Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Eh?

Smileys not showing. I've edited with an old school "lol"

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

When 5 of us travelled down in 2 cars this bad boy brought the tents chairs and trays of beer in. This hand truck and a roll of duct tape is a winner. After 8 or 9 picnics a wheel came off last year. Buying a new one tomorrow. http://www.woodies.ie/master-sacktruck-with-pneumatic-wheels-250-kg-capacity-363759

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Not sure if it has been already posted, but some stage times are starting to trickle out.

https://twitter.com/The_Strypes/status/898515431505494020
    The Strypes - Main Stage Saturday 2.45pm

https://twitter.com/toutsband/status/898832645177704448
    Touts - Cosby Tent Saturday 2.15pm

https://twitter.com/Keywestofficial/status/898537679629017089
    Keywest - Main Stage Saturday

Might be more info on individual artists' websites, as others have posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fago123 wrote: »
    Drizzle? Isolated bad spots?? Were you at the same festival as me?!

It was a little moist (ooh er missus) but the ground did hold up well

The main arena has generally held up well. Only one year the ground has cut up badly (2010?) when there was rain for weeks beforehand and the soil was waterlogged before anyone arrived. The organisers shut down the route from the EA to the main stage as it was so muddy. And yet the site was still much more bearable than any Glastonbury with rain. The soil so much better than there & we're generally going to be ok at the site unless the rain is relentless between now & Sept 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Eh... **** off lads talking about rain.

It's gonna be tropic!!!!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

All confirmed from official websites
    Run the Jewels Friday
    London Grammar Friday
    Madness Saturday
    Elbow Sunday
    Rag n Bone Man Sunday
    Soulwax Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

So is the Tribe Called Quest gig still on, didn't someone mention earlier they cancelled a gig in August due to grief over the death of Phife Dawg. Just listening to We Got it from Here, I hope they don't cancel EP I'm loving that record.

They cancelled a festival appearance in San Fran a couple of days after a sold-out show of their own in Denver (links to a Denver review and article about the cancellation below).

They only have 2 gigs left afaik - EP and Bestival. A cancellation could happen, as could an anticlimactic gig where the crowd don't know their tunes and the vibe generally ain't right.

Hopefully neither happens and it's a great show!

Denver review

San Fran cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

sassyj wrote: »
    Any sign of a gin bar ðŸ¸

Ask and you shall receive.... we've a gin bar and a whiskey bar going into Trailer Park beside the Tiki Bar.

We also have a new bar going beside the Salty Dog stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Nice one. Badly needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Nice one. Badly needed.

Strange one that. It is within the campsite area, so you'd be choosing to pay rather than get booze from your tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

the Salty Dog getting a huge makeover and we need details,not the stuff from the website either, actual plans.

So is the Tribe Called Quest gig still on, didn't someone mention earlier they cancelled a gig in August due to grief over the death of Phife Dawg.  Just listening to We Got it from Here, I hope they don't cancel EP I'm loving that record.

They cancelled a festival appearance in San Fran a couple of days after a sold-out show of their own in Denver (links to a Denver review and article about the cancellation below).

They only have 2 gigs left afaik - EP and Bestival. A cancellation could happen, as could an anticlimactic gig where the crowd don't know their tunes and the vibe generally ain't right.

Hopefully neither happens and it's a great show!

Denver review

San Fran cancellation

Very likely if they're scheduled after Pete Tong as they'll be left with a relatively small audience. Before him could work very well, assuming they're both main stage. Personally I'd love ATCQ to headline the EA, has happened before with My Bloody Valentine when they were headliners in 2008. But I'm sadly only too aware it won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭endainoz

If we get this kind of rain in two weeks, the picnic might float away. ☔

Strange one that. It is within the campsite area, so you'd be choosing to pay rather than get booze from your tent.

Can't see it being overly busy early in the day but by evening time when the best bands come in there'll be plenty that won't want to walk back and forth to their tents.

Strange one that.  It is within the campsite area, so you'd be choosing to pay rather than get booze from your tent.

Can't see it being overly busy early in the day but by evening time when the best bands come in there'll be plenty that won't want to walk back and forth to their tents.
    A fresh cold beer beats a warm can anyday. EP is a holiday for me and as such I write off the cash I waste on food & beer there. I have some at the tent but it's not worth the hassle of going back and forth and missing bands.  Very different when I was in my skint teens & twenties at fests.
    I don't earn a huge amount of money but enough to have some choices. And cold lager is option number one.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Listened to Otherkin and Car seat headset based on recommendations from here. Very very impressed and both are now on my list.

Anyone got any other recommendations like these ?

Ricey92 wrote: »
    Listened to Otherkin and Car seat headset based on recommendations from here. Very very impressed and both are now on my list.

Anyone got any other recommendations like these ?

New Valley Wolves and The Touts are both bands that were recommended here and both are must see for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Fago123 wrote: »
    Drizzle? Isolated bad spots?? Were you at the same festival as me?!

Sure there was on/off rain over the weekend and Sunday night was pretty miserable, but it wasn't exactly torrential, if you had even a poncho or similar it was barely noticeable.

The ground was perfectly fine, that site seems to hold up pretty well maybe due to all the surrounding trees, the only dodgy spot was around the salty dog, but you could walk around the edges.

If you think last year was bad I'd possibly suggest that you never ever go to Glastonbury EVER!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I downloaded Trainspotting 2 last night and enjoyed the film, but what got me even more excited was the soundtrack, I really enjoyed the three tracks by Young Fathers, so will make a special effort to see them. I think folk were raving about them a few year back when they played the Body & Soul village.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

I downloaded Trainspotting 2 last night and enjoyed the film, but what got me even more excited was the soundtrack, I really enjoyed the three tracks by Young Fathers, so will make a special effort to see them.  I think folk were raving about them a few year back when they played the Body & Soul village.

They were on the Body & Soul main stage after Tune-Yards in 2014, Friday night I think. Great set & great energy. An even better band now I think, love the T2 stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I downloaded Trainspotting 2 last night and enjoyed the film, but what got me even more excited was the soundtrack, I really enjoyed the three tracks by Young Fathers, so will make a special effort to see them. I think folk were raving about them a few year back when they played the Body & Soul village.

You won't be disappointed. Top of the list for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Has anyone considered this Kipngo service? Its like pink moon but in the general campsite. Tents look a little ****e and Joplin is the only option.

http://kipngo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just settling to watch a bit of this.

Edit: I changed video, this is a better audio, other one was very low in sound.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Sat down with the misses and went through the line up making our lists of who we want to see...loadssss on mine this year!

Our "Must See" list so far is The xx, Run The Jewels, London Grammar, Bicep, Kiasmos, Mr. Jukes, Kelly Lee Owens, Le Boom and Public Service Broadcasting.

Heaps more across the weekend but if I get all them in I'll be a happy man Monday morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Tip:
    I have a thermos cool bag. I 90% froze cans last EP and they were still fairly cold on the Sunday afternoon. It's well insulated but importantly it doesn't weigh much. (it's better not to freeze beer too hard as it goes a little flat but cider is fine thawed from frozen)

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6064992/Trail/searchtext%3EThermos.htm

askU wrote: »
    Tip:
    I have a thermos cool bag. I 90% froze cans last EP and they were still fairly cold on the Sunday afternoon. It's well insulated but importantly it doesn't weigh much. (it's better not to freeze beer too hard as it goes a little flat but cider is fine thawed from frozen)

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6064992/Trail/searchtext%3EThermos.htm

froze bottles of water and put them into the cool box among the cans,still cold, sure the weather helped, on sunday morning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

askU wrote: »
    Tip:

How long did you put the beer in the freezer? I have a bag of wine frozen I'm using to help keep beer cold atm

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

Ask and you shall receive.... we've a gin bar and a whiskey bar going into Trailer Park beside the Tiki Bar.

Well you've made me very happy. Will be top of list for visit as soon as it opens Friday :D

• Advertisement

sassyj wrote: »
    Well you've made me very happy. Will be top of list for visit as soon as it opens Friday :D

First tears by Friday 6pm.

Advertisement