Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

thebusher wrote: »
    Poorside wrote: »
    You have to register for that and it's full at this stage.

Yea I registered both of us. Just wondering if its better than being in Joplin
    It'll be more a bit more secure than Joplin. And cleaner given the feedback. But otherwise much of a muchness I'd say though Eco-camping will be busier given the numbers. I'm staying there for the first time this year, but if I'd not registered I'd be heading for Joplin. I'd say give it a try, feedback here is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

D.Q wrote: »
    Nah wellies are made for short bursts of activity in really bad ground. People were posting the general distance covered over the weekend, no way should you be doing those distances in wellies, whilst under varying degrees of influences. Dunno how people manage it.

I wore welliesfor 5 days at Glastonbury last year and had no problems at all. I've done the same at picnic many times. Get good wellies and put gel insoles in them and they are perfect. There are the ones I have: https://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=1147&PartnerID=146&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu7TYvuPj1QIVKbHtCh1NSAXUEAQYASABEgI7t_D_BwE&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Thems is some pricey wellies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

MadYaker wrote: »
    I wore welliesfor 5 days at Glastonbury last year and had no problems at all. I've done the same at picnic many times. Get good wellies and put gel insoles in them and they are perfect. There are the ones I have: https://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/Mobile/MobileModels.aspx?ModelID=1147&PartnerID=146&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu7TYvuPj1QIVKbHtCh1NSAXUEAQYASABEgI7t_D_BwE&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=Ireland

Pffft. That's no welly. That's a yachting boot, you posh bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MadYaker wrote: »

Unless its absolutely chucking it down, and the ground is cut to bits I generally try to avoid Wellies. Even last year despite the drizzle I was in a pair of runners all weekend. Apart from some isolated bad spots the ground was in good shape.
    In saying that I wouldn't dream of not having Wellies just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Mr.S wrote: »
    Didn't know Elbow where playing @ Casa Barcadi.

Was that announced? Seems...strange

Huh?

The new Redbull thing sounds good.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/introducing-red-bull-soundome

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mr.S wrote: »
    Didn't know Elbow where playing @ Casa Barcadi.

Was that announced? Seems...strange

Where did you see that? A very unbacardi like band ha ha, do you have a link.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Yea I registered both of us. Just wondering if its better than being in Joplin[/quote

From looking at it last year I would say defo worth it, close to parking, loads of space between tents, clean and tidy, there's gonna be a tent where you can watch movies if you want, loowatt toilets for eco campers only, only thing is it's double the people this year so might be a bit tighter

http://vevo.ly/1FK2wI

Mr. Jukes is really growing on me. 9 piece band coming with him. He's going to be on people's highlights lists.

Its looks like there is going to be a Red Bull tent in the main arena, re-branded the Red Bull Soundome. https://www.redbull.com/ie-en/events/red-bull-soundome-at-electric-picnic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Anybody know if the family camping is open Thursday evening too my 2 guys love the camping as much as the festival

Touts on at 2.30 on Saturday in the Cosby. That's some way to kick start your Saturday lads.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Touts on at 2.30 on Saturday in the Cosby. That's some way to kick start your Saturday lads.

That's brilliant

These charming men at 7 on the Salty Dog on the Saturday. Pity, bound to be clashes there. That Friday slot last year was perfect for them. I'll still be there, though.

Snarky Snark Snark

Bag and camping mat out and airing. Checklist give over and just need beer and dioralyte. Manic two weeks ahead in work so aiming to have all prepped and car ready by Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Watching an Electric Picnic channel on YouTube. Nice! Never really knew Interpol. Sound good. London Grammar on now. Ethereal.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

Any sign of a gin bar 🍸

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Bag and camping mat out and airing. Checklist give over and just need beer and dioralyte. Manic two weeks ahead in work so aiming to have all prepped and car ready by Tuesday

I too am in the midst of manic work... I am packing the car next weekend, driving the Mrs car to work from Monday week, leaving work at 4 on Thursday, home, dinner, 4 or 5 pints, bed for 10, up at 5am, on the road, Stradbally for 8, tent up for 10, can open and here's hoping I see some boobs!

On a serious note, if anyone happened across The Clarke Family Project in Trailer Park last year, I have good news, they are playing this year also. I highly recommend them for some early evening listening. There is also beer and food there... no boobs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

sassyj wrote: »
    Any sign of a gin bar ðŸ¸

Putting gin in a woman, is like putting diesel into a petrol car... sooner or later she's gonna break down.

These charming men at 7 on the Salty Dog on the Saturday. Pity, bound to be clashes there. That Friday slot last year was perfect for them. I'll still be there, though.

Where you getting the times?
    And that's bound to be a clash, probably Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Young Fathers! Forgot about these lads! Look good. Important to do one's revision before the festival!
    :)

So is the Tribe Called Quest gig still on, didn't someone mention earlier they cancelled a gig in August due to grief over the death of Phife Dawg. Just listening to We Got it from Here, I hope they don't cancel EP I'm loving that record.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Madness later than that I reckon. Pretenders more likely. Hope neither as I'd love to see the TCM gig.

Twitter for Touts and website for These Charming Men. Yeah, clashes are inevitable that time Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Putting gin in a woman, is like putting diesel into a petrol car... sooner or later she's gonna break down.
    😭

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Pretenders site says Friday for Stradbally.

Touts, Japandroids and Madness Saturday. Sweet.

Bears Den and Aaron Lee Tasjan on Sunday. Not so sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Unless its absolutely chucking it down, and the ground is cut to bits I generally try to avoid Wellies. Even last year despite the drizzle I was in a pair of runners all weekend. Apart from some isolated bad spots the ground was in good shape.
    In saying that I wouldn't dream of not having Wellies just in case.

Drizzle? Isolated bad spots?? Were you at the same festival as me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Fago123 wrote: »

lol

Snarky Snark Snark

Fago123 wrote: »

It was a little moist (ooh er missus) but the ground did hold up well

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

��

Eh?

Advertisement