Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Absolutely almost definitely certainly.

That app was ridiculously helpful. Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Poorside wrote: »
    I've put in a few on days and stages that i know (or hope )they're playing on, times are just a wild guess.
    to do it, login on the desktop version and go to -I want to- and pick edit data.

And this kind of behaviour is exactly why I never release the app before the clashfinder is well advanced. If acts change stage, it breaks the app in that you will lose some of your itinerary/reminders (boring technical reason: due to the fact that the JSON object identifier changes). App will be released probably Wednesday night before festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've put in a few on days and stages that i know (or hope )they're playing on, times are just a wild guess.

Then what's the point?

D.Q wrote: »
    That app was ridiculously helpful. Fair play to you.

In fairness to EP, their own app was pretty useful last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

maximoose wrote: »
    Then what's the point?

start getting them on to save a bit of work later.

• Advertisement

it was, except the alerts were all over the place so I turned them off after the friday, maybe that was the year the before?

start getting them on to save a bit of work later.

But it just leads to confusion for other people. Already couple of people on here think that they are probably correct times...

What might save you some time is to export what you have to an excel sheet, then delete everything that is up there ... then edit that spreadsheet and once you have some correct times, import that back to clashfinder.

I built a couple of complete clashfinders for smaller festivals and I always did the editing in excel rather than on the web page.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Search Party Animal are quite good for those looking for some decent guitar music. Then again, their name should give it away to those that care.

But it just leads to confusion for other people. Already couple of people on here think that they are probably correct times...

What might save you some time is to export what you have to an excel sheet, then delete everything that is up there ... then edit that spreadsheet and once you have some correct times, import that back to clashfinder.

I built a couple of complete clashfinders for smaller festivals and I always did the editing in excel rather than on the web page.

that sounds doable, i'll have a look over the weekend.
    or maybe I'll just wait until the times are published.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Just looking at Clashfinder, it's completely worthless at this point.

Like, Duran Duran are going on stage at 11.35 pm on Sunday. Really?

• Advertisement

Haven't been since 2014 myself. I just remember yours being very simple and easy to use.No hassle. Any official app I've ever gotten at festivals has been unreliable and clunky.

Would have no bother paying for yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

People back thread a bit were wondering about battery chargers for their phones.

I mentioned that Amazon UK won't ship Li-Ion batteries to Ireland (north or south), and someone else mentioned trying AddressPal (An Post's version of Parcel Motel). Well, I was sceptical because those batteries were still on An Posts restriction items list, but I took the risk and ordered some Li-ion batteries the other day, shipped them to my AddressPal address (it's in the mainland UK), and they turned up at my doorstep this morning.

At first I thought - "well I guess they just didn't know there were batteries inside", and then I turned over the package and saw this:

e8S3Eej.jpg

So I'm guessing they knew, they just shipped it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Peesh89

Search Party Animal are quite good for those looking for some decent guitar music. Then again, their name should give it away to those that care.

Best bunch of lads!
    Rusangano always put on a stormer of a show as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Still think Run The Jewels, Phoenix and FJM will probably play the main stage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just wondering if the Skatalites are doing the Sunday afternoon reggae spot on the main stage or will they be supporting Madness on the Saturday, is Madness actually down for Saturday.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Just wondering if the Skatalites are doing the Sunday afternoon reggae spot on the main stage or will they be supporting Madness on the Saturday, is Madness actually down for Saturday.

Would have thought they'd be on the Sunday afternoon myself

Madness are playing other festivals on the Friday and Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Well I'm not going to lie to you, that announcement is a bit of a let down. DJs and electronica are not really my cup of tea, so there's feck all there for me. I do like the Rusangano Family, Paul Kelly looks kind of interesting and maybe Mr. Jukes. Just as well there's so much already in there. I'll be busy enough. Does feel like the feckers have shaved another bit off their artist spend. Not to worry, back to me playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Few nice things in there, actually, that are lining up not too bad. I've had the Mr Jukes album playing a lot. Rusangano Family I'm really keen to see. Touts sound fantastic. Fangclub seem highly regarded & will go to see. Le Galaxie are good crack. Loadsa lights & such like! People have been raving about King Kong Company, so need to see them. The Riptide Movement & All Tvvins seem critically acclaimed, so will have to give them a go.
    Not bad, really! Pity no Stone Roses, Ride, Slowdive, JAMC, MBV, James, Charlatans, Happy Mondays, but hey, you can't have everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ok, have just seen the full list as opposed to the selected one on the official site. Touts look brilliant, although I'm exhausted after watching 2 videos on Youtube. Will my aged knees be up to it? Only one way to find out. Search Party Animals look like they're worth a roll of the dice and Fangclub too.

• Advertisement

mgkelly wrote: »
    Few nice things in there, actually, that are lining up not too bad. I've had the Mr Jukes album playing a lot. Rusangano Family I'm really keen to see. Touts sound fantastic. Fangclub seem highly regarded & will go to see. Le Galaxie are good crack. Loadsa lights & such like! People have been raving about King Kong Company, so need to see them. The Riptide Movement & All Tvvins seem critically acclaimed, so will have to give them a go.
    Not bad, really! Pity no Stone Roses, Ride, Slowdive, JAMC, MBV, James, Charlatans, Happy Mondays, but hey, you can't have everything!

now, that would be a dream lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭LowOdour

In many ways, I'm happy that there was no act (like Frightened Rabbit) that was on the must see list, as there is enough of them already. Although last year Rusangano Family were one of the highlights for me, so will try and catch them again.
    Was interested to see the Kip'N'Go service that is being offered. The same 2 man tent is e275 in Pink Moon. Granted, there are security benefits, some better facilites etc in Pink Moon...but 175e worth of benefits, I am not sure!

LowOdour wrote: »
    In many ways, I'm happy that there was no act (like Frightened Rabbit) that was on the must see list, as there is enough of them already. Although last year Rusangano Family were one of the highlights for me, so will try and catch them again.
    Was interested to see the Kip'N'Go service that is being offered. The same 2 man tent is e275 in Pink Moon. Granted, there are security benefits, some better facilites etc in Pink Moon...but 175e worth of benefits, I am not sure!

Link to the tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well impressed with Tiga, enjoying this Boiler Room set from 2013.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Never heard of mr jukes four hours ago....now I'm obsessed. One of my fave memories from ep one year was listening to Bombay bicycle club in the sun on the Sunday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rfrip wrote: »
    Never heard of mr jukes four hours ago....now I'm obsessed. One of my fave memories from ep one year was listening to Bombay bicycle club in the sun on the Sunday afternoon

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Thanks to the people who've been posting the great recommendations today. I've spent the last few hours listening to all new stuff and mightily impressed. Touts & Fangclub both great, and now on my list. 

But the big find is Mr. Jukes, now on my essential list. And seems like he's the new boardsies fave. Excellent stuff, my weekend listening sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

Rfrip wrote: »

only sussed them today as well
    didnt know it was jack from bombay until someone mentioned it here
    the head on him, male pattern baldness wins again!

• Advertisement

LowOdour wrote: »

That does look very flimsy. Single sheet as well. Wouldn't fancy it. I think I've booked one of the blue ones, seems to be a better looking 2 man.

Advertisement