Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

any good beer deals around ... i think tesco are doing 24 cans for 30 euro on most brands ... anyone know of anything better

• Registered Users Posts: 20 brgn hntr

I have booked the eco camping places and have a regular weekend camping ticket. Just need 1 more ticket and wondered if the family ones would work in eco and without kids! Have NO wish to enter the family campsite!

Thanks for the responses! Getting fierce excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

brgn hntr wrote: »
    I have booked the eco camping places and have a regular weekend camping ticket. Just need 1 more ticket and wondered if the family ones would work in eco and without kids! Have NO wish to enter the family campsite!

Thanks for the responses! Getting fierce excited now!

you will be fine so ... cant wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

any good beer deals around ... i think tesco are doing 24 cans for 30 euro on most brands ... anyone know of anything better

24 Canadians for 26 euro is what I got in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

adam240610 wrote: »
    24 Canadians for 26 euro is what I got in tesco

Your poor arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

Think I'm going down the route of 24 Prazsky and a 700ml bottle of Jameson. Although Bavaria is usually my festival beer of choice so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Anyone have any experience in buying Pink Moon on reseller market? Chatting to a few people but want to make sure I have my bases covered and all is above board.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Just a warning re buying from onsite off licence and staying in pink moon.... it's a disaster. It's a long walk from pink moon to pick up your beers over in Hendrix. Then the walk back is even longer because you can't take them back through arena. Kinda ruined our Friday afternoon a couple years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Is there a place to buy ice one of the campsites?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Is there a place to buy ice one of the campsites?

The shop in the Hendrix used to have it. If you cant get it there, I'll charge €15 a bag from my campervan ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Questionable?

Anyone know if you can bring sealed plastic bottles of soft drinks over 500ml? The website only mentions ones under 500ml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone know if you can bring sealed plastic bottles of soft drinks over 500ml? The website only mentions ones under 500ml

Into the campsites? Yes
    Into the arena? No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I've never been stopped with large bottles of soft drinks. Should be fine. (into campsites that is, never tried bringing them into the arena)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

room_149 wrote: »
    The shop in the Hendrix used to have it. If you cant get it there, I'll charge €15 a bag from my campervan ;)

A lot cheaper in Supervalu in Stradbally I think, was it 1.50 for a bag of ice from there I can't remember, but I think its something stupid like a fiver in the campsite shop and 2 euro for a normal packet of skins.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Only water. They want you to buy their soft drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Into the campsites? Yes
    Into the arena? No

There is drinking water available though near the portaloos so just bring a reusable bottle with you.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

A quick search on donedeal for "electric picnic" brings up 760 ads (granted the last two or 3 pages are cars/campers). That just seems like a huge amount of people trying to get rid of tickets! Most prices are €250-300, I can see that dropping massively over the next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

And 250 listings on adverts, mostly €250 or less.

Be some bargains late next week I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Slow Riot sound great. Along the lines of Interpol

Edit:
    I see Crow Black Chicken are playing Trailer Park now too.
    They weren't in the last announcement, but are a quality bluesy rock addition!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Edit:
    Crow Black Chicken are very good. Looking forward to them. There's plenty of similar smaller bands who don't make it onto the announcement. Fallen Light are another that should be making an appearance on Trailer Park as well as in Minefield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Wooderson

if you applied and got eco camping you can use your family camping as an entrance ticket with no kids

if you had no kids the only difference is you wouldnt be allowed entry to the family camping campsite

If youre not bringing kids a cool thing to do would be to swap the family camping ticket for a general one. People are desperate for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Edit:
    How did you spot that they were playing? It's annoying when that happened.

I heard a lady on Pat Kenny many months ago saying she was playing EP but she still isn't on the line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

How did you spot that they were playing? It's annoying when that happened.

I heard a lady on Pat Kenny many months ago saying she was playing EP but she still isn't on the line-up.

I saw them mention on Twitter that they were playing the mindfield slam tent? (there seems to be a lot of music in there this year).
    There's an A-Z on the EP site so i searched this morning and it lists the stages acts are playing (it doesn't specify what stage once they're in the main arena though).

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Your poor arse

As far as cheap beer goes I kinda like it, be grand if my frozen wine helps keep it cold haha

Will make the ones I buy that much nicer!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Wooderson wrote: »
    If youre not bringing kids a cool thing to do would be to swap the family camping ticket for a general one. People are desperate for them.

Yeah, please do that, try Toutless, because you're taking a family spot away from a family that might really need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

anyone know if you can bring spirits into the campsite? someone mentioned it on here but I can't find anything about it in the what's allowed section of the EP site. Was thinking of just sticking it into a metal water bottle I have but don't wanna fork out for a full bottle of whiskey if they'll confiscate it at bag check

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭LowOdour

A question ive asked before, didnt get a reply but can i go between the main area and pink moon (or any campsite) with a pint, which is in a plastic pint glass/cup? il be going back to the tent maybe once during the day, would be nice to top up with a can before i head back into the arena

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

LowOdour wrote: »
    A question ive asked before, didnt get a reply but can i go between the main area and pink moon (or any campsite) with a pint, which is in a plastic pint glass/cup? il be going back to the tent maybe once during the day, would be nice to top up with a can before i head back into the arena

You can, wonder can you do it at the main gates this year because of the extra bars outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

long term forecast looking ok..... hopefully stays that way!...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

anyone know if you can bring spirits into the campsite? someone mentioned it on here but I can't find anything about it in the what's allowed section of the EP site. Was thinking of just sticking it into a metal water bottle I have but don't wanna fork out for a full bottle of whiskey if they'll confiscate it at bag check

As long as it's not in glass you're good

Advertisement