Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Johnny boy85

They could yeah, I'd say it is between them or Phoenix to headline the EA on Saturday night and I am going to go with Interpol. Was just thinking about it today, I can really see A Tribe Called Quest being a flop of a headliner for some reason, not that they are bad but I don't think they will capture the casual persons interest enough and I would question how big of a proper fan base they have in Ireland.

Nice to see the stage times for Casa Bacardi, can definitely see my weekend starting there with Mix & Fairbanks followed by Get Down Edits!

Yeah, i am hoping that Interpol and Pete Thong don't clash, quite different i know but i'd like to catch both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I think A Tribe called Quest will be the main headliner on Saturday!

Do people think that the Lidl 4 man dome tent is worth the set up for the extra space over the 2 man inflatable tent? It's just for me and my friend

Definitely, you'll be glad of the space. Especially if it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

They could yeah, I'd say it is between them or Phoenix to headline the EA on Saturday night and I am going to go with Interpol. Was just thinking about it today, I can really see A Tribe Called Quest being a flop of a headliner for some reason, not that they are bad but I don't think they will capture the casual persons interest enough and I would question how big of a proper fan base they have in Ireland.

Nice to see the stage times for Casa Bacardi, can definitely see my weekend starting there with Mix & Fairbanks followed by Get Down Edits!

Yeah, i am hoping that Interpol and Pete Thong don't clash, quite different i know but i'd like to catch both
    Is that a tongue-in-cheek reference (or even, tongue in thong!) to Mr. Tong, or a genuine, wonderful typo?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

Picked up plain wellies in Great Outdoors for €20 in Dublin if anyone looking. They had men and womens there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭gandalfio

jobless wrote: »
    anyone know where i might get some decent water proof boots that dont cost the earth.... dont fancy paying over 100 euro for something ill probably only wear once or twice

These guys on Mary St sell hitech and the likes for reasonable prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Johnny boy85

mgkelly wrote: »
    Is that a tongue-in-cheek reference (or even, tongue in thong!) to Mr. Tong, or a genuine, wonderful typo?! :D
    Ah the old auto correct strikes again, this time not as bad as telling a girl i wanted to give her a 'kick out':)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

gandalfio wrote: »

Just like the old Mojoe Tojoe :D:D:D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

gandalfio wrote: »

I got 5 years out of the last pair of hi-tecs i had, reasonable for the money, have replaced them this year with a pair of the same in case the nasty happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Liking 'Tale of Us'. Deep House / Techno buzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

jobless wrote: »
    anyone know where i might get some decent water proof boots that dont cost the earth.... dont fancy paying over 100 euro for something ill probably only wear once or twice

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/eu/curlews-mens-walking-shoes-p10979.aspx/

I bought those in Blanch for 35 quid. Should be ok I hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

Question for folks who have attended in a campervan before. My campervan has an 11kg gas tank, but the T&Cs say the tank can't be more than 7kg, do they check the gas lockers to see what size the gas is or will I be safe enough? Just want to save myself the hassle of buying a 7kg tank that I'll never use!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davew121

Deeluu wrote: »
    Question for folks who have attended in a campervan before. My campervan has an 11kg gas tank, but the T&Cs say the tank can't be more than 7kg, do they check the gas lockers to see what size the gas is or will I be safe enough? Just want to save myself the hassle of buying a 7kg tank that I'll never use!

They opened my locker for a search but didn't seem to check the gas bottle for size.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

mgkelly wrote: »

Or even tongue-in-cheek-in-thong?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

Could you do without the gas at all if they do check though?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I think A Tribe called Quest will be the main headliner on Saturday!

Do people think that the Lidl 4 man dome tent is worth the set up for the extra space over the 2 man inflatable tent? It's just for me and my friend

2 people need at least a 4 man for comfort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Weather predictions...

Accuweather:

Friday: 18c Mostly Cloudy, no rain
    Saturday: 17c A little afternoon rain
    Sunday: 19c Morning rain and then a shower later

Timeanddate.com:

Friday: 20c 38% chance of rain, pretty light showers
    Saturday: 19c 49% chance of rain, overcast and slightly heavier showers.
    Sunday: 18c 45% chance of rain, overcast and slightly heavier showers.

Theweathernetwork:

Friday: 18c 20% chance of rain, 1mm
    Saturday: 19c 60% chance of rain, 1mm
    Sunday: 18c 40% chance of rain, 10mm

To be continued.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Going to be spending the next week or so listening to a lot of the acts I wouldn't be as familiar with. Listened to a good few tonight, Father John Misty doesn't do it for me at all. Can't decide about Interpol or Elbow yet. Liking Real Estate and All Tvvins more than I thought I would. Anyone able to recommend anything by Car Seat Headrest, Young Fathers or Everything Everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

They never checked us, for years running. Is a nonsense condition not enforced.

Seriously dont worry yourself about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ah I know about 5 of the acts really and I know I should be doing my homework, but the reality is that I'm not going to like most of them before I hear them live and once I do I'll really like them. I'me very set in my ways with my music. Almost everything in my spotify playlists is more than 20 years old. Love live music done well though so really looking forward to it.

Like I just looked at the poster and had to google were Lake Swimming a new indie band, but no, it's just saying people are allowed to swim in the lake.

What's all your top 3 must see acts then for this one? Mine are Pete Tong, The Pretenders and Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

adam240610 wrote: »
    Could you do without the gas at all if they do check though?

Not really, it would take the good out of it. Fridge and heating runs off the gas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Jayop wrote: »
    What's all your top 3 must see acts then for this one? Mine are Pete Tong, The Pretenders and Madness.

Imma leave off the headliners here because **** it, but off the middle my top 3 will be Soulwax, Aldous Harding, Real Estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Alkers

Deeluu wrote:
    Not really, it would take the good out of it. Fridge and heating runs off the gas!

It will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Heuston97

Spotify link of a playlist of the acts that will be good! Mura Masa is definitely worth going too! Madness is another , even for people that are s younger generation , I'm 20 and love them

h.ttps://open.spotify.com/user/1181553307/playlist/0rlMfdR2ZH1VUfFNPmfojo

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Heuston97

Heuston97 wrote: »
    Spotify link of a playlist of the acts that will be good! Mura Masa is definitely worth going too! Madness is another , even for people that are s younger generation , I'm 20 and love them

h.ttps://open.spotify.com/user/1181553307/playlist/0rlMfdR2ZH1VUfFNPmfojo

just delete the . after the h as Url link wouldn't post other wise

Official App is updated with some details such as map etc.. to be released closer to the time

davew121 wrote: »
    Official App is updated with some details such as map etc.. to be released closer to the time

Actually everything is missing apart from line up and info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

davew121 wrote: »
    Actually everything is missing apart from line up and info

Just did a quick favourites list, 36 on my list already, imma gonna be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

39 favourites here :-/
    Although some comedians and food stuff in that.

Going through the line up I came across Fontaines. They sound promising. Will give them a listen today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MJohnston wrote: »
    Jayop wrote: »

Imma leave off the headliners here because **** it, but off the middle my top 3 will be Soulwax, Aldous Harding, Real Estate.
    For me today it's Father John Misty, Pretenders & Michael Kiwanuka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Poorside wrote: »
    Just did a quick favourites list, 36 on my list already, imma gonna be busy.

Ha Ha - Man I think you need to add Fontaines to your list given your posts. I just listened to a couple of tracks.

Advertisement