Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

eileenf99 wrote: »
    Hi all , does anyone know what it would be like going down Friday evening. Thinking of heading around 5pm or am I better leaving it until later on say around 7pm? Have some nippers at home so it is the earliest I can go , first time EPer so no clue what traffic etc is like.
    In my experience , traffic will be brutal around 5 Eileen. Leave it till 7 would be my advice. Having said that, I've always ignored that kind of advice and burst myself to get in at the earliest possible time. God forbid I should miss something.
    No doubt there'll be pain involved at 5 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Hi all , does anyone know what it would be like going down Friday evening. Thinking of heading around 5pm or am I better leaving it until later on say around 7pm? Have some nippers at home so it is the earliest I can go , first time EPer so no clue what traffic etc is like.

It depends on where you are coming from. if it were me, I would leave as early as I can, you will probably hit Friday evening traffic if coming from Dublin, but probably still faster than leaving at 7pm. If you leave at 7 and then have to put up a tent etc. you will be much later arriving into the music arena.

My experience has been that it takes me about an hour from parking the car to when I have my tent set up.

Niveau skincare line-up out. Now I'm excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

That's mental. Like, Jenny Greene was great craic last year but with Pete Tong there, why on earth are they bringing Jenny Greene back?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eoghan18

The information about the smaller stages will be in the Picnic programme paperback book you get with the laminate timetable yoke that you put around yer neck. It will be in different chapters, Main Arena and the tents, Body & Soul, Trenchtown, Trailer Park and Rave in the woods etc...
    Do you have to pay for those actually? Are they worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Jenny Greene playingbthe Friday night again.... 2fm doing a history of hip hop in Rankin Wood at 8, followed by Greene and the concert orchestra... I will be anywhere else.

wonder which NWA hits they'll knock out?
    I too shall be avoiding this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

eoghan18 wrote: »
    Do you have to pay for those actually? Are they worth it?

Yes. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

That's mental. Like, Jenny Greene was great craic last year but with Pete Tong there, why on earth are they bringing Jenny Greene back?

Maybe they've just worked out how to plug in the orchestra?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i think you'll find that Jenny Greene single-handedly invented orchestras playing along to dance music, which was completely unheard of before EP2016, so she can do what she likes ;) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm delighted it's there. I'll be at that and the Pete tong one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

i think you'll find that Jenny Greene single-handedly invented orchestras playing along to dance music, which was completely unheard of before EP2016, so she can do what she likes ;) :rolleyes:

Yup, you'd swear it was a life changing experience, the likes of which the world had never seen! The constant hyping of it by 2fm got pretty old, pretty darn fast.

I'll probably go to Jenny Greene and skip Pete Tong tbh, but depends on scheduling and clashes.

Does anyone else think the Electric Ireland Throwback Party is a bit disappointing this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

The hip-hop part sounds interesting. Handy one to pop into and have some craic to start the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I'll probably go to Jenny Greene and skip Pete Tong tbh, but depends on scheduling and clashes.

I am pretty sure that these two will not clash... but if they do .. let's see ... the Heritage Orchestra (legendary) versus RTE Concert (very professional) ... and Pete Tong (legendary, if a bit long in the tooth at this stage) versus Jenny Greene (?).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BigMo1 wrote: »
    The hip-hop part sounds interesting. Handy one to pop into and have some craic to start the evening.
    The centrepiece to this whole project is 2FM's DJ Mo K. Mo K has been a hip hop DJ for over 16 years

you would say that, BIG MO K 1!

jessicafletcher.jpg

Le Bruise wrote: »

Yup, you'd swear it was a life changing experience, the likes of which the world had never seen! The constant hyping of it by 2fm got pretty old, pretty darn fast.
    To be honest, it was useful last year in that it took a huge crowd, place felt very manageable Friday night, some great stuff on at the same time, Broken Social Scene etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Bsal

I think Pete Tong was a bit ahead of Jenny in 2015

I am pretty sure that these two will not clash... but if they do .. let's see ... the Heritage Orchestra (legendary) versus RTE Concert (very professional) ... and Pete Tong (legendary, if a bit long in the tooth at this stage) versus Jenny Greene (?).

Obviously not, I meant if one clashes with a different act I want to see, then I'll go to the other (or neither).

Say what you want, Jenny Greene was absolutely great craic last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Obviously not, I meant if one clashes with a different act I want to see, then I'll go to the other (or neither).

Say what you want, Jenny Greene was absolutely great craic last year.

Yeah, I was there myself for a while and it was pretty good craic .. but in fairness I don't think Jenny and RTE is in the same universe as Pete and the Heritage. Its like Barcelona versus Stoke City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Depends on where you are coming from. It's a 1hour drive from the red cow to stradbally at the best of times if coming from dublin but Friday rush hour will nearly double it. Leaving at 7 could get you to wristband/ticket exchange for 8.30/9 o clock.nearly 10 before you have tent set up more than likely in joplin. I'd leave as early as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Yeah, I was there myself for a while and it was pretty good craic .. but in fairness I don't think Jenny and RTE is in the same universe as Pete and the Heritage. Its like Barcelona versus Stoke City.

Yes but could Tong & that Orchestra do it in Stoke on a wet Wednesday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

eoghan18 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think the Electric Ireland Throwback Party is a bit disappointing this year?

I think it is disappointing that it exists, but then I hate musical nostalgia for **** artists.

Ah well the Mark McCabe DJ set in 2015 was pretty good! But in reference to this years lineup I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

MJohnston wrote: »
    I think it is disappointing that it exists, but then I hate musical nostalgia for **** artists.

It is prime teenager kicking real estate though....

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Griff77

The EP off licence is up and running. Last orders Monday and pay on pick up. Seems to be the same prices as last year.

http://order.electricpicnic.ie

Cray cray expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jayop wrote: »
    Cray cray expensive

Huh?

Edit: Aaah I get it, the EP offy, just get it in Supervalu, its a bit of a walk but infinitely cheaper, look at the EP offy as a convenience express because its in the campsite.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

€55 vs €36 from Tesco - that's some convenience tax added on

• Advertisement

Huh?

The beer for sale in the EP offie.

€55 for 24 cans of Heineken is mad. I'm sure you'd get that for ~30/35 in an ordinary offlicence.

€20 for 8 cans - €14 in Supervalue now.

Desperados €65 for 24 bottles :eek::eek: - €10 for 6 in Supervalue so even buying 4 sixpacks would be €25 cheaper.

Orchard Theives €55 for 24 cans - €14 for 8 in supervalue but I'm sure you could get a slab even cheaper.

I know there's a premium to be paid for convenience, but is it really that much easier to trek to an offie than it is to trek to the car?

Advertisement