Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Moby , Kasabian & The Strokes would be perfect for me :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Radiohead would be better off just doing their own gig, which I think is more likely. They played to over 40,000 people in Berlin a couple of weeks ago (some things said it was 60,000), either way it was a huge crowd. They've been playing 2.5-3 hour sets this year. They are meticulous with their sound and set up, EP has gone a little backwards of late in that respect, though maybe the weather this year impacted as there had been marked improvements over the previous the few years. 2009 was awful soundwise is what I remember on nearly every stage.

Half an EP crowd wouldn't bother with them too I'd fear, or it would be lost on them. Unless they played the Sunday and they'd get a load of day trippers just in to see them. 2-3 Nights in 3Arena or if outdoor possibly Kilmainham or Marlay Park in Olympia would be more likely.

EP will likely sell out, so the promise of Radiohead will be there.

Daft Punk is pie in the sky I'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Weepsie wrote: »
    Radiohead would be better off just doing their own gig, which I think is more likely. They played to over 40,000 people in Berlin a couple of weeks ago (some things said it was 60,000), either way it was a huge crowd. They've been playing 2.5-3 hour sets this year. They are meticulous with their sound and set up, EP has gone a little backwards of late in that respect, though maybe the weather this year impacted as there had been marked improvements over the previous the few years. 2009 was awful soundwise is what I remember on nearly every stage.

Half an EP crowd wouldn't bother with them too I'd fear, or it would be lost on them. Unless they played the Sunday and they'd get a load of day trippers just in to see them. 2-3 Nights in 3Arena or if outdoor possibly Kilmainham or Marlay Park in Olympia would be more likely.

EP will likely sell out, so the promise of Radiohead will be there.

Daft Punk is pie in the sky I'd think.

That wasn't their own gig but Lollapalooza Berlin, a Festival Republic event. Hence the hope they'll do another FR gig next September.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    That wasn't their own gig but Lollapalooza Berlin, a Festival Republic event. Hence the hope they'll do another FR gig next September.

I know, I was there and this year was primarily a festival tour. They were at maximum capacity for that event, the pushed Primavera and NOS to max capacity too and could've sold far more for both of them.

Notably too, many of the festivals they played all had options for Day only tickets. EP doesn't, so if Radiohead did play, it would nearly have to be on the Sunday but I would still think it far more likely they do an arena or their own gig. They probably would have done it this year, but they were not required once it sold out.

I know, I was there and this year was primarily a festival tour. They were at maximum capacity for that event, the pushed Primavera and NOS to max capacity too and could've sold far more for both of them.

Notably too, many of the festivals they played all had options for Day only tickets. EP doesn't, so if Radiohead did play, it would nearly have to be on the Sunday but I would still think it far more likely they do an arena or their own gig. They probably would have done it this year, but they were not required once it sold out.
    How were they? Setlist looks great.

• Advertisement

They were brilliant, and as good as they have ever been if not better. The OH saw them at NOS too and came back thinking it was the best concert she had ever been too.

I'd never hesitate to go see them now. Years ago, i hummed and hawed as I do about most gigs but growing up I guess sees me realise just how good and important they are.

I'll be envious if they play EP, as it's the first one in nearly 10 years I can't be at.

They were brilliant, and as good as they have ever been if not better. The OH saw them at NOS too and came back thinking it was the best concert she had ever been too.

I'd never hesitate to go see them now. Years ago, i hummed and hawed as I do about most gigs but growing up I guess sees me realise just how good and important they are.

I'll be envious if they play EP, as it's the first one in nearly 10 years I can't be at.
    Good to hear re Berlin.

And if they do festivals again in 2017 I reckon EP is very very likely. If not they're long overdue for a return so a standalone gig must be a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jeezo its hard to believe its just nearly a month since the 2016 EP happened, it seems like no time ago, ah well another eleven months to go. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

335 sleeps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

335 sleeps

And only about 25 if you are an insomniac. Lucky insomniacs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Moby , Kasabian & The Strokes would be perfect for me :)

Kasabian will do wonders for those concerned with Oxegen culture at Stradbally.

Wooderson wrote: »

True, I hope they don't play EP and if they do, well off to another stage for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

In which direction, positive or negative? Not a fan of them me self but they're the type that would help further guarantee a sell out and again give lie to the previously discussed suggestion that ep cannot get Glastonbury type headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I've seen Kasabian a good few times and they are always good but id rather something a bit more interesting. The last album wasn't great either hopefully the next one will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

In which direction, positive or negative? Not a fan of them me self but they're the type that would help further guarantee a sell out and again give lie to the previously discussed suggestion that ep cannot get Glastonbury type headliners.

Bar Rod Stewart, the worst headliner in a generation at Worthy Farm.

Bar Rod Stewart, the worst headliner in a generation at Worthy Farm.

Ahem.... Sons of Mumford may disagree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Could The National be a possibility? They played new material at Longitude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Could Robbie Williams be an EP17 possibility?? (Did i just say that)

There's no way they'd book Robbie and I don't think he'd do it anyway. Doesn't really do festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Placebo sounding fantastic on Radio 6 Music Live this morning .. would be a very welcome sub-headliner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MadYaker wrote: »
    There's no way they'd book Robbie and I don't think he'd do it anyway. Doesn't really do festivals.

Possibly! It was a bit of a **** stir comment anyway ;)

Speaking of stiring, I see Coldplay are doing a croke park gig in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Kasabian at Seapoint Ballroom in Galway one of my best ever gigs so yeah I'd take them as headliners.

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Kasabian at Seapoint Ballroom in Galway one of my best ever gigs so yeah I'd take them as headliners.

Was raging when they announced that tour as it was right in the middle of my exams :(

Tago Mago wrote: »

Ha! I was there and you're right it was fairly epic. There must have been only around 1000 people in there, maybe less? Such a sweatbox though!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ha! I was there and you're right it was fairly epic. There must have been only around 1000 people in there, maybe less? Such a sweatbox though!

Mad. Headlined Glasto few months later. Same again may be wishful thinking. :cool:

I'm hoping maybe Future Islands will have a new album out next year so maybe they will be in the 2017 line up too.

I'm hoping maybe Future Islands will have a new album out next year so maybe they will be in the 2017 line up too.

They were great last year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

They were great last year

I thought they were very decidedly *not* a main stage act.

MJohnston wrote: »
    I thought they were very decidedly *not* a main stage act.

By all intents and purposes judging by the video footage it looked like they rocked the main stage and the crowd was well up for it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I dunno, I love them, but their sound was lost to me on that stage. Could barely hear Herring at all a lot of the time.

Advertisement