Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

I saw them mention on Twitter that they were playing the mindfield slam tent? (there seems to be a lot of music in there this year).
    There's an A-Z on the EP site so i searched this morning and it lists the stages acts are playing (it doesn't specify what stage once they're in the main arena though).
    A-Z isn't comprehensive either.

For example, a band called Penrose is playing the Bandstand in Body and Soul and they aren't listed.

Worse again, a band called Coda is playing somewhere and the Facebook page that the EP website lists is for a completely different band for the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

anyone know if you can bring spirits into the campsite? someone mentioned it on here but I can't find anything about it in the what's allowed section of the EP site. Was thinking of just sticking it into a metal water bottle I have but don't wanna fork out for a full bottle of whiskey if they'll confiscate it at bag check

As long as it isn't in a glass bottle, you'll be fine, I don't think they really bother with quantity checks, but if you have 5l of whiskey in plastic bottles, that might not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

do they still do the order/collect beers at EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Yr giving a very dry second half of next week! Only goes until Friday, but a good start....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Crow Black Chicken are very good. Looking forward to them. There's plenty of similar smaller bands who don't make it onto the announcement. Fallen Light are another that should be making an appearance on Trailer Park as well as in Minefield.

where is the full list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

so .. we can bring in a bag of maximum size A4 into the arena. How much booze can I smuggle in an A4 bag for god's sake. And where the hell would one get an A4 man bag?

I predict that this won't be strictly enforced.

What do people think ... ?

roll wrote: »
    Yr giving a very dry second half of next week! Only goes until Friday, but a good start....

I'll repeat my earlier warning, forecast for this weekend are very low confidence right now, so any for next week will be almost 0% confidence - that's not to say there's 0% chance that they will be correct, but that they can be said that they will be correct.

It's not just general forecasting inaccuracies, the current atmospheric conditions are such that it's extremely chaotic for prediction purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

MJohnston wrote: »
    I'll repeat my earlier warning, forecast for this weekend are very low confidence right now, so any for next week will be almost 0% confidence - that's not to say there's 0% chance that they will be correct, but that they can be said that they will be correct.

It's not just general forecasting inaccuracies, the current atmospheric conditions are such that it's extremely chaotic for prediction purposes.

Any gig I've been to so far haven't exactly enforced this. Think as long as you don't rock in with a 20 ltr ruck sack you be fine

so .. we can bring in a bag of maximum size A4 into the arena. How much booze can I smuggle in an A4 bag for god's sake. And where the hell would one get an A4 man bag?

I predict that this is won't be strictly enforced.

Big Grill Festival there last weekend had warnings all over their website that it'd be A4 bags or smaller only, no large umbrellas, etc.

They didn't even have a security check.

I suspect EP won't be too different. Of course, predicting security at EP is a science, probably someone has charted out the different levels of scrutiny they've received at different times of the day, or when the queues are specific lengths.

gaffolino wrote: »
    Any gig I've been to so far haven't exactly enforced this. Think as long as you don't rock in with a 20 ltr ruck sack you be fine

Sorry wrong quote! In regards to the a4 size bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

various festivals this summer have said "no bags" nd have been full of people with bags.
    restricting bags into the arena from the campsites makes absolutely no sense.

I would guess you're quite right in that it won't be strictly enforced. it hasn't been enforced at any other festival i've been to either here or abroad this summer.

they might enforce it if you take the piss with a large rucksack into the arena, but a normal backpack should be fine, same as every other year.

gaffolino wrote: »
    Sorry wrong quote! In regards to the a4 size bag

So the zip-locked vodka bags in my false bottom festival beaten shoulder bag will be out in force again :) ... has never let me down yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ianeglington

Has anyone ever bought one of these rain coats that Lidl will have in from tomorrow? https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=1511

Im out of the country and want to know if its worth getting someone to pick one up for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I've not got a bag that's A4 or smaller, just one that's a little bigger & can take a laptop. I've got no option but to take it as can't afford to buy a new bag just for the weekend in case they tightly enforce this. What can you fit in an A4 sized bag anyway?
    I don't expect to be stopped with this and think it's just a warning to people not to bring in large bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

so how strict is the searching going into the main arena.... do they pull back packs apart?...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

jobless wrote: »
    so how strict is the searching going into the main arena.... do they pull back packs apart?...

Depends on who you get tbh. Some are "immigration" level and some don't give two ****s

pretty much yes is the answer ... sometimes when it is very busy you just get waved through, but generally bags are checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

usually they'll have a root around, yes.
    sometimes they'll just give it a quick pat.
    other times they'll go through every pocket and your wallet.

depends on the person/time really.

"A4 sized" is meaningless anyway, as A4 is a two-dimensional size.

Good luck explaining that to the Glaswegian security.

• Advertisement

unrelated but... If you are using a back pack can you please not stand in front of me at any gigs? Thanks in advance.

Shoulder bags FTW, spin them around to the front if potential for other punter annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

"Meaningless"?

That's a bit size-ist against X and Y values. Down with this kind of thing!

X and Y lives matter!

Depends on who you get really. I've had people pull my handbag apart and nearly do a full body and then I've had people just glance and say go head

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Woohoo our campervan pass arrived :)

alastair wrote: »
    "Meaningless"?

That's a bit size-ist against X and Y values. Down with this kind of thing!

X and Y lives matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭iFreeley

What time would it be advisable to arrive to guarantee a spot in Hendrix campsite? Coming from Galway so was thinking of leaving around 7am?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

iFreeley wrote: »
    What time would it be advisable to arrive to guarantee a spot in Hendrix campsite? Coming from Galway so was thinking of leaving around 7am?

Ideal

What time is the main arena likely to open on Friday? It's been circa 4pm in the past but I think earlier now, approx 2pm? No info I can find on the official site, only related to general admittance to campsites.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Good luck explaining that to the Glaswegian security.

Glaswegian lad on gate each year "Where ar yuhur dhrugs mate?"
    ME "Drugs? You look like you dont need anymore of those good sir"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Slow Riot sound great. Along the lines of Interpol

Edit:
    I see Crow Black Chicken are playing Trailer Park now too.
    They weren't in the last announcement, but are a quality bluesy rock addition!
    CrowBlackChicken are excellent! Saw them previously at Jerry Fish's set up. They were superb.

Advertisement