Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

everlast75 wrote: »
    Which one of those announcements today is the pseudonym for Daft Punk???

Dublin Gospel Choir obviously

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Nobody's Heros is obviously something to do with SLF?

Missed that, where and what?
    Please and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Poorside wrote: »
    Missed that, where and what?
    Please and thanks.

Missed it meself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I urge any newbies to get up and go into main arena for 1pm to see Dublin gospel choir.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Rfrip wrote: »
    I urge any newbies to get up and go into main arena for 1pm to see Dublin gospel choir.

i assume the trinity orchestra aren't doing their album this year?

• Advertisement

thebusher wrote: »
    Missed it meself!

Cant find anything on the site by that name, someone is toying with me, they might have to be included in the kicking teenagers hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Gal44 wrote: »
    Where would one get a hold of an inflatable wheel cart? Like the sound of that!

Woodies or if near ballymount go in to castormart. Behind the red cow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Clark ... excellent, really loved him in B&S couple of years back. Banging! ... :) .. other than that, All Tvvins is good news.

And I suppose Kila will be pretty decent in the sun on the main stage in the afternoon (this could be the boards meet uo, in front of the sound desk ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wyatting

Dreadful announcement today. ...skatalites were the only bit of comfort. ....curious about touts also

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Mr. Jukes sounds like decent late afternoon listening. Le Galaxie always bring a good time. Was hoping to catch Le Boom and Talos so having an extra chance to do just that is good with me.

Lots of filler...exactly what is expected in the final announcement so never had my hopes up.

• Advertisement

Nobodys Heroes nothing to do with SLF sadly. They played Longitude . Funk inspired band.

Back to teenage kicking

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Synergism

Very meh. Wasn't expecting any big names but was hoping for something to add a bit more excitement. You'd see 90% of those acts at most Irish festivals this summer.

Sitting here smiling and laughing looking at Touts covering Gloria at the Nerve Centre Derry.

Gonna be some set in a tent at the picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Main Stage? They'd play the opening of an envelope.

Who the funk are keywest?

Sitting here smiling and laughing looking at Touts covering Gloria at the Nerve Centre Derry.

Gonna be some set in a tent at the picnic!

Just watched some of their stuff, excellent, what The Strypes want to be but never will have that proper **** on attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/final-round-acts-announced
    announced on their website... facbook said 30 new acts??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Ok, so that announcement was shyte.

I have way too much that i'd like to see though, and had to break them up into order of preference!

Tier 1
    Public Service Broadcasting /// Car Seat Headrest /// Band of Horses
    Everything Everything /// Chaka Khan /// Madness /// Parquet Courts
    Real Estate /// Pretenders /// Soulwax /// These Charming Men
    The Spook of the Thirteenth Lock

Tier 2
    Beoga /// Bears Den /// Aldous Harding /// Elbow /// Duran Duran
    Jagwar Ma /// Talos /// Michael Kiwanuka /// Interpol /// DJ Yoda
    Pete Tong /// Robotrock /// The Bonny Men /// Roadhouse Doors /// Bicurious

That doesn't even factor in wanting to see
    David Keenan /// Declan McKenna /// Bennett Bay /// Kattie Laffan
    Jack L /// Cinema /// David Kitt /// New Jackson /// Goat Girl
    Jealous of the Birds /// Kiasmos /// Little Hours /// Lousiana 6
    Margaret Glapsey /// Otherkin /// Pond /// The xx

Not a hope i'll get to see half of them, but a mans gotta have a plan, right!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

At least the facebook comments will be entertaining

facebook response is surprisingly subdued ... maybe they are all nursing their Leaving Cert hangovers still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    At least the facebook comments will be entertaining

Top comment so far:

"Two weekend camping tickets for sale pm me"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

There's enough on that announcement to keep me happy.

Being of a certain age I was a teenager during the height of the Seattle/Nirvana scene so I have a lot of appreciation for what Fangclub offer, their debut album is really good.

I'm also a big Bombay Bicycle Club fan and the Mr Jukes album has been on rotation last few weeks, a real grower, lots to like on it. Defo worth checking out.

Tale of Us will rock the LBT no doubt, anyone who appreciates progressive house music will enjoy what they have to offer.

Nobodys Heroes nothing to do with SLF sadly. They played Longitude . Funk inspired band.

Back to teenage kicking

sent the video on to my son, he's playing a punk festival this weekend, i think The Touts are about to get a lot of new fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Pretty much what was to be expected from the final announcement. Talos, Le Galaxie, King Kong Company, Le Boom, Tiga, Tale of Us all worth checking out for me. Will have to look into some of the acts recommended from here. At least we can start making our lists now!

I presume the red bull area won't exist this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ianeglington

quick question!! on the clashfinder, how does whoever  made it know the times for some acsts?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

facebook response is surprisingly subdued ... maybe they are all nursing their Leaving Cert hangovers still.

Hey Pablo are you making another app this year? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

quick question!! on the clashfinder, how does whoever  made it know the times for some acsts?

I won't bother with Clashfinder till at least that week. It'll change right up to the last minute.

I've put in a few on days and stages that i know (or hope )they're playing on, times are just a wild guess.
    to do it, login on the desktop version and go to -I want to- and pick edit data.

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Hey Pablo are you making another app this year? :)

Absolutely almost definitely certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ianeglington

Poorside wrote: »

I've put in a few on days and stages that i know (or hope )they're playing on, times are just a wild guess.
    to do it, login on the desktop version and go to -I want to- and pick edit data.
    Oh, its guesswork! Was just checking.

although Tiga > Soulwax > Phoenix would be an insanely amazing run on saturday so fingers crossed!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Oh, its guesswork! Was just checking.

although Tiga > Soulwax > Phoenix would be an insanely amazing run on saturday so fingers crossed!! :D

king kong company in there somehwere too pls

Advertisement