Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Johnny boy85

MJohnston wrote: »
    What company did you book with?
    We booked with LMP Bohemia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

howdy, just wondering if anyone knows where i'll be camping if i am staying in a Yurt? i was in Pink Moon last year and remember seeing Yurts, Pods etc but a friend is suggesting we may be in the 'boutique campsite'. Cheers

over the otherside of the arena to pinkmoon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

We booked with LMP Bohemia

Pretty sure you're in the main Boutique camping area then, not Pink Moon. Pink Moon section contains Pink Moon and I believe also Festihuts and maybe PodPads too.

But you should have received instructions from LPM as to where to go, no?

MJohnston wrote: »
    Pretty sure you're in the main Boutique camping area then, not Pink Moon. Pink Moon section contains Pink Moon and I believe also Festihuts and maybe PodPads too.

But you should have received instructions from LPM as to where to go, no?

i think you're right, not sure about instructions, i didn't book it! i'll ask the person who booked it, cheers

Jack L,hazelwood at midnight on the Sunday:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If its wet or sunny, it doesn't matter festival shenanigans a plenty. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

howdy, just wondering if anyone knows where i'll be camping if i am staying in a Yurt? i was in Pink Moon last year and remember seeing Yurts, Pods etc but a friend is suggesting we may be in the 'boutique campsite'. Cheers

Its the field before Hendrix or after Hendrix coming from the crossroads, I know because every time I pass the boutique field when on something it seems like the tepee's look like massive Klu Klux Khan. I mentioned this before I think.

Its the field before Hendrix or after Hendrix coming from the crossroads, I know because every time I pass the boutique field when on something it seems like the tepee's look like massive Klu Klux Khan. I mentioned this before I think.

Cool, thanks, looks like trying to get into the Yellow car park will be top of the agenda!

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?id=91&week=1

lidl doing festival specials on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

anyone know where i might get some decent water proof boots that dont cost the earth.... dont fancy paying over 100 euro for something ill probably only wear once or twice

• Advertisement

jobless wrote: »
    anyone know where i might get some decent water proof boots that dont cost the earth.... dont fancy paying over 100 euro for something ill probably only wear once or twice

try the Co-Op

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Was thinking that yesterday, I'd assume the site build out has already begun or is gearing up this week.

Live very close to it and I can confirm work started around the August bank holiday. Seemingly there is 500 workers on site

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Questionable?

Poorside wrote:
    lidl doing festival specials on thursday

That 4 man dome tent looks like great value, anyone have any experience with Lidl tents?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Those rain capes look alright too for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Something like this?
    http://ie.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-mount-mid-mens-walking-boots-182105?colcode=18210503

yeah been looking at sports direct.... should definately get a weekend out of the them

Poorside wrote: »
    try the Co-Op

wheres that :) ... im in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

Any farm store should have it, might need to leave the pale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

That 4 man dome tent looks like great value, anyone have any experience with Lidl tents?
    got the 4-man dome one a few years ago and it was perfectly good for for 7 or 8 festivals anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Sports direct (place in Dublin, one in Carrickmines, or online) always have cheap hiking boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

That blow up tent from lidl looks class! I'd totally buy that if I didn't already have a tent

One of the techno DJs playing Body & Soul, Neil Flynn, for some reason I was mixing his name up as Neil Finn, anyway I remember right after Blur in 2015 we wandered up to the Earthship stage catching a bit of Donal Dineen's set and then Neil Flynn took over who just blew us away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Ahead of his headline slot at Casa Bacardí, legendary selector Jackmaster said “If you are a DJ, your life is like a holiday - playing the Casa Bacardí​ stage at Electric Picnic is the best kind of holiday. Rain or shine - you can’t beat the atmosphere and energy at an Irish festival. I’m really looking forward to taking to the stage and will definitely stick around to catch Krystal Klear on Sunday night.’’

a bit hard when you're playing in Portugal on Sunday, Jack :pac:

Now that the full line up is out, what acts are we expecting to have on the main stage this year?

This is a complete guess but I could see something along these lines:
    Friday: Hudson Taylor > London Grammar > Run the Jewels > The XX
    Saturday: Keywest > The Riptide Movement > All Tvvins > Madness > Phoenix > A Tribe Called Quest > Pete Tong
    Sunday: Dublin Gospel Choir > The Skatalites > Rag N Bone Man > The Pretenders > Chaka Khan > Elbow > Duran Duran

Do You not think Interpol will be on the main stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

I think A Tribe called Quest will be the main headliner on Saturday!

Do people think that the Lidl 4 man dome tent is worth the set up for the extra space over the 2 man inflatable tent? It's just for me and my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I really hope they are headlining Electric Arena. Would be much better.

I really hope they are headlining Electric Arena. Would be much better.

agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They could yeah, I'd say it is between them or Phoenix to headline the EA on Saturday night and I am going to go with Interpol. Was just thinking about it today, I can really see A Tribe Called Quest being a flop of a headliner for some reason, not that they are bad but I don't think they will capture the casual persons interest enough and I would question how big of a proper fan base they have in Ireland.

Nice to see the stage times for Casa Bacardi, can definitely see my weekend starting there with Mix & Fairbanks followed by Get Down Edits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Advertisement