Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    What time is the main arena likely to open on Friday? It's been circa 4pm in the past but I think earlier now, approx 2pm? No info I can find on the official site, only related to general admittance to campsites.
    General admission is from 9am on Friday morning. Main Arena opens at 12pm.

D.Q wrote: »
    Crow Black Chicken are very good. Looking forward to them. There's plenty of similar smaller bands who don't make it onto the announcement. Fallen Light are another that should be making an appearance on Trailer Park as well as in Minefield.

where is the full list?
     Here you go https://www.electricpicnic.ie/line-up/artist-a-z

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eoghan18

Yeah the security lads are sound so long as you don't take the piss

Any B&S volunteers on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    What time is the main arena likely to open on Friday? It's been circa 4pm in the past but I think earlier now, approx 2pm? No info I can find on the official site, only related to general admittance to campsites.
    General admission is from 9am on Friday morning. Main Arena opens at 12pm.
    Excellent, thanks. If there pre-midday it's nice to get into the main arena early afternoon. I get bored of hanging around the campsite and waiting til 4pm in the past has been a drudge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

In past years it has been possible to order alcohol in advance and pick it up there. Has anyone any idea if this facility is available this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

smeal wrote: »
    In past years it has been possible to order alcohol in advance and pick it up there. Has anyone any idea if this facility is available this year?

Not sure if it's open for pre-orders yet but http://order.electricpicnic.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

When they say a4 size, they don't strictly mean a4, they mean school bag size, like the ones you would put your A4 books into! (that's my take on it anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ronfee

Ace of Base added to Electric Ireland Stage (well the lead singer anyway) - I saw the sign!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

iFreeley wrote: »
    What time would it be advisable to arrive to guarantee a spot in Hendrix campsite? Coming from Galway so was thinking of leaving around 7am?

Have a wee lie in.....leave at 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Jenny Greene playingbthe Friday night again.... 2fm doing a history of hip hop in Rankin Wood at 8, followed by Greene and the concert orchestra... I will be anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭gandalfio

eoghan18 wrote: »
    Yeah you can move between campsites and saltydog/rave in the woods with your booze as long as it's not in glass. You do not get stopped between campsites but only when you go into the main arena where most of the stages are.

At the main arena you will get all drink confiscated (except for the naggin down the jocks :))

Do you know if it's possible to get from boutique camping to salty dog without a search? ie in order to bring cans to salty dog like everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A-Z isn't comprehensive either.

For example, a band called Penrose is playing the Bandstand in Body and Soul and they aren't listed.

Worse again, a band called Coda is playing somewhere and the Facebook page that the EP website lists is for a completely different band for the same name.

The information about the smaller stages will be in the Picnic programme paperback book you get with the laminate timetable yoke that you put around yer neck. It will be in different chapters, Main Arena and the tents, Body & Soul, Trenchtown, Trailer Park and Rave in the woods etc...

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Jenny Greene playingbthe Friday night again.... 2fm doing a history of hip hop in Rankin Wood at 8, followed by Greene and the concert orchestra... I will be anywhere else.
    Pete Tong must be sh*tting himself now about his set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,975 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ronfee wrote: »
    Ace of Base added to Electric Ireland Stage (well the lead singer anyway) - I saw the sign!

IMHO, one of the worst bands of all time. The popularity of their songs will always baffle me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,975 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

EP app now available to download, according to twitter

Any B&S volunteers on here?

Yep I volunteered at Body & Soul festival for the last five years but I always volunteer with Festival Republic for the Picnic, we are the pinkies you see at the main entrance checking the wristbands. Never done the Body & Soul Village volunteering as yet, its two twelve hour shifts isn't it, FR split it into four six hour shifts for advanced anyway from Monday to Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Could they milk that Jenny Greene Orchestra performance any more? Its all i've heard on the radio since last EP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

everlast75 wrote: »
    EP app now available to download, according to twitter

it is but there's nothing on it, both the map and schedule are "released closer to the festival"

Yep I volunteered at Body & Soul festival for the last five years but I always volunteer with Festival Republic for the Picnic, we are the pinkies you see at the main entrance checking the wristbands. Never done the Body & Soul Village volunteering as yet, its two twelve hour shifts isn't it, FR split it into four six hour shifts for advanced anyway from Monday to Thursday.
    Oh yeah what are the people like? was it a good experience? I am doing 2 X 12 hr pre festival shifts.

• Advertisement

Jenny greene playing main stage or where?

gandalfio wrote: »
    Do you know if it's possible to get from boutique camping to salty dog without a search? ie in order to bring cans to salty dog like everyone else.
    Yeah you can I'm 99% sure you can anyway, bit of a walk though as you would have to walk around by Jimi Hendrix

In Rankin's Wood https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/2fm-live-back-their-biggest-show-date

Rankins Woods, I think its the second biggest marquee after Electric Arena. About volunteering, its great craic if you have the stamina, plus it makes EP seem like a seven day festival if your crew. When you do your shifts you can wander about the wonderland taking in the stages coming together, watch the craftsmen and craftswomen at work and if you hang around at night time some of the crew have parties and a few sound systems on go around the place. You'll be camped at the bottom near Timahoe Road where the crew camp is, you'll get a crew wristband so you can also take the shortcuts on the crossroads going through the festival, a life saver when you want to get to a gig fast rather than attempting to get through the throng sometimes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eileenf99

Hi all , does anyone know what it would be like going down Friday evening. Thinking of heading around 5pm or am I better leaving it until later on say around 7pm? Have some nippers at home so it is the earliest I can go , first time EPer so no clue what traffic etc is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Stillill42

eileenf99 wrote: »
    Hi all , does anyone know what it would be like going down Friday evening. Thinking of heading around 5pm or am I better leaving it until later on say around 7pm? Have some nippers at home so it is the earliest I can go , first time EPer so no clue what traffic etc is like.
    In my experience , traffic will be brutal around 5 Eileen. Leave it till 7 would be my advice. Having said that, I've always ignored that kind of advice and burst myself to get in at the earliest possible time. God forbid I should miss something.
    No doubt there'll be pain involved at 5 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kepler21

eileenf99 wrote: »

It depends on where you are coming from. if it were me, I would leave as early as I can, you will probably hit Friday evening traffic if coming from Dublin, but probably still faster than leaving at 7pm. If you leave at 7 and then have to put up a tent etc. you will be much later arriving into the music arena.

My experience has been that it takes me about an hour from parking the car to when I have my tent set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Niveau skincare line-up out. Now I'm excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

That's mental. Like, Jenny Greene was great craic last year but with Pete Tong there, why on earth are they bringing Jenny Greene back?

• Advertisement

The information about the smaller stages will be in the Picnic programme paperback book you get with the laminate timetable yoke that you put around yer neck. It will be in different chapters, Main Arena and the tents, Body & Soul, Trenchtown, Trailer Park and Rave in the woods etc...
    Do you have to pay for those actually? Are they worth it?

Advertisement