to be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    To be fair to him Stuart Maconie was behaving like a jerk that day. And FJM later apologised. Hopefully in the EA in two weeks and he's likely to be amongst the best of this year's acts.

I cant get into him at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

To be fair to him Stuart Maconie was behaving like a jerk that day. And FJM later apologised. Hopefully in the EA in two weeks and he's likely to be amongst the best of this year's acts.

I cant get into him at all
    Fair enough. I can see why people struggle with Pure Comedy, but Honeybear from 2015 was the best album of that year for me. I reckon he's worth a look if there's nothing clashing that you're into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

sydthebeat wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/thepalemusic/events/?recently_added_ids=266889853801049%2C1971700703074455&ref=notif

The Pale down for Trailer Park at on Saturday and salty Dog on Sunday.

times TBC

Saw them at Salty Dog last year, they were very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Get a cart with inflatable wheels. Dont muck about with the others....trust me

Where would one get a hold of an inflatable wheel cart? Like the sound of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MusicLover8498

Just if anyone's interested, now that we're hitting the two week mark, I made a 1000 or so strong playlist with about 5 or so songs from every artist playing (well as man as I could find) :rolleyes: just cause I always find EP's own playlist a bit bland in terms of giving the impression of a band/artist. Here's the link hopefully it's of some use to someone...even if it is just me :P
    https://open.spotify.com/user/1187290569/playlist/7FZ3nvbRN2jF7509rz9e2u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

if you're camping in the Joplin camp site, is it possible to make a few trips from the car to the camp site easy enough? I don't want to be messing around with hand carts (not that I'm even sure what a hand cart is :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Feel sick reading the posts about all of the toilets. I paid €20 for the cosy crappers one year and at the time it was a great decision compared to the toilets in the Hendrix camp site. Really hope we get an announcement tomorrow or else we are all going to be very disappointed. A few beers tonight has got me very excited for what is guaranteed to be the best weekend of the year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

The fancy loos that they had in pink moon last year (and possibly the year before) were the dogs bollocks, nice and clean, with their own lights and cleaned regularly which helps a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I see the guards have managed to shut the fifth indie festival this year, Fuaim Gathering in Thurles, Tipperary. The first being Keep Lit in Galway a New Years eve festival, then Bare in the Woods, Scrobarnach and this. Whats next fuinneamh festival in September.

They are forcing all the skint music heads into the successful rich festivals, not a rant against EP there but there should be room for everything. Its like the Gardai and Health & Safety are reverting to the UK police of 1991 and the Criminal Justice bill where they outlawed illegal gatherings and raves, except this time they are targeting go-it-alone festivals that have had some moderate success, generalising them as illegal raves.

Their facebook statement about the cancellation. https://www.facebook.com/events/1327128107346118/permalink/1476908549034739/?action_history=[%7B%22surface%22%3A%22timeline%22%2C%22mechanism%22%3A%22surface%22%2C%22extra_data%22%3A[]%7D]&pnref=story

Edit: why is my text going past the page as if a great big jpg has been posted, is there a setting to make the text normal again. :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The best night of my life was an illegal rave in Donegal in 99. No harm done to anyone or anything. Live and let live.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,630 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

.... then Bare in the Woods....

BARE didn't go ahead because of a few of reasons... But I think it's disingenuous to say the gardai were to blame for its closure.

If you do not get proper licenses for these events the guards hands are tied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the Gardai weren't to blame for Scrobarnach not going ahead either.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

If there's to be an announcement today what time should we expect it at, based on other announcements?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Are we allowed bring a gazebo into pink moon??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Seems like more than just the guards and health and safety putting a stop to it.

From their statement:
    'We will not have the sound systems or equipment we thought we would have, we will not have the timetable as exactly as planned and we will for sure not have the "correct" licensing in the next 24 hours.'

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

All this talk of toilets really got me through my morning work poo. Well done lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

Are we allowed bring a gazebo into pink moon??

not a hope

roll wrote: »
    not a hope

Hmm, pink moon site says to refer to the festival site and the EP site says gazebo are allowed.

http://www.pinkmooncamping.co.uk/faq.asp

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/essentials#info-section-37172

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

There'd be nowhere to put it up though other than on the walkways. They pack the tents in tight enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Pretty sure they used to explicitly say no, but as others have pointed out, there's no where to actually erect one

Pretty sure they used to explicitly say no, but as others have pointed out, there's no where to actually erect one

Cheers guys, will leave it at home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

Cheers guys, will leave it at home :)

if it's any consolation, with the structured camping, you are guaranteed space around your tent for sitting around talkin ****e.... if, please god, it stays reasonably dry, you'll have no need for a gazebo!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

are we expecting an announcement today only 58 main arena acts announced i think the average is around 90 ... def had at least 85 last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

If there's to be an announcement today what time should we expect it at, based on other announcements?

Anytime, but usually around 12oc
    are we expecting an announcement today only 58 main arena acts announced i think the average is around 90 ... def had at least 85 last year
    People are just working off Tiga and Le Galaxie self confirming, both said news coming on Monday (last), and LG clarified that it was changed to today.
    No official word from EP, but i'd expect an announcement (at least 25 acts) in around 2 hours or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

I'd say we'll have our last announcement today - between 12 and 2 as an optimistic guess.

Two weeks to go!!!!!!!!!

Won 2 x tickets to Groove Festival this weekend, yesterday.

I'm seeing out the last two weeks of my twenties with 3 festivals.

I expect the 5th of September will be a difficult day for me

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Its like the Gardai and Health & Safety are reverting to the UK police of 1991 and the Criminal Justice bill where they outlawed illegal gatherings and raves, except this time they are targeting go-it-alone festivals that have had some moderate success, generalising them as illegal raves..

The Criminal Justice Bill came in back in 94- remember the July protest march well that year!! "Repetitive" Beats blaring from Soundsystems & everyone raving in John Major Masks in central London!! Micheal Howard Posters being burnt too!!
    Dodgy act that, it wasn't just Raves/ traveler sites being targeted - stop & search came in (my family lived in Harlesden NW London until i was a late teen- big Carribean community round there & you could see quite clearly who the Police were targeting with that)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Going back to the toilet talk, have they gotten rid of the long drop/trough's altogether?
    I much prefered them, everyone was so horrified by what they had to see that there was never a queue it was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Going back to the toilet talk, have they gotten rid of the long drop/trough's altogether?
    I much prefered them, everyone was so horrified by what they had to see that there was never a queue it was great!
    The final announcement can't come soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

The final announcement can't come soon enough.

hoping for..
    2 very good acts
    3-5 decent
    5 okish
    and the rest as filler

a Gallagher, Peter Hook,undertones ,stiff little fingers sort of announcement would do nicely

Advertisement